3rd Trimester

sporadic intense hip pain

Hi everyone!

Has anyone else experienced this? Since week 32 I am randomly getting really intense pain in one or both of my hips that only lasts a few seconds. It's totally unpredictable as to when it's going to strike but it always seems to be when I'm standing or walking not sitting or lying down. 

Thanks!

Heather

Re: sporadic intense hip pain

• I've had pelvic and hip pain pretty consistently since entering the third trimester. I'd consult with your Dr. For me, a good support belt and rest helped. Good luck!
    Me:36 DH:35
    DD#1: 2/23/15

BFP #1 6/22/13 EDD 3/2/14 BO/D&C 7/25/13

BFP #2  6/27/14  EDD 03/10/15 DD 2/23/15

BFP #3 02/29/16 EDD 11/7/16

photo 59f008b1-1569-4807-a304-cb7247085858jpg

• It's the same here, since I reached 32weeks 've been experiencing such. I guess it's due to the expansion of the round ligaments in the pelvic region. Nothing to worry about. Wish all mum -to-be , a happy delivery. For more sharing of experiences and ideas on pregnancy issues, u can contact me via +2348029399596 (whatsapp). Love u all.
  • Loading the player...
  • Same here! I think it's normal. Just super uncomfortable. And also along with those pains I sometimes get a shooting pain right on top of my vagina. Which is super great. Hahaha. Good luck!
  • toluwase said:

It's the same here, since I reached 32weeks 've been experiencing such. I guess it's due to the expansion of the round ligaments in the pelvic region. Nothing to worry about. Wish all mum -to-be , a happy delivery. For more sharing of experiences and ideas on pregnancy issues, u can contact me via +2348029399596 (whatsapp). Love u all.

Whaaaaaaaat?
  • I have bursitis in my right hip and both my hips are killing me. Have been since I was at the end of my first trimester. Mine acts up after lying down or sitting for long periods of time and walking is excruciating and sometimes not possible for a few minutes after getting up. Makes those million pee runs a night super fun.

Check with your doctor just in case but aches and pains just come with the territory.
  • I had some pretty intense hip pain around that time as well. It was either sciatica pain or round ligament pain, either way it sucked. Definitely just the body goes through changes to get ready for a little baby! After about week 37 I realized the pain was subsiding, just a different phase my body was going through at the time. I used warm baths and heat pads to help with the pain.
  • I've had round ligament pain since entering the 2nd trimester.  The pain is so intense that it'll wake me up every 30 minutes as I try to sleep at night.  I roll over to give one hip some relief & that only lasts for another 30 minutes.  Sometimes it's so intense that it brings me to tears.  A hot shower has help on a couple of occasions.  I would pay anything for mine to only be sporadic & to not have started until week 32.  Consider yourself very lucky.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"