VBAC
Options

Intro and Why I'm Here

Hi ladies! My name's Bridget. I'm a STM with an 8 year old DS and am currently 13w+2d. I had a C-section with my DS due to being induced with 3 types of meds over the course of 3 days (it was horrible) until a different nurse (my guardian angel) came on duty after they started pumping me full of petocin. She discovered that my DS was breech.

According to my research, there really is no good reason why I shouldn't be able to have a vaginal birth this time considering breech was the only reasoning behind the C-section. When I first met with my OB/GYN at my 8 week appointment, she asked if my plan was to VBAC or have a C-section again. I said C-section just because I was uneducated about VBAC and was convinced a C-section was what I wanted/had to have (you know...once a c-section, always a c-section). My doctor's response was, "Good! I'm glad we're on the same page." Now that I'm interested in having a VBAC, I'm worried my doctor will not be willing to deliver our baby. She also warned me that I would have to meet strictly set guidelines for having a VBAC....what they are, I'm not quite sure but will be asking at my next appointment.

ANYWAYS! That's my introduction and why I'm here! Excited to learn more and join a community of women considering the same journey :)

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Intro and Why I'm Here

• Options
    Good luck talking to your doctor!
    My doctor told me yesterday that the women with the best chances of VBAC are those who had a c-section because of a positioning problem. So that's good news for you!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I'm sorry you're dealing with this, and yes, I would definitely find out what their guidelines are for having a VBAC, because I've heard of some incredibly restrictive ones that pretty much guarantee a repeat c-section (like not being allowed to go past 39 weeks or baby has to be measuring under 8 lbs on a growth ultrasound, etc.). Luckily, I've had great doctors who really worked with me to get my VBACs (and I've now had three), so you might want to think seriously about finding a more supportive doctor if yours gives you any pushback on your decision to try for a VBAC.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the great advice girls! I will let you know how it goes with my current doc at my next appointment!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    When I talked to my doc about a VBAC over RCS some of the things he told me that make you a good candidate are:

Why you had a CS in the first place
    How much time has passed since your CS

I was advised that I have to go into labor on my own and I only have two weeks after my EDD to have baby or I will have to have a RCS.

Good luck either way! Just make sure you are on the same page with your doctor. A doctor thats not on the same page as you can make things harder on your goal to VBAC. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"