One & Done: Only child
Options

Do You Feel Guilty When Sending LO to School on Your Days Off?

MLK day is slowly approaching and I must admit, I'm excited to send DS to school and take the entire day to do nothing. Well...not nothing- get a manicure, take a nap, watch back to back episodes of SATC. Ahhh. am I horrible?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Do You Feel Guilty When Sending LO to School on Your Days Off?

• Options
    Nope, not horrible.  You need time for yourself too.  I think it makes us better parents when we get some time to recharge.  :)

• Options
    Nope!  DS goes to after care at school and yesterday I went home after work to get a workout in then decided to watch an episode of Parenthood before picking him up.  When I got there he asked why I was so late (about 30 minutes later than usual) to which I replied, "I had to get some work finished up before I could come get you!"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Lol- no.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    We feel guilty keeping him home. He's so social and it's the only time he sees other kids.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    AgoAgo member
    Hell no!  I have MLKJ day off as well and you bet she is going to daycare!  Besides, all these days on/days off during the holidays wrecked havoc on her schedule, so use the excuse that you need to keep him on his schedule, if you really need it.
    University of Kansas alum Geoff Folker applies food coloring to his snow sculpture at his home on Park Street in Olathe, Kan., on Sunday, March 24, 2013.  A storm that dumped up to 15 inches of snow on parts of Colorado and Kansas is making its way east, with winter storm warnings and advisories issued for today and tomorrow as far east as Pennsylvania. (AP Photo/The Kansas City Star, John Sleezer)

January OAD Siggy Challenge: Creative Snow Sculptures

• Options
    Never feel guilty about doing that.  My daycare is closed on all the same days that my work is but I'll take a day off occaisionally and send her to daycare so that I can have some me time.  I very rarely get time alone at home so those days are my favorite.  Plus DD is going to have way more fun at daycare then she will at home with me.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Options
    No, I need a break every now and then. Our daycare closes for every holiday plus the full two weeks at Christmas so we seldom just get free days where I'm off but daycare is open. I have to manufacture them!

• Options
    Don't feel guilty!! Mama needs a break! He'll be fine, he won't be any the wiser and YOU will feel more relaxed and happy. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • Options
    Not at all. We put DS in daycare a few days over the holiday break. Some days, we got things done around the house. We took a day and went to lunch. We are going to have a date day on MLK as well. Our thought is thy we have two date nights a year. We do day dates when we can.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"