Late Term and Child Loss

The things people say...

2»

Re: The things people say...

• Ticker warning

I'm so sorry for all of the jackass things people have had said to them. 

I also agree with most that "a loss is a loss" is difficult to hear.  I agree with the statement that every loss is painful in its own right, but having suffered both an early loss and a later loss, at the risk of sounding like a judgmental know it all, for me anyway, my later loss was a hell of a lot more painful than my early loss.  My early loss, I grieved for a couple weeks, I was sad, but my sadness continued on as I wasn't getting pregnant.  Had I gotten pregnant quickly there after, it would have made it all easier.

Of course my early loss was painful, I cried for two days straight.  I will always wonder what that child would have become, and every August I think about how old he/she would have been, but it simply cannot compare with feeling this child inside you for months, falling in love more and more with each passing day, then delivering the child and holding their precious bodies in your arms.  It was painful for me after my daughter was stillborn when people would say, I know just how you feel, I lost a pregnancy at 8 weeks.  I just want to say, no you don't.  Just like, for me, I feel like my loss at 22 weeks cannot be compared with someone who experienced a loss at full term, I can't even imagine.

All of this.
    TTC since August 2013 BFP #1 1/15/14...MMC 2/24/14...D&C 3/3/14 BFP #2 5/11/14 ... severe pre-e placental abruption our angel born sleeping at 22 weeks Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"