Multiples
Options

Cloth vs disposable

I am considering doing cloth diapers for my twins. I am afraid it will be more work than it's worth. Anyone doing cloth diapers or successfully done it with twins? I have never done it before so what are the pros and cons?

Re: Cloth vs disposable

• Options
    I did cloth diapers with my first two singletons, and they overlapped a bit so I did experience two in diapers (I know that is different than two newborns).  I loved doing cloth diapering and did not find it gross at all.  It was fun for me and way cheaper than disposables.  The reason I did not do it for the twins is because of the sheer amount of laundry I already have.  We have six people in our house and the laundry just.never.ends.  I couldn't cloth diaper because it is a pretty specific laundry process and I am having a hard enough time as it is.  But if the twins were my only babies, I would probably do it!
    DD- Born 03/09/2010
    DS- Born 01/21/2012
                                              Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    The twins are not my only children and I do dread laundry but I would like to cut costs If possible. What was your laundry process? Do you soak them? Obviously I would do one load of just diapers, what did you do with the dirty ones between washes?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We CD our 8 month old twins (have since about 3 weeks). When I think about how many diapers we go through I can't imagine using disposables. You do need to wash a little more frequently than with one (if the load gets too big they don't get as clean).
  • Options
    We cloth diapered our daughter and have plenty enough for twins, so we're going for it once they've arrived. It definitely depends on how many you want to have on hand. Our wash routine shouldn't be anymore often with 2 than 1 because we have a ridiculous amount of cloth diapers (due to our dd having weight issues and going through phases of having to buy different ones to fit her right).
  • Options
    We cd our twins 21 months. It really wasn't anymore difficult to do 2 than one. We washed everyday with singleton and have continued with our twins. We use Bumgenius and I agree about not wasting money on newborns. Process dry pail, soak cycle, wash cycle, soak cycle. We line dry when we can but mostly use the dryer.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

kcloyal  - check out the cloth diapering board.  I have been a lurker on there for the past few months.  Twins due in June and I plan on using cloth once they are out of newborns. 

I have also gone to a childrens store that specializes in cloth diapers and learned all about the different folds, types, etc.  SO VALUABLE!  Also there are youtube vidoes and pintrest pins for blogs. 

*** Siggy warning ***

DH: 31 normal
    Me: 31 tubal disease
    Married 2011
    TTC 2012
    Clomid x 2 with OBGYN: BFN
    IF testing 2013: blocked left tube, low AMH
    March 2014: Ectopic rupture, emergency surgery and D&C.  Absent left tube and now closed right tube
    October 2014: IVF with ICSI #1 - BFP (17r/14icsi/12f - 2ET 10/27; 7 frosties; Nov7 beta #1= 806; Nov10 beta #2= 2738; TWINS!!!!!  EDD late June/early July 2015)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"