LGBT Parenting
Options

TTC Check In (1/12/15)

Good Monday morning everyone!

Please share with us where you/your partner are at with your TTC journey.

******Please remember to refrain from posting anything BFP related in this thread. This is a safe thread for all of us on the TTC journey. Anything BFP related should be posted in a separate thread if you want to share. Thank you*******

QOTW: What is your favorite cold weather activity?

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

Re: TTC Check In (1/12/15)

• Options
    @TwoMomsInTX‌ - I'm sorry that things didn't work out for a January cycle. It's hard when you're ready but your body doesn't cooperate.

@wittyandwaiting - I hope the Clomid helps!

@SheMarie82‌ - As @TwoMomsInTX‌ stated, a trigger shot is the only fool proof way to make sure that you ovulate. Even if you do ovulate on your own, the trigger helps a lot with timing and take the pressure off of you in regards to temping and OPKs. Good luck!

I am on the tail end of stimming. It's been 10 days as of today. I'm still on 450 iu Gonal-F and 10 units HCG. I'm adding in Ganirelix for tonight and tomorrow night. We go back Wednesday morning to see where things are at. I'm hoping to be able to trigger Wednesday night as my Gonal-F supply is bare bones at this point. Also, I'm ready to be done stimming and would like to give my ovaries some relief. The RE measured 12 follies this morning. On Saturday he measured 11 so who knows how many there are. He isn't quite as thorough as my RE. Oh well. ER would be Friday at the earliest.

QOTW: I'm not a huge fan of the cold weather, but C and I do enjoy snowshoeing.

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

****All Welcome!****

• Options
    Fingers crossed for everyone this month:)

We are at the start of the 2WW. I so prefer this half of the month to the first half...it feels good to hope. 

My favorite cold weather activity is purchasing, planning, and going on a WARM weather vacation. It was -38 in Minnesota last week. We are insane to live here.   Perhaps I'm also thinking of this because we just booked a Disney vacation for us and our almost 3 year old for the week baby was supposed to be due.  I was so dreading April and getting through that week--this is a beyond perfect distraction and we're really looking forward to that time of year now:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    JGYJGY member
    Fingers crossed for everyone this month:)

We are at the start of the 2WW. I so prefer this half of the month to the first half...it feels good to hope. 

My favorite cold weather activity is purchasing, planning, and going on a WARM weather vacation. It was -38 in Minnesota last week. We are insane to live here.   Perhaps I'm also thinking of this because we just booked a Disney vacation for us and our almost 3 year old for the week baby was supposed to be due.  I was so dreading April and getting through that week--this is a beyond perfect distraction and we're really looking forward to that time of year now:)

One of my current favorite sayings ... "The air hurts my face.  Why am I living where the air hurts my face?"

Glad you're gonna get out of here for a while in April.  Sounds like a great way to get your family through that tough time.

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Options
    Checking in from holiday in Portugal... I'm 11dpo after a the-office-is-closed-so-at-home-ICI but no big hopes left as I've had the signs that precede AF. Aside from that, the stress hormones from the bumpy flight over-- I'm a super duper nervous, panicky plane passenger -- would have made implantation nearly impossible. D'oh. 

So now we have some decisions to make. We're strongly considering using a known donor. Just need to figure out how that would work... 

QOTW: Planning warm holidays is definitely my wintery hobby. We're big fans of being anywhere warmer in January. Without much snow where we live, it's mostly more of the same except with more sideways wind and rain so staying in is another winter past time.   
  • Options
    Good luck everyone. Sorry for the sad news.
    I have been MIA. I have been working a lot!!! I mean a lot. So an update on me... Started birth control last week for IVf next month. I have a hysteroscopy on Thursday just to check my uterus out. As long as everything is okay we will move forward with IVf. I'm hoping the first time is the charm. With 6 disappointments and 7 month of TTC I'm definitely ready for some positive results.
    I hope the best for everyone. I'll check back in after Thursday's results!
  • Options
    We are just starting out on the TTC journey and meetnforna consultation with the SD clinic next Tuesday. Kind of nervous because we don't know what to expect.
  • Options
    @SheMarie82‌ - I was never on Clomid, I took Femara instead. I have heard the time taking Clomid being referred to as "the Clomid crazies" though.

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• Options
    @StacyLH24‌ Did you ever get your PIO order figured out with insurance or Freedom. I know awhile back you were having issue. Great news about Saturday!!

ME-34  DW-28
    Together since 1-2012
    Married 9-24-2013
    Started TTC with RE January 2014.
    Open donor sperm

IUI #1 (1-31-14) Clomid + HCG Trigger=BFN
    IUI #2 (2-27-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 2 weeks due to cysts. Placed on BCP
    IUI #3 (4-7-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 3 weeks due to 6 cysts. Placed on BCP

IVF#1 Lupron 10iu, Menopur 150iu, Gonal F 400iu, HCG trigger
    ER#1 (6-3-14) 9 Eggs, 8 Fertilized, 
    ET#1 (6-8-14) 2 Day 5 Blastocysts transferred
    6-20-14 BFP 12dp5dt Beta 114.9
                          15dp5dt Beta 365
    Low progesterone start PIO/Crinone
    6-23-14 Ultrasound shows no sac. Beta dropped. Chemical.
    IVF#2 Menopur 150iu, Gonal F450iu, Ganirelix, Lupron trigger
    ER#2 8-13-14 7 Eggs, 3 Fertilized and frozen
    FET scheduled for 10-11-14
    FET Canceled due to thin lining

IVF #2  Fresh Cycle Scheduled for December 2014

• Options
    Himee33 said:

@StacyLH24‌ Did you ever get your PIO order figured out with insurance or Freedom. I know awhile back you were having issue. Great news about Saturday!!

I did. I ended up going through a local pharmacy and it worked out just fine.

Now if I can just get a handle on all the rest of these meds! I have gotten conflicting information from two nurses and one RE about what I'm taking and when to start. I am so confused!

Turns out that I need a med for tomorrow that I don't even have yet. They keep telling me to take an antibiotic that I don't have because the RE said I don't need it since I've been on an antibiotic for several weeks now. He told me PIO doesn't start until after transfer and the nurse said Sunday. And I'm supposed to take Benadryl three times a day up until the pregnancy test. I have no tolerance for meds like that, so I'm not sure how I will even function for two weeks. She said to take as many as I can. I'm not even sure when I'm supposed to start that and another med that goes with it for three days.

I have a list of questions to ask before they knock me out tomorrow morning.

Sorry for that rant, just needed to get it out to others who would understand.
    This has been one heck of a cycle so far. I hope it's a good sign....

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• Options
    @StacyLH24 You'd think everyone telling you to take medicines could get together and make you an hour-by-hour chart and then agree to keep the message consistent. Yeesh! If/when we decide to make the jump to IVF, I don't know how I'll cope! I felt super wonky taking guafinesin (with no other ingredients) three times a day for increased CM. 

Everything crossed for you! Will be thinking of you tomorrow. 

• Options
    @channe9 - Thank you. My first IVF cycle was in July and it was a breeze med wise in comparison to this one.

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• Options
    @StacyLH24‌ Woah! Sounds like the nurses and your RE need to get together and get on the same page about your medication! I would be irritated! I've never heard of taking Benadryl after your transfer. Hopefully they get their junk together today! Fingers crossed for a smooth ER tomorrow!

So happy you got your PIO figured out. I was going through my leftover medication to see if I had any to donate to my RE clinic and I found 6 boxes of PIO I ordered from Freedom and I guess I forgot about. I kept them just in case you didn't get any. I was going to send them to you :)

ME-34  DW-28
    Together since 1-2012
    Married 9-24-2013
    Started TTC with RE January 2014.
    Open donor sperm

IUI #1 (1-31-14) Clomid + HCG Trigger=BFN
    IUI #2 (2-27-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 2 weeks due to cysts. Placed on BCP
    IUI #3 (4-7-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 3 weeks due to 6 cysts. Placed on BCP

IVF#1 Lupron 10iu, Menopur 150iu, Gonal F 400iu, HCG trigger
    ER#1 (6-3-14) 9 Eggs, 8 Fertilized, 
    ET#1 (6-8-14) 2 Day 5 Blastocysts transferred
    6-20-14 BFP 12dp5dt Beta 114.9
                          15dp5dt Beta 365
    Low progesterone start PIO/Crinone
    6-23-14 Ultrasound shows no sac. Beta dropped. Chemical.
    IVF#2 Menopur 150iu, Gonal F450iu, Ganirelix, Lupron trigger
    ER#2 8-13-14 7 Eggs, 3 Fertilized and frozen
    FET scheduled for 10-11-14
    FET Canceled due to thin lining

IVF #2  Fresh Cycle Scheduled for December 2014

• Options
    @Himee33‌ - Thank you for thinking of me. I have three bottles right now, which is enough to get me through beta.

@TwoMomsInTX‌ - Thank you. I will get my fert report on Sunday.

I'm hoping for smooth sailing tomorrow morning and lots of sleeping tomorrow afternoon. And lots of mature eggs!

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"