March 2015 Moms

FFFC

Let's hear em! Remember flame free isn't always a guarantee
autism photo: AUTISM autismglitter.gifBabyFruit Tickerphoto d61f26e5-4fb2-4a0b-b301-b0af2b53d4d3.jpg

Re: FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so over being nice to the random people asking stupid questions, I tried but if you're going to accuse us of being snarky when we are helpful and nice then fuck it. I'll say what I really want to say anyways. 

I think we definitely all agree on that one
    autism photo: AUTISM autismglitter.gifBabyFruit Tickerphoto d61f26e5-4fb2-4a0b-b301-b0af2b53d4d3.jpg
  • Here goes nothing! I am pretty much on the way to being OVER being pregnant. I don't sleep, burp and fart like a disgusting man, walk like my 90 year old grandmother, lets not even MENTION the constant CM so I feel like I've wet myself like ALL DAY, and feel like I swallowed a really heavy watermelon. His kicks are beginning to get PAINFUL and I feel like he's running out of room already. Don't get me WRONG - being pregnant is a miracle and I am SO thankful for the opportunity to carry my own child; but I'm over it. 

Don't forget about everyone constantly telling you how miraculous pregnancy/childbirth is (which it is...). I want this baby to bake for as long as she needs to, and I know that as pregnancies go, mine has been pretty easy, but the next person to say something like, "look how small you are -- you can't be that miserable!" will get a big "fuck you and the horse you rode in on" from me.
  • I'm tired of my MIL asking me what the babies names are. Everyone else has respected our decision to wait until babies are born to know but she still tries. She was doing a craft project for them and asked if she could have the initial for them. We gave her those on the stipulation that she not know which initial was for which baby since we are having a boy and a girl, but yesterday she still asked again....ugh. And on the flip side FIL keeps telling us to make sure not to tell anyone in case other people steal the names. I guess i just don't like people telling me what to do! lol
  • kcbizmekcbizme member
    edited January 2015
    saltyfins said: Even though I only have about 10 weeks left of being pregnant (I hope), I went out today and bought three pairs of maternity skinny jeans o_O Buuuut they were only $17.99 each so I don't feel too bad about it. And I hope I'm pregnant a couple more times in the next few years ; )

~edit b/c TB hates when I quote~

I just ordered 4 pairs of maternity pants from ON yesterday. I have TWO pairs that I can wear, one of which is too short. I still have at least a month left (hopefully longer) and damnit I will be comfortable!
  • @carmar3, I know a few couples like that and it drives me insane. I get really uncomfortable when couples put each other down in front of others. i feel like its really inappropriate 
  • Well, I have another one that's a little embarrassing. The underwire in my bra has been killing me today. I even folded up kleenex and put it between my skin and the bra, but it didn't help. Around 3:30, I said fuck it and discreetly took it off at my desk and put it in my purse. I have on a cardigan and I figured I would just stay at my desk for the remaining 90 minutes and no one would know.

Not 5 min. later, my boss called me into his office to discuss a file. I don't think he noticed (I hope), but it sure was awkward crossing my arms and position my body so it wasn't obvious. That's enough excitement for today!

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @jr_packard & @ToasterCat - That drives me crazy too! "You're due MARCH 17th, you don't hardly look that pregnant. Man, you must be feeling awesome!" Speak for YOURSELF. I am still sharing my abdomen with another LIVING person who karate kicks and punches me ALL day, while pushing on my lungs, bladder, and most internal organs. Feeling awesome ended WEEKS ago, but thanks for the "compliment" ?! 
    For SuzyQ0525 and all other M15 losses

BabyFruit Ticker
    It's a BOY !!!
  • XtchristiextXtchristiext member
    edited January 2015

@saltyfins‌

One of my friends just posted a picture of her slice of king cake. It had a baby in it. I had no idea what this was!

I still don't. She didn't really explain what it meant : )

It means she's gotta buy the next one! ;)

Edited for my massive quote fail!
    Me:36 DH:35
    DD#1: 2/23/15

BFP #1 6/22/13 EDD 3/2/14 BO/D&C 7/25/13

BFP #2  6/27/14  EDD 03/10/15 DD 2/23/15

BFP #3 02/29/16 EDD 11/7/16

photo 59f008b1-1569-4807-a304-cb7247085858jpg

• edited January 2015
    saltyfins said:
    Even though I only have about 10 weeks left of being pregnant (I hope), I went out today and bought three pairs of maternity skinny jeans o_O Buuuut they were only $17.99 each so I don't feel too bad about it. And I hope I'm pregnant a couple more times in the next few years ; )
    I'm going to piggyback this and add that I'm totally planning on wearing them postpartum as long as I can get away with. They're so comfortable!! ETA: Im about to have my first slice of king cake this Mardi Gras season and maybe that's part of the reason I'll need maternity pants after I deliver. Living in New Orleans with no self control is hard sometimes!
    One of my friends just posted a picture of her slice of king cake. It had a baby in it. I had no idea what this was! I still don't. She didn't really explain what it meant : )
    Short, modern answer -- The person who gets the baby has to bring the next king cake.

Longer, historic answer -- Mardi Gras season starts on January 6th, Epiphany, or 12th night. King cakes started out as 12th night cakes. The baby (or bean) represents Jesus (i.e. tie into Christmas). The person who finds it is king or queen for the night.

ETA: I want some king cake now.
  • drudolph11drudolph11 member
    edited January 2015

My FFFC is that freezer meals totally gross me out. I'm not completely sure why but the idea of making food now for me to eat in 2 months is not appetizing in the least.

I can't eat leftovers or eat anything re heated. I don't know why but seeing the food all weird and frozen like that totally grosses me out. Now i can eat it sometimes if someone else re heats it for me and i don't have to see it before it is cooked but only some things lol
    Pregnancy Ticker

imagephoto pgal_zps8d04c926.pngphoto mom2015_zpsb124dd59.pngimage

March 15' January Siggy Callenge: Animals Being Jerks
    photo jerks_zpsk4p1dtwb.gif

photo candle_zpslg8yegqf.gif
    For @suzyq0525 and all of our other M15 loss moms
  • I have separation anxiety leaving my cat ... Like I don't worry about him I just miss him.. A lot ..
  • @cafecreme‌ gahhh really? Wow. I can't even with that one I know we are all anxious to meet out LO but that is just crazy wtf? I would have gone ape shit on them and then peaced out because they are obviously too stupid for me to even care what their responses would have been. Medical reasons for induction are obviously a different story but deliberate inpatient reasons are just plain outrageous.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• lawsonellislawsonellis member
    edited January 2015
    Afm- I can't stop farting and/or burping uncontrollably. They just come out of nowhere. Mostly at work. And I'm not even sorry anymore.

Also, I get a little panicky thinking about the future because neither H nor I have parents that are capable of watching LO and I maybe have like... 2 friends between us that I'd trust. I hate the idea of leaving her with strangers, so now I'm freaking out that I'll never get to go out with H alone again. Total first world problem but still :/
  • drudolph11drudolph11 member
    edited January 2015
    @saltyfins‌ DO IT! And do it right this instant before you convince yourself that you don't need them because you do need them! Hehe
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I can't stop registry stalking. Its terrible, since I love surprises. I should wait until the shower but I can't help peeking. I keep justifying that I'm doing it to make sure I have enough choices on there for people........I need to lock the registry from viewing it myself and let my sister manage it or something! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Here goes nothing! I am pretty much on the way to being OVER being pregnant. I don't sleep, burp and fart like a disgusting man, walk like my 90 year old grandmother, lets not even MENTION the constant CM so I feel like I've wet myself like ALL DAY, and feel like I swallowed a really heavy watermelon. His kicks are beginning to get PAINFUL and I feel like he's running out of room already. Don't get me WRONG - being pregnant is a miracle and I am SO thankful for the opportunity to carry my own child; but I'm over it. 

I feel very similar to this. I am also very irritable and feel like everyone in the world is making it their personal mission to annoy me. I don't know how I will survive 8 more weeks. If I wasn't so lazy and immobile feeling I would be concerned I might start committing violent crimes.
  • I am selling the perfectly good crib we bought on Amazon on Craigslist so I can get the IKEA Gulliver I have always wanted. But now I am second-guessing that crib, too. I am completely unable to commit to anything for the nursery and we've been shopping since August.
  • I have separation anxiety leaving my cat ... Like I don't worry about him I just miss him.. A lot ..

I know exactly how you feel. No joke. My H is also the same way. We came home a day early from a vacation once because we just really missed the cats. I have left the house before, locked the door, and then came back in just to snuggle the cat a few more times before I leave for work.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• I ate a box of brownie mix - just dry - this week. I didn't feel like cooking and didn't want to go buy brownies.

• Skrittens said:

I have separation anxiety leaving my cat ... Like I don't worry about him I just miss him.. A lot ..

I know exactly how you feel. No joke. My H is also the same way. We came home a day early from a vacation once because we just really missed the cats. I have left the house before, locked the door, and then came back in just to snuggle the cat a few more times before I leave for work.
    He watches me through the window in the door when I leave and it breaks my heart! We were supposed to go out tonight with SO friend but I said I wasn't feeling good (I feel fine but my cat is sleeping on my lap and I didn't want to get up) I'm glad I'm not the only one!

P.s. you ate the dry brownie mix? Was it good?!
  • @coleybug13‌ , @FLFishOutOfWater‌ - I liked the brownie mix - I just ate small spoonfuls at a time. It is really gross - I totally hide it from my H. I'm not a huge dessert fan - so a small spoonful here and there satisfies my occasional cravings. Raw batter, on the other had is totally not appealing to me...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"