Cloth Diapering

Charlie Banana?

Does anyone have a review of Charlie Banana diapers? This deal is on a local exchange for 10 diapers for $100.

I have never cloth diapered and am thinking about it, but it would likely be an evening & weekend thing because my DCP uses disposable. I'm trying to decide if it would be worth it. I do have one GroVia diaper and like it. Are these similar?

What other basic supplies are really needed? Do I really need a wet bag and sprayer? TIA!

Re: Charlie Banana?

• I haven't CD'd yet, but I've been told the sprayer is really only needed if you are formula or solid feeding.  BF babies poops can be washed without pre-rinsing. 

I'm ordered a 6pack of CB diapers to try out.  I think 10 for $100 is a great deal!!

• Formula is water soluble too... And sprayer you will probably want eventually

I don't like my CBanana personally
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Yes you need wet bags. I have 3 plus 3 pail liners

• I would ask how they were prepped. All these diapers need is an initial wash and they are ready to go, so I'd just question that.

You will need wet bags for outings and a diaper pail or wet bags for home.

A diaper sprayer will be a huge help. Poo needs to be removed once baby is eating anything other than breastmilk or formula.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • You also need a cloth diaper safe cream.

These diapers will not fit a newborn, so if you want to cd a nb, you will need nb size diapers.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • You need several wet bags. They're really essential if you're going to be using CDs anywhere outside of your house. The diaper sprayer is essential too. If you don't spray the poop off, you're going to have to scrape it off, or dunk and swish in the toilet. IMO, neither are very enjoyable.

If you buy used dipes, you must do a hot wash with bleach. You don't know where the diapers have been, or what germs the first baby is carrying. Bleach is the best way to kill the germs. IMO, even NIP dipes that you buy from other people should go through a hot bleach wash. (See the "I will never buy used dipes again" thread).

Most of the women here (who are actually no longer here), don't like CBs much. My only suggestion is to buy a few different brands and types to find the kind you like the best. Most CDs have great resale value, so you can easily find a buyer for the ones you don't want to keep.

Dx: Vasa Previa w/DS1
    **Tinymin born 8/14 @35w1d**
    "Annnnnnd you win the award for best SN evar." -LindsRockies

imageimage
  • I love our Charlie Bananas. Were you planning on doing one size or fitteds? My ONLY complaint is that the one size Charlies are a pain to adjust the sizes, but once you get them sized they stay put very well. 
  • edited January 2015
    I'm glad to have seen this post. I was wondering and was gonna ask you lovely ladies! I am a FTM and want to do cloth diapering and had no clue on which brand. I found CB and was like  all the reviews are good, but what do all others moms think? This definitely helps!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby June Bug is due June 5, 2015
    [[Our first, our little surprise]]
  • Thanks, everyone!
  • I only had one CB and I didn't like it that much. It leaked out the top a little. Also it didn't fit my kid well.
  • I exclusively used charlie bananas for about 15 months.
    Things I liked: cute prints, held up well (although the super soft fleece got pilly very fast), no leaks except for overnight.
    Things I didn't like: such a pain to adjust bra-strap-like size adjustor, they run small so I felt like my big baby was outgrowing them.
    Overall: good diaper, but there are better out there! I had a few bumgenius that I fell in love with, so I sold my cb (which retained their value well!) and bought bg 4.0 and Kawaii Goodnight Heavy Wetters, and I am SO much happier with my stash. I also have a few Alva that I like better than cb, and they are 1/4 the price!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"