April 2014 Moms
Options

Wednesday Chatter

We are somewhere in Arizona! 1300miles or so left to Missouri. We left at 1515 this afternoon hopefully the rest of the drive goes smoothly!

Re: Wednesday Chatter

• Options
    Hope the rest of the trip goes smoothly RDR
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so friggin tired. Where's that little girl on the beach who "nap right here" gif? That's how I feel right now.
  • Options
    So DH and I had a schedule, I do MOTN and he does the morning while I sleep in. However now he's decided he needs to go to the gym every morning, which I understand that he does need to stay in shape because he is full time Army. The problem is that each morning that he's gotten up early this week, as he's leaving the house he closes the house door loudly or is noisy in the garage and a child has woken up. I'm now doing MOTN and early morning and this isn't going to go very well, I need sleep too.
  • Options
    I love when my kid helps me out by making the tough decisions for me, like when to get up in the morning. 5:30 feeding turned wake up when my alarm is for 6:15? Sure. Extra MOTN feeds to make up for refusing all but 2oz at daycare? Fantastic! Minus twenty fucking nine degrees outside? My day is made.
  • Options
    Lo is in a phase where he screams every time he goes down while he's sleeping, last night he slept in the big bed with me just so I could get some sleep but even then he's waking what seems like every 15 minutes and screaming/fussing then going back, we are on day 8 of this :-<
  • Options
    DS was up 6 times last night. Work is going to be fanfuckingtastic today.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options
    Roufi said:

I love when my kid helps me out by making the tough decisions for me, like when to get up in the morning. 5:30 feeding turned wake up when my alarm is for 6:15? Sure. Extra MOTN feeds to make up for refusing all but 2oz at daycare? Fantastic! Minus twenty fucking nine degrees outside? My day is made.

We have the same life! I would take newborn tired back over this tired. Ais also only takes about 2 ounces while at daycare, then wakes up about 6 times a night. And like you said usually wakes up about half hour before my alarm. I then go to work and make life or death decisions for people. Im slowly dyinh. And it's f'ing cold! I hate winter.
  • Options
    The I-40 is frozen so we're all just stuck here sitting on the highway. Glad I brought my pump with me.
  • Options
    My coffee this morning is super weak. Tastes like cream in hot water. Off to make another pot!
  • Options
    Talltrees82Talltrees82 member
    edited January 2015
    embear22 said:

My coffee this morning is super weak. Tastes like cream in hot water. Off to make another pot!

That's theworst. I'm always like, what did I do different? I make the same pot every morning. I've started using ground espresso as my coffee, it's delicious. Apparently guests find it to strong lol .

-----
    My dad always complains that my coffee is too strong. But he also drinks a lot of decaf.
  • Options
    embear22 said:

A few weeks ago there were a few of you guys who were saying that it was like the crib was made of lava and everytime you put LOdown they popped right back up screaming or crying. Well, I'm there. Of course the week I start a job. She's refusing naps and sleeping terribly. Did anyone figure out what was causing it? I'm slightly concerned it may be an ear infection but she has no real symptoms other than tugging on the ear. I just need this baby to nap!!

In December LO was doing this. It turned out to be a combination of teething, bronchiolitis, and an ear infection. It was not fun! I hope it passes soon for you!
  • Options
    Ugh! I can't remember how many times Liam was up last night! He has a cold (and maybe finally teeth?!?) and I think he was having trouble breathing with his pacifier, but would freak out when he didn't have his pacifier. And DH is out of town, so I was up with him every time.

And I think I'm getting my first pp period.

I'm really tempted to run through dunkin for a second time today...
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @Tferr02‌ my husband used to go in the room to kiss him goodbye when he left for work and up the baby will go... It was sweet but no mommy needs her sleep so you can FaceTime him later if you want

February SIggy Challenge: Fav Movie/TV Couple

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    My MIL keeps posting on Facebook when he goes to the doctor and it makes me mad when I tell her Brady's stats and she always makes it bigger become when she see him he is big and doesn't trust the doctors.

Like when he was in 9 m clothing she would tell everybody oh now he is 12 mo big boy.

Then now I told her about his 9m check up I said he is 21. And change almost 22 lbs (I round up) she tells everybody he is 24lbs like come on he is what his is and that's it

It's bothers me but w/eves grandma is gonna do what she wants

February SIggy Challenge: Fav Movie/TV Couple

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    zoopsiedaisyzoopsiedaisy member
    edited January 2015

My MIL keeps posting on Facebook when he goes to the doctor and it makes me mad when I tell her Brady's stats and she always makes it bigger become when she see him he is big and doesn't trust the doctors.

Like when he was in 9 m clothing she would tell everybody oh now he is 12 mo big boy.

Then now I told her about his 9m check up I said he is 21. And change almost 22 lbs (I round up) she tells everybody he is 24lbs like come on he is what his is and that's it

It's bothers me but w/eves grandma is gonna do what she wants

Mine does the same thing. Hazel has been in the 50th percentile at every single doctor's appointment she's ever had. My MIL thinks that she is much bigger than she actually is. She even tells people that I buy the wrong size diapers because she thinks she should be in size 3 when the size 2 still fits and have fit since her six month appointment.

She also thinks she should be in 18 month clothes even though the nine-month clothes are big on her. It blows her mind when she comes over and her onesie is a little big that it's actually the size she supposed to be wearing. Then she gets offended when I say that LO is getting heavy.

I have resigned myself to the same thing but she's going to do what she wants to do and there's no reason to let myself get upset about it.

Edit because paragraphs are my friend
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @Dixon813‌ I wasn't loving your rough night and lack of sleep- Just supporting your decision to get Dunkin again. :-)

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options
    Wtf is going on with parenting?? One of the trailer tire blew out last night. Dh was ahead of me and I couldnt get in touch with him. So there I was, in the dark, just barely off the road with a dog, cat and baby. Roadside assistance got another tire on, dh found us, and we limped it to the hotel. Now dh has it at the shop to see if there is more damage. No idea if we will be stuck here or for how long.
  • Options
    Early morning here too. I often wake her for her last feeding before I leave for work around 7, or she wakes up to eat a bit before that. Today, she woke at 5:45 and decided she was ready to be up. I'm nursing her now, but I'm not even dressed yet, and I need to leave for work in 25 min or so

Photobucket imageimage

• Options
    Oh @hlm184 that sucks! Did it at least happen in a cool town tgat you could explore some?
  • Options
    I can't seem to eat less no matter how hard I try. I just feel famished the next day or eat to much at night. I've decided to try to exercise more if I can't eat less. I'm EBFing and plan to at least until 12 mo. Does the extreme hunger go away once you are down to 1-2 feedings a day? I have a beach trip in 6 weeks and need to do something!

Hugs to the mommies not getting sleep. That was me last week! I feel like a better mommy today after sleeping 9-5.
  • Options
    thomas930thomas930 member
    edited January 2015
    @hlm184‌ Oh that's awful, I am so sorry. If you're stuck for a day, maybe you can rest & regroup a bit? Re: parenting, the tues randoms thread has some of it. Basically the bump gods banned a bunch of mods, changed the tou (they suck) and then banned more people. As is usual, they refuse to communicate with anyone.

^^^ Pretty much this. I can't give details and mods supposed to tell everyone to direct any questions or issues to bumpmay. But don't expect any real answers.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
  • Options
    Be careful what you say @lalamama81 or you'll magically disappear too. Those dirty fucking lurkers are watching.
  • Options
    Vinny424 said:

Soo I'm thinking about chopping my hair. I Always said I'd never do the "mom chop" but I feel like I'm going to start to sing about all good advice I just didn't take. Idk what to dooooo

I cut my hair and I'm not thrilled about it, it's harder to pull up now than when it was super long FWP

the Parenting drama seems to be like SAHM part 2, like Lala said, banned people, new silly rules, chased people off.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Vinny424 said:

Soo I'm thinking about chopping my hair. I Always said I'd never do the "mom chop" but I feel like I'm going to start to sing about all good advice I just didn't take. Idk what to dooooo

How short? I need to at least be able to pull mine back. I did the "mom chop" after DS1 and it was a PITA because I couldn't just throw it up in a ponytail if I didn't have time to do something with it in the morning.

-------

Ditto the PITA advice. I've had really short hair before and it doesn't look right if it's not styled. I cut 5 inches off my hair after LO was born and I regret it, even though I can still pull it back. Right now my styling routine is blowdry, pony, go. And I don't have to wash it everyday.
  • Options
    Do it Vinny! 
  • Options
    It is 2015 why the hell can I still not get high speed Internet??!! An hour and a half trying to fill out stuff online and my computer is lucky it has not been chucked out the window.
  • Options
    Vinny424 said:

Anyone give their baby kefer?

I have no idea what this is. Off to Google I go!
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Options
    If you experience/have experienced a drop in supply around your period, about how long does that last? I just pumped the least I've ever pumped for a first session, and I'm a little nervous about it. So much for my magical membrane replacement

Photobucket imageimage

• Options

If you experience/have experienced a drop in supply around your period, about how long does that last? I just pumped the least I've ever pumped for a first session, and I'm a little nervous about it. So much for my magical membrane replacement
    After DS1 my supply dropped around 5oz/day for just a few days before my first period started. The next cycle my supply was half (or a little less) for about a week and then I found out I was KU.
  • Options
    I don't want to hijack the cable thread, but what are some alternatives to getting sports? Our DirecTV contract is expired and I would prefer to cancel before DH renews. We were fine on Netflix/Amazon/Hulu prior to getting DirecTV except we couldn't get sports. Sports is why we are paying $85/month apparently. What are alternative solutions for watching sports? Mainly football and basketball.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I'm supposed to be planning a bachelorette for my friend, and she refuses to give me a list of addresses for the ladies she wants invited. I'm supposed to contact her mom or message these women I do not know on FB. Every other party I've planned, the bride has given me a list no problem and I've hand-made the invites. This time I might just do a tacky FB event because I'm annoyed. Vent over.
  • Options
    @fireflygirl12‌ My husband just finds shady websites to stream games. He doesn't always find ones with great quality, so that's a hit or miss option. He loved wiziwig, but I think they just got shut down.
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Options
    @fireflygirl12‌ we have an antenna to get local channels. It was like $15 and just looks like a big white sticker on the wall behind our tv. We can watch CBS, NBC, Fox and Abc live with that. We have have ESPN on our roku because we might know someone that still pays for cable and have their login info...
  • Options

A friend's mom just about *pood* a brick when we whipped out penis straws during dinner for her bachelorette party. Apparently highly inappropriate and she confiscated them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"