May 2014 Moms

In honor of @kittyriot's new car

Congrats on the new car (and DH finally making a decision)!

Where are the pictures of your new car? Not the ones from the manufacturer's website but of *your car*.

And everyone else, what are you driving? (Gogo pictures! )

(I know not as much fun as wedding dresses but....)

T 2.12 | W 5.14

Re: In honor of @kittyriot's new car

• Too lazy for a pic of mine too. 
    2014 Subaru Outback - favorite part is the heated leather seats.

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • bunannie said:

@Jcrewgirl85‌ I pretty much use the heated seats year round haha. Great for back pain!

Never realized how awesome heated seats are until now. Would never go back, even in Phoenix, Arizona where it normally never goes in the 30s, even in winter.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• @bunannie and @ho11day - they are on ALL the time. It drives me nuts when DH drives my car, turns them off, and they are still off when I go to drive it. Oh, and the fact that seat is moved back like 1200 feet. I am not a giant. WHO DOES THAT?!

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image

• @bunannie and @ho11day - they are on ALL the time. It drives me nuts when DH drives my car, turns them off, and they are still off when I go to drive it. Oh, and the fact that seat is moved back like 1200 feet. I am not a giant. WHO DOES THAT?!

Right? DH complains it makes his back sweat. I just like to be comfortable. Leave my settings alone! I find it funny because my inseam is significantly longer than his (mines 35ish and his is like 28) so why does he always have the seat so far back?

@ho11yday‌ are you for reals?! If so you are now my girl crush!

Seriously and :blush:

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• 2014 kia sorento, don't have any pics of our actual car so this will have to do. We have a mid range because I actually hate leather seats and refused to even look at the next version because it came with them as standard. I love it but I do really miss the remote starter I had on my old focus
  • Too lazy to take a picture andplusalso it's not too exciting. I have a 2014 Chevy Equinox. It's white... Well, it would be if I ever bothered to wash it. It's a company car though, so whatever.
      BabyFruit Ticker image
  • ns1ns1 member
    I am insanely jealous of your volvo wagon @kittyriot‌ - DH has promised me that can be my next car. Meanwhile I'm trying to kill off my '05 Camry and it's just not happening. We also have an '03 Jeep that is DH's 3rd...it's a jeep thing is really a thing.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We used to have a 2013 Dodge Dart but then 2 weeks after DD was born agreed it was horrible getting the dang car seat in and out. So we went and got a 2012 Dodge Journey. So much better with the car seat!
  • apinkpelicanapinkpelican member
    edited January 2015
    @Hbird05‌ We are car twinkies

Edited: even the dimly faces hate me today!

Edited again.... I swear I had 'smiley' faces.
  • I have a 2007 Honda Civic, DH has a 2005 Toyota Corolla. Neither are exciting enough for pictures. We'll need a new car soon because DH's has really high mileage. I love my civic and it's gas mileage but it's not very baby friendly. The stroller takes up almost the whole trunk!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yay for a new car! Enjoy :)

I mainly drive a 2010 Chevy Malibu. We also have a 2013 Chevy Equinox.
  • bunannie said:

I got a 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L in black last summer. Heated seats, DVD player, sun and moon roof, I loooove it!

Obvs not the exact photo but..

Twinsies!!!! Ours is a navy blue, however.
  • But mine is the less cool version. I got it with cloth seats. Wth was I thinking?!
  • I drive a CRV. We are in the process of getting DH a new Subaru Outback---they are a hot commodity here and I've never actually had to wait for a car. Usually, you just go to the lot and pick it out, not the case this time (head desk).

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012
    BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

• Where are all the minivans!? I can't be the only one.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• I used to drive this.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Now I drive a 2013 Ford Edge, traded in the Challenger while pregnant. Heated leather seats, sunroof, sat radio, back-up camera, remote start, and GPS navigation.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • All I know is that they need to mandate wider parking spaces in the parking lot at pediatrician's office for all these SUVs and mini vans. I could hardly shimmy out of my own door let along lug the car seat out of the car!
  • All I know is that they need to mandate wider parking spaces in the parking lot at pediatrician's office for all these SUVs and mini vans. I could hardly shimmy out of my own door let along lug the car seat out of the car!

I agree with this. I drive a Volvo wagon and could never get my infant seat out without smacking my door into the car next to me!
  • My parents bought me a car when I graduated from nursing school. I've always wanted a Chevy Impala and that's just what they got me. It's the best gift I've ever received and I'm very emotionally attached to this car. It's starting to go on the fritz and MH wants to trade it in, but I can't bring myself to let it go.
  • I have a Chevy Cruze. His name is Tom. When we have another LO we'll be looking at SUVs probably. Our other car is on the small side too
  • I drive a Volvo S60. I love it. My last car was an S70 but an older model. I was stoked to 'upgrade' last year. Bought this one used with only 28K on it. 

Nikolas Knight 
    Born: August 8th, 2009   8lbs 8oz  4:33pm

Nolan Lawrence 
    Born: May 21st2014   8lbs 14oz  3:27pm

There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. 
    One is roots; the other, wings."   -Hodding Carter
  • The pic is from over the summer but my Jeep!!

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• @ho11yday you aren't the only one with a mini van.  This isn't my car, but its is the same color.  I have a 2008 Toyota Sienna.  
  • 2014 CRV, used to drive a Civic. I ♡ Honda.
  • It would be fun to see what everyone's first car was. Just to see what you have traded up from
  • Emmagk said:

It would be fun to see what everyone's first car was. Just to see what you have traded up from

My very first was a 2001 Chevy cavalier. Totaled it and got an 02 cavalier. Drove that for 6 years and upgraded to my Jeep.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• I had a 1987 fiat panda, 0.9L engine. It was just like this one but had black steel bars on the grill.
  • 1989 Pontiac 6000LE.  Same color as this one.  something broke on that car every 2 weeks, but I loved it!
  • bunannie said:

1996 Honda Accord LX

I had a white 1992 Honda Accord! Not the same body style as this, it was more boxy. Loved that car and I cried when I totaled it.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Regs, lurkers and newbies we are leaving TheBump. Come join us at the new place
    https://****/board/50/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"