Cloth Diapering
Options

Am I Messing Up My Kids Book Club Open

Hey! I finally got the social group thing opened, and I added everyone I could find who had expressed interest in reading the book. If I missed inviting you (I'm sorry!), the group is called Book Club: Am I Messing Up My Kids? so you can ping me to get added. I haven't actually had a chance to start the book yet, so don't worry if you haven't bought it or started reading yet. I've never actually participated in a social group (much less started one) so bear with me while I get things rolling. I'll start us with a GTKY question and y'all let me know if you prefer a weekly one-chapter check-in or if you want to do longer chunks.

And if you're wondering what on earth I'm talking about, here is a link to the summary in the first post when we talked about starting this: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12357380/am-i-messing-up-my-kids-book-club#latest.

Re: Am I Messing Up My Kids Book Club Open

• Options
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Options
    I decided to buy it and give it a shot, but haven't gotten it yet. Sending a request @unaveragejane‌.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for posting the link, ITK! Had to step away to feed a whining rugrat my wonderful child.

• Options
    esd said:
    Thanks for posting! I'm slacking and haven't ordered the book yet - I think I saw it's best to order a hard copy instead of the e book?
    I think it's a matter of personal preference. There are discussion questions, so you'll likely want a place to take notes, whether paper tablet or electronic one.

• Options
    Jane, you can nominate others as mods to accept invites etc.

May I suggest not nominating me. My head may explode from the non existent power.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    Can I join (even if I'm a slacker who may or may not ever actually read to the right place at the right time)?
    London Eye 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• Options
    @Chickypoo2468 -Sorry it's being such a pill! I pulled your invite, so hopefully it will let you send your own request now. I'm going to see if I can figure out how to add a second mod since my bump time is hit or miss some days.

@kklamb10 - I sent you an invitation yesterday, but it doesn't say you've accepted it. I'm going to guess it's doing to you what it did to MK, so I'll pull your invite and let you send a request, too. We'll get it sorted out eventually.

• Options
    Jane, you can nominate others as mods to accept invites etc.

May I suggest not nominating me. My head may explode from the non existent power.
    How do you add more mods? I have looked all over the page and can't find that option.

• Options
    If you click on the blue link 'Members' you are brought to a page where you can individually promote leaders or kick someone from the group.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    kklamb10 said:

Does anyone know if social groups work on mobile? I just sent a request to join but I've been having issues on mobile lately.

I was able to link to it from my phone through one of the above posts.

• Options

hey ladies from this group (or anyone else who is interested)

i want to start kicking ass in all areas of my life.  thanks to to tj and linewife i'm now regularly exercising, thanks to jane's chaos control i'm now organizing, thanks to stoney i'm preparing to read something more taxing than Green Eggs and Ham, but i really need to get back on track with being in scripture.  
    I pulled up a reading plan on my YouVersion Bible and was wondering if anyone else wanted to join me.  I thought again since it's kinda sensitive and personal info that ends up being discussed, i might start a PM thread for those interested (the secret groups are hard because you can't really see when theres a new msg).
    I'm not thinking anything too time consuming or intense.  Just something to keep those interested encouraged and accountable, and offer a place to discuss spiritual issues if you want.  

If you're interested, you can respond here or PM me and i'll put together a private thread
    @theultimatesak‌, YGPM in a minute!
  • Options
    Oh I requested to join thinking this was regular book club. I'm not religious so disregard mah request. *slinks away*

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

Oh I requested to join thinking this was regular book club. I'm not religious so disregard mah request. *slinks away*

Did you see "And the winner is..." thread? The book club book has been chosen. See you over there!
  • Options
    Count me in!
  • Options
    I want to join :)
    London Eye 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• Options

hey ladies from this group (or anyone else who is interested)

i want to start kicking ass in all areas of my life.  thanks to to tj and linewife i'm now regularly exercising, thanks to jane's chaos control i'm now organizing, thanks to stoney i'm preparing to read something more taxing than Green Eggs and Ham, but i really need to get back on track with being in scripture.  
    I pulled up a reading plan on my YouVersion Bible and was wondering if anyone else wanted to join me.  I thought again since it's kinda sensitive and personal info that ends up being discussed, i might start a PM thread for those interested (the secret groups are hard because you can't really see when theres a new msg).
    I'm not thinking anything too time consuming or intense.  Just something to keep those interested encouraged and accountable, and offer a place to discuss spiritual issues if you want.  

If you're interested, you can respond here or PM me and i'll put together a private thread
    I'd love to join in! I've really struggled with reading my bible since L was born. I could totally use inspiration/encouragement
  • Options
    @sasq09‌, this is me with my L too. When she was brand-new, I read the Bible outloud for both our benefits but fell out of habit as she got bigger/more squirmy. Sometimes I'll listen to an audio version while nursing but it's not the same. Hoping this group will help me read outloud again!

Thanks for starting this, SAK!
  • Options
    Reading out loud is a great idea!
  • Options
    Add me, too, please!

• Options
    Section 2 discussion is up now. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"