Colorado Babies
Options

Has anyone delivered with midwives at Denver Health? Looking for NCB- friendly hospitals.

Also considering Littleton Adventist.  Parker Adventist and is my closest hospital, but I get the impression they are not NCB-friendly. 
Anniversary

Re: Has anyone delivered with midwives at Denver Health? Looking for NCB- friendly hospitals.

• Options
    I would avoid Denver Health unless you need to deliver there bc of insurance.  They don't do the 1 hour of skin to skin unless you push them on it, they don't do contact in the OR for C-sections, they bathe baby really quickly after birth, etc.  As for NCB not sure on that as much but as for other baby friendly things, they suck at it.

I've heard really good things about Littleton and Parker though.

• Options
    Just took my tour on Saturday, and I got a lot of clarification. Sorry, I guess I am answering my own thread. Baths aren't required even before leaving the hospital. Delayed cord clamping as default. They support natural labor, and most people don't need continuous monitoring there, just intermittent. They were really open to me refusing vaginal exams. The labor tubs are HUGE. So much bigger than University.  

No contact for c-sections, just right to Dad, but do I really want to change to a hospital that does a better job at c-sections, and has a higher c-section rate? DH has the lowest in the country, according to their tour. 
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Their tour will only pain the happiest picture to get you to deliver there.  I would talk to mom's who have first hand experience there.

• Options
    @nofrogs I've heard amazing things about Denver Health including from a local doula
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"