September 2014 Moms
Options

Face-planting during the night!

Has anyone else had any experience with a face-plant sleeper?

I have gone in to my DD's room twice now since I put her to bed tonight to find her face down on the mattress! DH and I are not usually worriers but this has us freaked out! She is very strong and can roll in both directions but I am still so worried. I know there isn't much I can do but any reassurance would help!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Face-planting during the night!

• Options
    If she's rolling on her own, I would keep an eye on her and no blankets of any kind, just dress her warm enough. There isn't much you can do and she may only be like that for a short time before you find her.

Sorry I don't have any solid advice, babies will make us all crazy with worry at times. Fwiw, my little guy loves to sleep on his tummy also. He isn't rolling consistently yet but he can wiggle onto his stomach after I feed him in bed when I'm too lazy to actually stay upright for a feeding. I'm sure I'll be right there with you any day. *sigh*
  • Options
    Our pedi said if she can get there on her own, then she's fine how she is. I would just make sure you had everything unnecessary removed from the crib.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DD does it too!  Freaks me out!  I'm constantly waking up and checking her monitor, or going into her room to try and turn her head.  Makes for fun days at work the next day!  Haha I have even tried sleeping face down on my mattress to make sure I can breathe, because if I can then she should be able to, too, right??
  • Options
    As of yesterday she started turning her head to the side!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"