TTC After a Loss
Options

Today I Vent (Warning: LC mentioned)

It has been 26 days since my MC / D&E.  I just want AF to come.  I have become extraordinarily impatient and frustrated.  I'm temping... why, I don't know.  B/c the DR benched me for 2 cycles so why temp.  I wake up every day, temp, don't get AF, and feel sorry for myself.  I know it could be a while/ before AF comes... or not.  Not knowing makes me crazy.  My sister (AMA - 40 years old) had her first baby Sunday.  So - after the initial heart break of hearing that this child was coming whether I was mentally ready or not, ended up being immensely therapeutic for me.  He went right to the NICU due to some minor complications but is totally fine.  So since the hospital is right around the corner from me, I pretty much spent the whole week in NICU with him!  My sister stayed at my house b/c I'm so close to the hospital.  Well, the baby went home yesterday and I want to cry.  Not b/c the baby is now healthy enough to leave, but because he's gone. She lives maybe 30 minutes away, but somehow I feel like he's just not as accessible to me anymore.  And he was good for my heart.  I put all my own sadness aside and focused on him, 100%.  And now he's home living his own life with his parents and I'm home, alone, feeling sorry for myself, wondering if AF will come today (which it won't), and wondering how I'm going to get through 2 cycles without wanting to take a hostage!  I'm trying to study for my real estate license, but I can't focus.  I can't really do anything except sit here and be sad.  I was sad yesterday but lord have mercy some s*&t went down on TB that I was unaware of, and all of you peaced out for a bit.  :)  Anyway... I guess that's all.  I have no questions, just frustration, sadness, impatience, worry, emptiness.  

Married April 13, 2013

TTC #1
38 years old
1st BFP 11/11/14 (EDD 7/24/14)
1st loss 12/22/14
Off Loestrin FE 24 since 6/9/14
Irregular, short LP, low progesterone
Diagnosed with PCOS Feb 2015
Started IVF April 2014
1st retrieval May 2015 - 30 retrieved, 29 fertilized, 1 normal
2nd retrieval June 2015 - 27 retrieved, 22 fertiziled, 1 normal
Implantation date August 12, 2015
BFP 8/24/2015

ALL WELCOME

Re: Today I Vent (Warning: LC mentioned)

• Options
    I'm sorry that you're having such a rough time
    You do seem to understand that 26 days post mc isn't that long at all to wait for AF.
    Also, 2 months of being benched is probably just what your body needs to heal...and also isn't long at all
    I dont think that it's a bad idea to temp, too at least know what's going on with your body

4 Losses (2003, 2008, Apr 2012, & Oct 2012)
    All RPL and IF testing with multiple REs = normal

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I know it hasn't been a long time.  26 days is nothing, I do get that.  It has felt like 26 years.  Dramatic, I know.  I think part of it is that since this all happened, the monday before Christmas, I've been on the go... holidays, family, parties, then my sister having her baby.  Now, I'm just here.  Nothing but time to wait.  And it is making me feel sorry for myself.  I have a bunch of testing that my Dr is doing that I can't start until I get AF too, so it's like I'm just in my head all day going "when is it coming, when can I start my testing, when is the 2 cycles over, when when when??".  

Dear Me, BE PATIENT.  Love Me!  

UGH.

Married April 13, 2013

TTC #1
    38 years old
    1st BFP 11/11/14 (EDD 7/24/14)
    1st loss 12/22/14
    Off Loestrin FE 24 since 6/9/14
    Irregular, short LP, low progesterone
    Diagnosed with PCOS Feb 2015
    Started IVF April 2014
    1st retrieval May 2015 - 30 retrieved, 29 fertilized, 1 normal
    2nd retrieval June 2015 - 27 retrieved, 22 fertiziled, 1 normal
    Implantation date August 12, 2015
    BFP 8/24/2015

ALL WELCOME

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mcodea88 waiting for AF after an MC is difficult and each day seems like a week. We all want to begin moving on and the first AF is a part of that. 

26 days is not a long time after a loss. I am not referring just waiting for AF, but for the mental healing as well. All of your emotions are normal, especially with your sister's baby situation. 

So many *hugs* to you. 
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Options
    I'm so sorry that you're having a hard time. I decided not to temp after my MC because I needed the mental break from TTC. I just waited for AF to come, and of course the length of time for this to happen really varies from person to person. For me it was 30 days. Be kind to yourself and all the time to grieve. Maybe also schedule some activities for yourself to stay active like you were during the holidays? ((hugs))
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 31, DH: 30, Married July 2013
    TTC since March 2014
    BFP#1  5.17.14, EDD 1.26.15, MMC (measuring 6w3d at 8w3d), D&C 6.26.14
    BFP#2  9.19.14, EDD 5.29.15, AF on 9.23.14 CP
    BFP#3  12.17.14, EDD 8.25.15, AF on 12.21.14 CP#2

Current plan: TTC while waiting for RPL results to come back
    Stalk my ute

• Options
    I'm sorry that you are struggling.  Waiting for AF after a MC really sucks and I hope it comes soon for you.  ((((HUGS))))
    TTC #3 since 8/2012 image
    DX Endometriosis 2/2002 (lost left tube due to a cyst), PCOS
    6/2010
     BFP - 10/18/2012, EDD - 6/26/2013, Baby Girl lost at 22 weeks (T21), D&E 2/15/2013
    BFP - 4/23/2014, EDD - 1/2/2015 Twin Boys lost at 12 weeks, M/C 6/25/2014

My chart here  All ALers welcome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    June 3Missing Our January Snowflake
  • Options
    So many hugs. I am glad you found comfort with your nephew. The two cycles will come and go but they will feel like forever today. Your sister's story gives me hope. I worry about my every cd1. I hope you feel better soon. If temping is too stressful for you right now you might want to take a break. I know thus can be an unpopular opinion but I tempted for several months and was able to find a pattern in my cycle but I also sacrificed some sanity along with sleep. 

***TTCAL January siggy challenge ***
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss, the waiting is really tough... just feels like salt in the wound most of the time.  ((hugs))

::The sudden disappointment of a hope leaves a scar that even the ultimate fullfillment of that hope cannot fully erase:: Thomas Hardy

BFP #1: 07/08/11  EDD: 03/22/12  Missed miscarriage @ 8w: 08/11/11, stopped growing @ 6w6d
    BFP #2: 03/26/12  EDD: 12/07/12  We have a HB at 7w!! (04/20/12)  CSD born 12/12/12 
    BFP #3: 08/05/14  Chemical Pregnancy at 4w3d 08/06/14
    BFP #4: 10/02/14  EDD: 06/10/15  Miscarriage at 6w6d 10/22/14

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Options
    Sorry for your loss. I went to a dark placw in my mind focusing on every little thing that i had no control over. So, for me, focusing on what I CAN control has really helped. Like, making myself clean the house. Making myself go for a walk. Going to work is actually therapeutic in it's own way bc I am focused on doing something else. I don't temp bc im worried I will become OCD about another thing that is out of my control. I could be wrong, but I think stress can play a role in when AFTER arrives. Go slow. Take time to heal mentally and physically. Enjoy some time with your sister and nephew if you can, since it sounds like that brought you some peace from the craziness. ((Hugs))
  • Options
    So many hugs to you.  I had a D&C and AF came about 5 weeks later, and I had O pains 3 weeks after surgery.  Maybe this will ease your mind about the bench and why charting while TTA may help.  I was told that we could try as soon as we were ready because I was AMA and the loss was probably from bad eggs.  I began temping after AF came.  It took 4 cycles to get another BFP.  What I noticed by charting is with the VIP membership, when I did a chart overlay of my first BFP cycle and my cycles after my MC, my post O temps were significantly lower than the cycles before my loss.  They did not go back up until the 4th cycle and my LP phase was shorter for the first few cycles.  If I hadn't temp/charted I wouldn't have seen this.  That tells me my body was probably not ready until the 4th cycle post D&C, so waiting a few months will probably not make you miss a potential BFP.  HTH.

This time I was able to use meds, so I am temping to see if my body recovers sooner than with the D&C.  After my appt with the high risk doctor next week, we will decide if we will NTNP until AF or TTA with an RE referral.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Options
    I'm sorry you're having a tough time. I'm glad your nephew is out of the NICU, though. My nephew is 7 now, but he was in the NICU for about a month and it was a very scary time. 

As for the waiting game, I had my D&C Sept. 30 and AF came back Nov. 3. I'm sure yours will come back soon. Everything after my D&C felt like an eternity (I was benched for two cycles too), but the time will pass, I promise you. Just hang in there.

Sending you lots of hugs. 
    * Me: 31, DH: 33 * Married 10.16.10 * Parents of our furbaby Sophie *
    BFP: 8.28.14 | EDD 5.6.15 | MMC Discovered 9.25.14 (8 weeks)| D&C 9.30.14

"Everybody here has got a story to tell. Everybody's been through their own hell. There's nothing too special about getting hurt, but getting over it that takes the work. Because one way or another, we all need each other. Nothing's going to turn out the way you thought it would. Friends and lovers, don't you duck and cover because everything comes out the way it should in the end." -Glen Phillips, "Duck and Cover" 

• Options
    So many many ((hugs)) to you today!
    Let yourself feel the emotions. I know just what you mean about focusing on other things. FX that AF comes soon!
    Temping also isn't a bad idea, because as it has already been mentioned it lets you keep track of what your body is doing.
    Me: 24 
    DH: 25
    BFP: 1/12/14       EDD: 9/18/14     MC: 1/15/14
    BFP: 5/6/14         EDD: 1/5/15       MC: 5/10/14
    BFP: 12/29/14      EDD: 9/12/15      MC: 1/5/15
    Dx: PCOS - 8/20/14, Hashimoto's - 10/10/14, Gluten Allergy 10/10/14

My Chart

TTCAL January Challenge
  • Options
    Lots of hugs! I am in the same boat waiting for AF. It has been 15 days since my loss and I've also been benched for two months. The frustration and emotional stress is so draining. I hope you are able to find something to help ease your mind. Reading and reorganizing my entire house has bee working for me. DH doesn't mind the reading but moving everything has proven to frustrate him a bit :smiley:
  • Options
    Hello, I am sorry you are going through this. Waiting for AF is an absolute bitch. 

I am glad your sister's baby is doing well and that you found time spent with him to be healing. I can understand your feelings of sadness about him being less accessible to you. 

I hope you are able to heal and make it through the next few cycles without taking a hostage. Be kind to yourself and give yourself breaks when you need them! Hang in there!
     Me: 30, DH: 30. Dating since 2007- Married: 5/18/13. 
    BFP: 9/3/14, Found out we had triplets 10/10/14,  EDD: 5/14/15, Confirmed MMC: 10/14/14. D&C: 10/16/14.
    Formerly TashaCN and wonderigwhatmyfutureholds

All AL welcome. 
  • Options
    Thinking of you. I am sorry you're feeling so sad right now. (((Hugs)))
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"