3rd Trimester

Extreme pelvic pain

kyreenlyn94kyreenlyn94 member
edited January 2015 in 3rd Trimester
I'm 28 weeks pregnant with my first baby.

I don't do a lot of heavy lifting and haven't been very sexually active, but for a few weeks now I have been experiencing a bruised feeling on my vagina, lower back pain, leg cramps and pelvic pain. My pelvic muscles are so sore and weak that I can barely turn over or walk.

Am I in danger of early labor?
What does this mean?

Best Answers

• Loading the player...

Re: Extreme pelvic pain

• I experienced the same problem. The pain was unbearable most of the time. It hurt to walk, sit, roll over in bed, etc. I was told by my doctor to pretty much deal with it because I was pregnant. Well I wouldn't accept that answer so I went back and got a second opinion. I was told to buy a belly band and I did. I bought it off of amazon but cant remember the brand. Just that it was a medical brand. I wasn't sure how it was going to help but it worked wonders. It helps lift the baby off your pelvic area. I wore it everyday, all day for about two months and the pain went away. I am now 38 weeks and haven't had to experience that kind of pain in months. good luck.
  • I'm in the same boat and bring it up at every baby appointment and they always reassure me that everything looks fine, nothing sounds out of the ordinary and its all good. I just ordered a support thingy from Amazon. I forget what its called but it looks like a jock strap! Its been really painful since around 22 weeks. Sometimes it hurts to walk or bend over sometimes it hurts to the touch. Feel alike I've been kicked by an NFL hulk down there. They said it could be internal varicose veins and that the second baby always sits lower and gives more pressure. I've found ice packs to be helpful too.
  • This sounds like SPD. It hurts when you roll over, or get up from bed, or get in and out of the car, etc. A sharp pain in the very front of your pelvis. If this sounds right, then you should read up on it a bit. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symphysis_pubis_dysfunction

I had this start around 30 weeks and honestly it was excruciating. I high tailed it to a chiropractor and have felt so so much better. I answered this same question on another thread not long ago, so I'm not going to type all the tips here. I recommend seeing a female because they do need to do hands on pelvic adjustments.

I don't know why many doctors say SPD is just par for the course and nothing can be done. That's bull. It can definitely be managed if you understand what is going on. I still have pain, but watch my movements, do exercises, etc. and it is so much better. I can't imagine what it would be like if I had just tried to live with it without doing anything. Other posters mentioned the belly band and that may work if the issue is the baby putting pressure on the pelvis, but SPD is caused by spreading of the pelvis due to hormones and wouldn't be helped a lot by that. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"