March 2015 Moms

Sunday randoms!

The board is moving slow this weekend. I feel like I must be missing the action on pb!

Re: Sunday randoms!

• So jealous of everyone finishing up their nursery. Mine is on pause while Target messes with my orders and keeps sending me the wrong bookshelf. Twice the wrong one has ended up at my front door!

Nothing very random today. It's gloomy and raining and I'm really happy that I just get to stay home all day and cuddle with my dog.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok. So. I've started to panic. I am originally from Mexico and my family is throwing me a shower at 35 weeks in Tijuana, right across the border, for my aunts and cousins. It's only a 3-hour drive from LA, and I go all the time but I am nervous about going into early labor and having to deliver at a mexican hospital. Shoot me. Yes, Mexico has great docs and I am being racist against my own people... I know. And unlikely anything will happen but now I'm wondering why, oh why is this shower so late? I am grateful. But. It's making me nervous. I would strongly prefer not being that far from home considering how enormous and done I feel. That's all. Happy Sunday. 33w today!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Does anyone else get nervous every time there's an update in the Facebook group? After the double "my water broke, baby is coming" posts last week, I am paranoid every day that someone else is going to deliver!
  • Good morning! @jennypm‌ those curtains are really cute, but I would also feel hesitate about spending that on curtains. I bet you can find similar ones from another company? Maybe check Amazon or target?

We got a lot done yesterday and we're finishing up today. Dh will be finishing cleaning the carpets and we're going to finish putting up the polka dot decals in the nursery. We borrowed the carpet cleaner from my friend and oh my gosh I forgot how good these carpets look and feel when freshly cleaned. I need to invest in one of these cleaners so I don't have to pay someone to come out to do it.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Kaylin Lanelle Born 9/2012
    Rylee Amelia due March 5, 2015

For SuzyQ

• I am very impatient with the baby's room being finished. I asked my husband to have it done by the end of December so I would have time to decorate and wash all of the stored clothes, put crib back together, etc. I am not of any help with painting because of the fumes in the room and being on modified bed rest. So here I continue to wait. He still needs to do the doors and trim.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • lisap0924lisap0924 member
    edited January 2015
    H started working on the nursery yesterday and is continuing today and tomorrow :)
    We are completely gutting the room and starting from scratch.
    He took down walls yestersay and took out all the old crappy insulation.
    Today is he doing the electrical and new insulation.
    Tomorrow will be new walls.
    Next on the list is paint and then a new carpet
    My parents ordered the crib yesterday.

The room may not be 100% when baby boy arrives, but he will be spending a couple months in our room anyway.

I am panicking less now that stuff is happening
    My shower is on the 8th and my work shower is on the 13th.

Married the love of my life: 5-17-14

BFP:6-27-14

EDD:3-11-15

Step Mom to Z: 4-11-06

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!

• @DragonflyDreaming‌ - regarding sizes - my hospital outfits are all 0-3m, but I just bought a few NB (up to 7 Lb) on clearance just in case because I know he will be here 3-6 weeks early.

I also read that it is safer to have tighter rather than looser clothes on the baby, so I plan to put him in NB onesies and footie pajamas the first week or two unless they are just totally too small.

This, and what brand of baby oil, wash, and powder are the hardest decisions right now.

Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• Baby's room is pretty much done, save curtains and wall hangings up.
    Today is shower day, then I need to start planning my daughter's baby shower. Our babies will be 11 weeks apart.
    I'm not on the FB page (am I too late??) so I' check here often for updates!
    Happy Sunday all you lovely M15 ladies!

Me (40) DH (45); Started dating 2-24-12, Married 5-13-13

BFP 3-16-13..EDD 11-17-13.. MMC 4-16-13 Confirmed/D&C 4-23-13...
    BFP #4 6-22-14 EDD 3-6-15 FX for our LO

• Baby's room is pretty much done, save curtains and wall hangings up.
    Today is shower day, then I need to start planning my daughter's baby shower. Our babies will be 11 weeks apart.
    I'm not on the FB page (am I too late??) so I' check here often for updates!
    Happy Sunday all you lovely M15 ladies!

• Sorry for the double post...don't know why that happened.

• edited January 2015
    Still hanging out in bed with DH and the cats. LO is moving like crazy in there. I was up early Saturday to spectate a 5k and up late at a bachelorette party in New Orleans. I have to say, pregnancy as a no questions asked excuse to get out of things I would not really want to do anyway (karoke) is pretty much the best thing about pregnancy.

DH is lying next to me researching external mikes for our DSLR (it shoots video too) and last night he was up googling steady cam rigs. I'm not exactly sure what kind of filming of the baby he thinks we will be doing.

ETA a sentence changing negative.
  • Today was my day to get up with DS. On the weekend H & I alternate days to allow one of us to "sleep in". Though I think it's not fair since I'm up with DS every day of the week and up at night if he wakes up, but whatever. So now that breakfast is done it's Octonauts and train playing time.

Since we moved last weekend, this week has been organizing and settling in. Today is the final part of settling in and I'm probably going to be bugging H all day to hang up pictures.

Happy Sunday ladies.

#1 BFP 11/6/12 EDD 07/19/13 Delivered 07/23/13 - Baby boy Everett John

#2 BFP 07/06/14 EDD 03/12/15

• @jennypm I also would not spend that much money on curtains. I got DDs blackout curtains on Amazon for $35 for a set of two and they make the room dark at high noon.

If you're semi crafty maybe you could get a cheap pair of blackouts in navy and then either hot glue or sew white fabric panels across it to get the same look for 1/4 the price.

The only splurge I'm planning on is a double Baby Jogger City Select since I don't want to waste $150-200 on a crappy double.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• My back is bugging me so much. I can't find a comfortable position anywhere, sitting, reclining, lying down, standing. They all hurt :(

Glad its a calm weekend though. Our baby stuff is starting to arrive and I'm getting worried where we'll put it all! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @jennypm those curtains are adorable. I say buy them if they will make you happy. Save on something else? Curtains make a big difference in a room! I splurged on mine from PBK, too. And I've bargain shopped for most other things. No regrets.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm glad you found a better deal on blackout curtains, @jennypm‌ . I haven't even considered blackout curtains....

I'm with @busterrose‌ on the nursery. DH insisted we go with the crib & dresser his boss wanted to give us, both needed painting. So we have been painting with the $60/ gallon baby safe paint, which takes 30 days to cure. It's going top be so cute, but he promised me out would be done by the end of December and both still need a coat. I'm hoping to push him to finish both today!!

I have received plenty of newborn onesies a gifts, so I will have more than enough clothing to fit her those first few days.

After husband and I spent the whole day being lazy yesterday, im going to try to get stuff done today, just normal laundry for the week grocery shopping kind of stuff.

I'm starting to feel really overwhelmed by how big I am. I have gained a totally acceptable amount of weight, and started off at a healthy weight, but I just feel big! I feel like I'll never be small again, and I know it's petty and silly, but I really miss my body. I'm not letting it get to me too much, it's just there.
  • @lawsonellis‌ happy shower day!

I am in bed today...not sure if I have caught a stomach bug or ms has reared it's ugly head again but I feel like total crap. Super nauseous and my head hurts. I am so over feeling like shit!

I wanted to get my bag packed today- have my 32 week apts tomorrow and it was at this very apt with DS that I was sent to L&D and didn't leave...
    BabyFruit Ticker image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Since we are talking curtains, this may be really dumb but do you use a valance and a curtain? We got the valance to go with our bedding but I think I want a curtain too. Right? And now I'm totally thinking black out curtains courtesy of @jennypm‌!! The valance has a pattern but I was thinking of getting a plain pink set of curtains to match.
  • genmccarleygenmccarley member
    edited January 2015
    I'm thinking of switching doctors. I know it's super late in the game but I feel like mine doesn't give a single shit and the end of my first pregnancy wasn't as uncomplicated as the beginning was. Not to mention that the nurses can't take an accurate blood pressure or pulse even... I wish the doctor I had with DS was still in town :-<

@jennypm‌ glad you find cheaper curtains that you like as much! I love the stripes!

@FLFishOutOfWater‌ I heard an old wives tale that you dream of the opposite sex of what you're having. Fwiw the only person I know that was told the wrong sex at her ultrasound was told it was a girl and he was actually a boy, so I feel like boys are harder to mistake. I could be wrong though, who knows.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm bumming today. DH just left early this am for work until Saturday! Yes, 8 days alone with a 2 1/2yo. I hate being alone to begin with but being super prego and having a toddler at home makes it so much worse. I'm hoping I'll snap outta it and the days will fly by but right now sucks! Rant over.
    imageimageBabyFruit Ticker

• Hope you ladies are enjoying the weekend. It's miserable & rainy here so I'm trying to work on the nursery.

I finished drawing the mural for LO's wall last night. I started painting this morning. Hopefully between the rest of today and next weekend the wall will be finished.

@jennypm‌ Glad you found a good deal on similar curtains. Love the stripes!

@happymamax2‌ hope you feel better. Also my OB gave the the TDap shot around my 28w appointment.
  • @happymamax2‌ I hope you feel better. My office offered tdap at 28 weeks, so the baby can get some protection from it.
  • Shit. I just got a FB message from my husbands aunt. She seems to think she is throwing a shower for me. Now, we talked about a shower back in October, but I wasn't sure I even wanted a shower and did not commit in any way. But she seems to think this is a done deal and she wants to do it Jan. 31! That's a pretty tight timeline, not to mention my girlfriends are having a shower for me that day.

In the meantime, I have already committed to a shower being hosted by another aunt of my husband. So now I need to call aunt #1 and tell her thanks but no thanks. I feel incredibly guilty because I know we talked about a shower, but I dont feel I firmly committed and we have not talked about it since October. Ugh. Lemme put my big girl panties on and do this.

Sorry about the vent/rant.
  • Thank you ladies! I´m hoping it subsides soon because it really feels like hell and feels like I am never going to get better. :(

Have any of you who have gotten the TDaP had any crazy reactions to it_ I´ve been hesitant to get it also because of my history with the flu shot. I know they are not the same but I´m scared of getting any crazy reactions while pregnant.

No reactions, just my arm hurt the next day. My doctor recommended me getting it before birth so I could pass passive immunization (or something like that) to LO.
  • @happymamax2‌ I'm sorry you got the flu and I hope you all feel better soon. For the Tdap, I would get it while pregnant. OB recommends it this way to pass some of the immunity to baby.

We've been running errands all morning and on our way to the last of the day. I'm so tired and the lower pelvic pressure is so bad. Going to celebrate SIL's birthday later but that will be low key and there'll be yummy food and cake.

MC: 2/19/14

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @happymamax2 I would wait until you recover from the flu, then get Tdap. You want a robust immune response to the vaccine for it to do its work, and you're not going to have that while your body is busy fighting the flu. (Of course if your OB says otherwise, go for it - this is just my understanding.)

That said, I'm getting it Tues @ 32 weeks. I've given probably 100+ Tdaps & haven't ever seen a reaction - except for one lot we had that seemed to cause a small handful of people to get a firm goose-egg like swelling at the site of the shot. But that was literally one lot of vaccines, and it didn't cause any major problems for anyone (like - not extremely painful or itchy or anything, just weird).
  • Speaking of the flu, my local hospitals just implemented their flu precautions so no one under 14 is allowed in the hospital buildings unless for their appt or to go to er, only dad/ labor coach and grandparents can visit on the family birthing unit and only parents can visit in NICU. I'm pretty bummed that these will most likely be in place til April and DS won't be able to visit.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Oh man, we found out at lunch that MIL is going to have to stay away from LO for 30 days each time he has a live virus vaccine. We originally thought she just wouldn't be able to change diapers. This is a whole new ballgame. I have no idea how long the restriction will last. Cancer sucks, y'all. LO will still get his vaccines on time, but it breaks my heart that we will have to keep them apart.
  • Oh man, we found out at lunch that MIL is going to have to stay away from LO for 30 days each time he has a live virus vaccine. We originally thought she just wouldn't be able to change diapers. This is a whole new ballgame. I have no idea how long the restriction will last. Cancer sucks, y'all. LO will still get his vaccines on time, but it breaks my heart that we will have to keep them apart.

I think there's only a couple live virus vaccines- one being rotavirus at 2 months and the other being MMR and chicken pox at 12 months. I could be wrong but hopefully you only have to worry about keeping them apart a couple times!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @AshleyS512‌ - now I need some pizza.

@CoozieInMyPurse‌ - so sorry. cancer sucks big time.

My H finished painting the nursery today!!! I have already ordered the bedding and carpet - now for the crib and changing table. We can't agree on the dresser yet - but maybe our nursery might be done before the little man gets here!!
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"