Chit Chat
Options

Craftsy Classes ?

Has anyone taken any of them? There are several about understanding and using sergers. I'm considering purchasing a class to help me use my serger to its fullest potential. I figured I would check here to see if anyone has done them before.

Re: Craftsy Classes ?

• Options
    I purchased the Beginner Serging class:

https://www.craftsy.com/class/beginner-serging-machine-basics-and-techniques/123

I haven't finished it yet, but I recommend it.  I'm still in Lesson 3 where you practice all of the stitches and make a stitch example book with all your settings (awesome idea).  I just haven't made the time to finish it. 

The teacher is easy to understand, gives good tips.  I like how she shows 4 different brands of sergers, explains their differences, and refers back to each one when going over the stitches (like: "this is how you would do this on the Brother...").  You supposedly can ask questions in the chat room that loads when you watch the video, but I have not tried out that feature.  You can see past questions that have been asked & answered and I've read those, which is nice.

I've used my serger for the past year and I still have learned from the class.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That's the class I was looking at, glad to know it has useful information.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How much does that class cost? I got a serger for Christmas and could use some instruction.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It's $40, the nice thing is that you have access forever.
  • Options
    If you haven't already bought it, I'd wait til it goes on sale.  It seems like once a month or so they do a 50% off sale.  I bought that class for $24.99.  Join the site and you'll start receiving e-mails when they have deals.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"