Nurseries and Baby Gear

Gliding ottoman - worth it?

I've found a glider recliner club-like chair I like made by Best (around $700 so not cheap but plan to spend a lot of time in it so wanted something nice looking and very comfortable where my feet can touch the floor -I'm short). Is the matching ottoman that also glides worth it? It's around $200. I was thinking I could just use a different ottoman or pouf if need be that doesn't glide that's much cheaper unless the gliding feature is important.

Thanks in advance!

**Signature Warning**

TTC since July 2013
DX: Unexplained or possibly DOR and DH 2% morph
3 IUIs May-July: all BFN
IVF Sept 2014: 12R 10M 8F, 5 day eSET 9/15, 4 frosties
Beta #1 353, Beta #2 651, EDD June 3

TRUST in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

Re: Gliding ottoman - worth it?

• We have a Best gliding recliner and decided not to get the ottoman. We've had it almost a year, and I don't regret not having one at all. If I want to put my feet up I just recline it. I thought about getting a simple nursing stool but never got around to buying one.
  • I'm short (5'2") and am WAY more comfortable with an ottoman then without, but I don't think it gliding is a must.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • YES times a million.  I LOVE having my feet up and rocking with me.  It's awesome. After 3 kids, I am so glad we spent the money on it. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • I started out with a regular rocking chair.  It was awful.  I found a glider while Pregnant with my third and I enjoyed that a lot more.  I spent hours feeding, rocking etc.  I did not get an ottoman.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • We debated about this for a long time, ended up getting a rocking recliner that we can use for years to come. I LOVE it!! I slept in it for about 2 weeks after my c section and use it every single day now. Both for rocking LO and reclining back for a little nap with her!
    imageimageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have a glider, but chose to buy a pouf for a footstool instead of an ottoman. The pouf looks adorable (that was the plan), but I always wished we had gotten the ottoman. The pouf was shorter than the ottoman would have been, so comfort was a bit of an issue. I don't think the ottoman needs to move, however, think I'd prefer that it didn't.
    Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
  • We have the Ottoman and like pp said it is way more comfortable when I use it then without.
  • I have the ottoman and love it. A non glider ottoman is slightly shorter and wasn't terribly comfortable. I've had a Best set for 4 years now with no regrets. My girls like to sit on the ottoman and rock themselves at times.
  • I say yes. there were days i just needed to have the support bc i was too tired otherwise
    Married DH 5/28/08
    DS Born 4/13/11
    DD Born 3/38/15

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"