August 2014 Moms

Is LO sitting at all yet?

I am just curious about what your LOs are doing. Mine doesn't have much of an interest in sitting right now which I think is probably normal. He tries to squirm out of the Bumbo. He might sit for a few seconds when I work with him on the floor but doesn't seem to like it. He loves to stand on people's laps but not sit.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is LO sitting at all yet?

• Not really. He's really slumped when he's in his jumperaoo and bumbo, a friend of mine says he seems to be lazy. 

• Loading the player...
  • Mine loves the Bumbo and has been doing baby crunches (trying to sit up from laying down/reclined) for about a month. He does not sit unassisted. I don't expect that for another month plus. He's got a big noggin to hold up.
  • Mine loves the Bumbo and has been doing baby crunches (trying to sit up from laying down/reclined) for about a month. He does not sit unassisted. I don't expect that for another month plus. He's got a big noggin to hold up.

Mine likes the crunches but wants me to pull him all the way up to standing.
  • My LO loves sitting but can't do it on his own yet. He does get a good ab work out trying to sit up when laying down though! And he loves standing on people's laps.
  • He'll sit supported okay for a while, but he would so much rather be held standing right now. I try to get him to practice from time to time, but it doesn't last long.
  • Yes to the baby crunches! He has been doing that for well over a month. Able to sit propped up on chair/couch, loves the jumperoo and summer infant floor seat, but not sitting up unassisted just yet. I assume that will come around 6 months? He will be 5 months on the 27th.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Our first.. Baby BOY! EDD 8/20/14 :) 
  • No sitting here.  He doesn't really like the Bumbo.  We try to force him to tripod sit, but he just falls over.  
    August 2014 Siggy Challenge: Motivational Speaking for Moms
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • She loves her bumbo and high chair but doesn't want to practice sitting on her own. She would rather practice standing and wont bend at the waist when I try to sit her on the couch.
  • She's all about sitting as then she cam watch DS, who is her favorite source of entertainment. She can't quite balance, so she more so bends and almost lays on her stomach. She does the stomach crunches when laying on her back trying to sit up.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• LO loves to sit. He was 5 months on the 14th and today he was tripod sitting for at least 5 minutes. Just the past few days he has gotten really good! He is getting better at keeping his balance pretty quickly too. He doesn't roll over at all, but sits like a champ. :)

August 2014 January Siggy Challenge

• We just got there this week! He'll be 6 months a week from tomorrow. After a week or so of playing with him sitting between my legs, he can now sit up and play almost entirely by himself. I leave the Boppy around him just in case he tilts to side or back, but he's relying on it less and less. His whole world has opened up :)

image    image
  • DD can actually sit up from laying down if I hold onto her feet. Like the ultimate all the way up assisted crunches. She can sit for a few minutes unassisted but is wobbly. I've started putting pillows around her if I'm not behind her so she doesn't hit her head if I'm not quick enough to catch her falling. She likes when I sit in front of her better so this has been working.

I've tried using the Boppy to assist but she just gets frustrated not having toys near enough to her and ends up falling straight forward. Yesterday she sat alone for maybe 3 minutes when I finally thought...I should take a picture of this. Of course all I got was her falling while too engrossed in a toy! 

This is all very recent and she's a 7/30 baby. 

• DD just started sitting unassisted two days ago! She loves it, but she still prefers to stand. However, she still has shown absolutely zero interest in rolling from back to tummy. She doesn't even try.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • DS loves to sit upright, but can't quite do it on his own yet. He loves the high chair and a little activity seat DH found for him or he'll sit up in our laps with some support.

DS does those baby crunches too! Apparently he did it once in his sleep while snuggled up with DH and he'll do it fairly often when he's awake.
  • DS loves sitting but he can only hold himself about 30 seconds and then topples over or ends up folded in half. Does anyone's LO actually sit-up on their own because Ds is nowhere near that
  • I should say he loves to sit up right when being held and supported at his waist. Other than that he's still not able to do it alone.

• dogperson11dogperson11 member
    edited January 2015
    Clara has been sitting since right after Christmas - about 18 weeks old. At her 4 month appt today her pedi said she sits like a 6 month old. As a newborn she never liked to be held horizontal, only vertical, so I think she gained core muscles and strength early due to that.

ETA: she can sit fully unassisted for several minutes at a time
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • DS is getting close, but still needs a little assistance.

• DS loves to sit! Still needs a bit of support around the hips but that's it. The other day he got to sit in a high chair at a restaurant for the first time. Just wedged him in with a couple of blankets. It's such a nice development because it lets us eat together for once :)
  • DD loves sitting. She has sat unassisted but not for long periods of time. We use the boppy for support and she enjoys that. 
                             imageimageimage
              Emma June 8/22/2014
  • Yup. He loves to sit. He can sit unassisted for several minutes.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• She can sit, but it depends on her mood as to how long.  Yesterday she sat for a few minutes, and today she needs support.
  • DS loved to sit! If I slouch him at all he will straighten his back up! He loves that he can reach for a you in front of him and straighten back up(: he will turn around, look at me, and smile everytime he does it like he knows he's doing a good job. It's adorable
  • DS also loves to sit and can do so fur several minutes. He still leans sideways sometimes but has learned to recover snd corrects himself before he falls over but if he leans to far back then there's no reviving from that lol.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • kaitm22 said:

LO loves to sit. He was 5 months on the 14th and today he was tripod sitting for at least 5 minutes. Just the past few days he has gotten really good! He is getting better at keeping his balance pretty quickly too. He doesn't roll over at all, but sits like a champ. :)

Oh hey birthdate twin :)

LO can sometimes sit for like 15 seconds unassisted. But mostly she just wants to stand.
    I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

• We are all about sitting over here. She started tripod sitting at four months and can now sit unassisted for probably five minutes. She'll be five months on the 21st.

Pregnancy Ticker

Zoe Nicole: 8/21/14

Due again: 1/17/18

• IvyMagic828IvyMagic828 member
    edited January 2015
    LO is all about the sitting.  He can sit unassisted now for a long time.  He doesn't topple over much anymore unless he wants to, but I keep pillows around him just in case.  I can't believe how good he's gotten at it. 

He never bothered learning to roll, however, haha...

He's 5 months.

Married since 8.2.08
    DS born 8.11.14
    BFP #2: 9.14.16, EDD: 5.24.17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • The longest unattended has been 30 seconds. I can't wait for her to be able to do it!
  • My LO would like to stand all the time if he could. He can sit for 30 sec, but his big head keeps him from sitting any longer.
  • He will sit for awhile in the bumpo-like seat but I haven't really tried having him sit unassisted. I doubt he can manage it yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"