Cloth Diapering

Very Important!!!!

I need a new phone.  What should I get?

I currently use an iphone 4, so if I upgrade, I need to get new plugs anyway.

Do I go with a new iphone, galaxy, nokia, other?

Help!

Re: Very Important!!!!

• Mh is ordering me a new Phone today. We decided on the iPhone 5s bc I don't like how big the 6 is and am scared to try to learn a new phone.
    You seem a little more savvy than I am though. So that's probably not the option for you.
    Well aren't I insanely helpful? You're welcome.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • I hated my Galaxy phone, and ultimately went back to using my iphone 4.
    My husband loves his iphone 6.  But he's a massive Apple geek lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow, so far I'm not too off trend. Or we are all 80.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • We have a friend that has an extra Nokia Lumia sitting round.  I may try it out for a couple weeks and see how I like the Windows format.

If I don't like it, I may go to AT&T and play with the iphones and see if I like the 6 or 5.

I am seriously considering getting a Surface for my next tablet.  My husband has one and I really like the idea of a tablet, pen, keyboard and the ability to use a docking station all for one product.
  • TJ1979 said:
    Wow, so far I'm not too off trend. Or we are all 80.
    30 is the new 80?  I don't like this trend.
  • Well I hate our surface too. But mh dropped it the first day he got it and cracked the screen. The touch screen doesn't work anymore.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • TJ1979 said:
    Well I hate our surface too. But mh dropped it the first day he got it and cracked the screen. The touch screen doesn't work anymore.
    Well that sucks.  

I really like the recipe application on it.  I can search for recipes and save them for later use.  It also allows me to meal plan and make grocery lists for the items in each recipe.

The only problem is the Surface is my husbands toy, so I don't always have access to it.
  • Iooohhhh, I didn't know that sarenu. How do you do that?
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • I just never trust Windows stuff. It works great for a few months then it starts to slow down and crap out. I've had my MacBook pro for almost 5 years and it works just as well as the day I bought it.
    I want something portable and small.  It will need to be a tablet.  And as much as I love my ipad, it feels like more of a toy.

I agree though, I'm letting my husband test out the Surface first and I'll see how durable it is after a year.
  • TJ1979 said:
    Iooohhhh, I didn't know that sarenu. How do you do that?
    I will take a look tonight and see what it's called.  The only problem is I couldn't get the list to transfer to my iphone in a usable format that I could check off.

I really like using One Note for my grocery lists because I can make a check list and check things off as I add them to my cart.

But I like this function because it allows me to organize the list first for things I'll be cooking.  And it actually lists all of the ingredients for the recipes so that you can go through your fridge and pantry and uncheck the items that you have.
  • I've had a nokia Lumia for a couple years (I've upgraded once). I personally love it and especially like the new Cortana update that they released. I've never had any problems with my phone. The only downside is the limited number of apps available, which has never been a big deal to me.
    image         image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've had a nokia Lumia for a couple years (I've upgraded once). I personally love it and especially like the new Cortana update that they released. I've never had any problems with my phone. The only downside is the limited number of apps available, which has never been a big deal to me.
    My husband was searching through apps to make sure most were available that I used.  This shouldn't be an issue.
  • sarenu1 said:

We have a friend that has an extra Nokia Lumia sitting round.  I may try it out for a couple weeks and see how I like the Windows format.

If I don't like it, I may go to AT&T and play with the iphones and see if I like the 6 or 5.

I am seriously considering getting a Surface for my next tablet.  My husband has one and I really like the idea of a tablet, pen, keyboard and the ability to use a docking station all for one product.
    I have an Asus transformer that I love, much cheaper than a surface and the keyboard dock is a second battery so it runs forever. Mine is an android OS, but I bought the same for my mom last year and now it runs full Windows 8. It's not quite as speedy as a surface but it's fast enough for anything I'd use it for and one third the price.
  • Iphone 6s. NOT the plus (I hate how huge it is)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I actually picked up a Lumia 635 during the Microsoft deals for cheap. I've been Android for a lot of years now, but the battery was crapping out and I'm still under contract, so I grabbed the Lumia to hold me over until I could upgrade or evaluate the options. I'm really liking it and will likely stick with it. The only thing I really miss is the google voice integration, but I'm trying to phase out of relying on google voice anyway. A lot of apps are missing, but no deal breakers. 

I was also very seriously considering a surface pro 3 for my next computer, but ended up with a Dell venue 11 pro instead. The new version has core m, so it's fanless. I got a battery keyboard and dock along with a 128/4 tablet and pen for the same price as just the comparable surface tablet. I use it in all modes (tablet, laptop, desktop) most every day. I'm really enjoying it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I gave up my iPhone for a Galaxy Note 2. Best thing ever. IPhones are just not as good anymore. I love my phone. It is giant, but once you get used to it you never want to go back.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Is it bad that I was looking at what apps you have, rather than how the function worked?
    Absolutely nothing exciting. My phone is basically a glorified texting and bumping machine. Oh and camera.
    Same with mine.  I was more curious how you organized yours.  I've never done it, and if I go with an iphone I'll probably look into separate apps like that.
  • I just want to know what this messenger is, and why you aren't messaging me on it.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Ahhh, eff.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Because it's for Facebook and you refuse to get an account. Get Facebook and I'll msg you all day long.
    What the heck?  I have fb.
  • SmallllminSmallllmin member
    edited January 2015
    I got the regular 6 the day it came out. I went with the smallest one (16g) because I'm cheap thrifty.

Problem is, the camera is much better, so the pictures are larger (and take up more space) than they are on the previous iPhones. I was pissed because I had a newborn and was taking lots of exciting pictures, and I had to back them up and delete them from my phone like, every day.
    Super frustrating. So I sold the stupid thing on eBay, and got $640 for it. Then I bought a 5c (32g) for much less, and kept the difference spent the rest on dipes.
    The end!

(So don't get the tiny one, if you get an iPhone 6).

ETA: clarity.

Dx: Vasa Previa w/DS1
    **Tinymin born 8/14 @35w1d**
    "Annnnnnd you win the award for best SN evar." -LindsRockies

imageimage
  • Late to this party, but if you're thinking of going android, I love and highly recommend my Moto X.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Because it's for Facebook and you refuse to get an account. Get Facebook and I'll msg you all day long.

do you want me to msg you all day long on there?

i do i do! group messenging!

sooo...bumping...

The hell you say?!?!
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
    do you want me to msg you all day long on there?
    Yes.  I thought that was clear.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"