March 2014 Moms

FFFC

Late in the day, but I actually have one this week so why not.  Let's hear 'em if you're still here.
Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

Re: FFFC

• Years ago, my best friend at the time always made me third wheel it with her and whoever she was dating at the time.  After a while one of her boyfriends started flirting with me a lot, grabbing my arm when she wasn't looking, slapping my butt, and always asking for my number.  When I asked why, he'd say you know why.

It eventually progressed to him reaching around his seat when she was driving and I was in the backseat behind him and he'd go up my shirt, and finger me over my jeans.  He once tried to get his hands down my pants but I managed to stop him.  I didn't WANT him to do it, and I tried to push him away, but I'll admit, I did like it sometimes, I liked the attention and I didn't always do much to stop him.

While it was going on I felt terrible, I knew I was being a terrible friend, but a couple years later she and I stopped being friends because she was a compulsive liar, but I also began to question HER behavior when this was going on.  She almost never spent time with him alone, always wanted me to tag along, she had seen him on several occasions slap my butt and she'd laugh, and I swear she left us alone together a LOT, and she never ever did that with other boyfriends.

Before we stopped being friends, but after they had broken up, we got a flat tire one night and instead of calling her current boyfriend, she called him.  He needed a part he didn't have with him an said he would have to go back home, and she suggested I go with him and she'd stay with the car.  WTF?  Why would I go with him when she is the one that dated him?  I refused, I may have liked the secret flirting and touching, but I did not trust being alone with him.  Seriously shady shit.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• I've been late twice already to student teaching. I've only written down once.
  • Loading the player...
  • We bought a second PNP for the bedroom and I just put LO down to sleep in it for the first time! She has been in the RNP In my room this whole time and then in bed with me pretty much for the rest of the night once she wakes MOTN. I hope the hell this works out! Then maybe if she goes back to longer stretches I can actually transition her to her crib in her own room! I know I'm behind on this but oh well! It's what has worked for us especially w/BF.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Anniversary
  • I rarely watch TV.
    I watch with DH. But it's only in the evening (after 8pm) while getting the kids settled down and ready for bed. It's rarely live TV. It's usually a series he bought on DVD.

But...if I'm going to watch something of my choosing it is cooking shows. :-B
    I love cooking and the shows give me ideas of how different ingredients work together. I rarely follow what the chefs do, but I'm inspired.
    (I love that cooking shows are what DD usually chooses too. ExH and I have inspired her to learn to cook and try different things. \m/
  • I have another...I'm starting to fear getting older.  Not necessarily how I look, I mean, I wouldn't get plastic surgery or any of that.  And I know I am not over the hill yet, but as of now, and especially for the last 15 years, when I really put effort into dressing nice, doing my hair, make up, etc, I feel good, and it makes me feel good to get a few looks from guys.

And then I look at older women like my MIL and stepmom, wearing their "mom jeans", sensible shoes, mom hair cuts and "blouses" and I wonder, do they still feel hot?  I am sure I am being silly since when I was 21 I thought 35 was ancient.....but still, I just fear losing that feeling about myself that I am cute and pretty and that guys still think so.  I know there are plenty of 60 something guys that are attracted to 60 something women (not that I am looking of course, I'm married) but there are also lots of 60 something men that only like 20 and 30 something women.  I never dealt with that in my 20's and now 30's because for the most part, men my age are still attracted to women my age.  Nothing can pick you up better than feeling beautiful and making some heads turn, and I guess I just worry I won't still feel like that when I get older.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

• On a similar line of looking good/ feeling good about yourself... After I am done having babies I plan on getting a breast lift. Not an augmentation or anything, but just lift them up and make them look perky again. I don't normally have huge boobs, usually a b or c cup but BF'ing has made them dd's and I am afraid of what they will look like after. Vain, but there it is.

I've thought about it too! My boobs have always been huge and pretty saggy sadly to say. Especially when I lose weight, so I worry how unbecoming they will be whenever I am done BFing forever!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Anniversary
  • SurpriseAt39SurpriseAt39 member
    edited January 2015

Right now I hate being a mom. DS has been screaming for 2 straight hours and won't STFU!! I'm pissed off, tired, and missed out on having sex because of it which makes me madder!!

ETA: oh and I have to deal with my ILs tomorrow all day, it's going to be a bad day considering I'm already down to less than 5 hours of sleep.

I know the feeling.
    LO screamed when I tried to put him back down at midnight. I got him asleep again finally and let him sleep on me til 1:30.
    I was so tired that I must have fallen asleep within seconds of getting into bed. Then DH has to wake me because LO was screaming at 6:45 this morning. I didn't even hear him.

Luckily for me, the extent of IL interaction is limited to a one hour visit when DS1 comes home.

ETA: I hope you got sleep and I hope your ILs aren't super annoying today.
  • @LakeCountryGal‌
    I think LO slept 2+5.5+2.5=10 hours total
    I slept 5+2=7 hours

The only reason I got to sleep that extra 2 hours was because DH was gone to work and DS1 is at grandmas and thankfully LO slept til after 10 this morning.

It's going to screw up our day, but I'm glad I got to sleep.

Hopefully the kids all sleep well tonight everywhere!!! All of them. All over the world. All of us mommies need our sleep!!!
  • A little late to the party...  I have no fashion sense and don't care.  I wear what is comfortable and really hate spending money on clothes.  I really need to go on that "what not to wear show"

My excuse.  I work in a hospital and wear scrubs all day and love my tennis shoes. 

I have no problem buying all sorts of clothes for LO, but not for me.....

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @alfriedeck‌
    I hate shopping. Especially for clothes for me.
    I mostly work from home now so I dress comfy. But I need nicer clothes for the office and meeting with clients.
    I don't go out much (other than groceries) so I have a couple pairs of jeans.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"