Trouble TTC
Options

AW - Seriously? Another month on the bench...

I know we all feel this way, probably pretty often when dealing with IF, but seriously, FML!

So, AF finally showed up yesterday, and I went in for my baseline ultrasound and bloodwork today (office is closed this weekend so didn't wait until CD3).  Turns out that sometime after my last cycle was cancelled due to no response to the clomid, I actually ovulated while taking the provera.  But, instead of a surprise BFP to show for that wonderful ovulation I have 4cm (that's right, so big they measured it in cm) cyst on my left ovary.  Seriously?? 

I am so incredibly discouraged.  All I want is a shot, really, I would take just knowing we had a chance for once instead of all this nonesense.  It has been 7 months since I started this journey and I have yet to make it through an actual medicated cycle.  I hate to even type out things like this, but all I feel right now is completely hopeless - like all of this is one sign after another that I should just give up.  I know I just need time to absorb this latest disappointment and pick myself back up, but I'm just so beaten down at the moment.

So yeah, that's what up with me apparently...waiting for the call once the bloodwork is reviewed to find out exactly what the plan will be in terms of going on BCP or what.  Going back on the pill is pretty much the last thing I want to do, I only came off it post-surgery 5 weeks ago, and I hate to keep yo-yoing on it off it, but I realize I need to do what's best for my health.

Sorry for the AW whining, thanks for listening.

Me: 31 (PCOS) possible right tube issues DH: 36 (SA normal) 
Started dating in 2006, Married 2012 
TTC since November 2013 
First RE visit due to irregular periods: June 2014
Lap/Hysto to remove polyps, cyst and tube blockage 11/6
Cycle 1 (Dec. 2014) TI with Clomid, Trigger, & Progesterone CX due to no response
Impatiently Waiting CD1 to try again with Fermara Back on the bench due to giant cyst,
who know I'd ovulate on my own after a cancelled cycle and end up with a mega cyst :(
All Welcome

Re: AW - Seriously? Another month on the bench...

• Options
    Someone has a picture in their siggy, and your post reminded me of it.  "If you're going through hell, keep going".  Don't give up - it is hard now, and it feels hopeless, but there is always hope.  I will cross everything that your next cycle goes your way.  
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for the bad news :(. I can absolutely see why you're frustrated, but don't give up. I hope there's something they can do to shrink the cyst quickly and get you off of the bench!

Me: 27 DH: 35

TTC #1 Since July 2013

Started RE Testing July 2014

2 HSG tests: Right tube is blocked, possible endo.

TSH elevated, started Synthroid 25 mg daily.

October, 2014: Femara 5 mg + TI ---> 3 follies on blocked tube side ---> BFN

November, 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI#1--2 follies (on the good side), 46 mil. motile sperm=BFN

Nov-Dec 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI #2 (1 follie, 76 mil. motile sperm) + Endometrin=BFN

January, 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI #3 (1 follie, 38 mil. motile sperm)=???

New RE appt. scheduled for 1/14.

3T January Siggy Challenge: New Years Resolutions

Mine: Lose the weight I put on from booze and cookies over Christmas.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for the suppose and encouragement, as usual!

Got the official call from my REs office, and it's 3 weeks on the pill for me.  They say they won't do anything else to try to get rid of the cyst, just wait it out, so I have to be on BCP to avoid any new ones growing.  I won't like, I am tempted to say f it and not take them, but I know from all of you ladies not to mess with my reproductive health.

@rainbowbridge14 unfortunately mine is so large it's blocking the entire ovary so they won't continue because they can't visualize the ovary enough to monitor.  I'm sure that's one reason of many, but that's what they say.

Of course, this wonderfully large cyst that was miraculously not bothering me at all, is now incredibly painful because they were poking at it with the probe.

TTC since November 2013 
    Cycle 1 (Dec. 2014) TI with Clomid, Trigger, & Progesterone CX due to no response
    Impatiently Waiting CD1 to try again with Fermara Back on the bench due to giant cyst,
    who know I'd ovulate on my own after a cancelled cycle and end up with a mega cyst :(
    All Welcome

• Options

So sorry that you have a cyst and are on the bench! Hopefully it clears up quickly and you can get off the bench for your next cycle!

• Options
    I'm so sorry! I hope it goes away quickly. We have to work so hard to keep our emotions in check through this process, which makes it that much harder to deal with when something unexpected throws a wrench in the process as we have come to accept it. :(
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Options
    What a fucking disappointment, I am sorry to hear about this setback. You deserve to treat yourself to 21 days of special treats to help knock off all the calendar days until next CD1.  Hang in there...
  • Options
    Well crap. I'm so sorry about the cyst. Fingers crossed that bitch goes away quickly and stops hurting!
  • Options
    So sorry to hear that! After those pills I hope things turn around for you and you can make it through a medicated cycle. Keep pushing.... You are only give what you can handle. So clearly we are all pretty tough women!
    TTC since September 2013.
    History:
    -anovulatory from 2/2014-8/2014. Used provera prescribed by GYN to induce bleeding.
    -9/2014- 1st appointment with REI
    -9/2014-11/2014-two cycles of Femara, one unmedicated cycle. Femara stopped due to side effects.
    -12/2014-clomid & ovidrel= BFN
    -1/2015- started cycle #2 of clomid (50 mg), went for mid cycle scan twice and follicles were not responding as hoped. Started on mid cycle climbed 100mg for 5 more days.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry (((hugs)))
    Love 2010 | Marriage 2011 | TTC #1 since 2012
    PCOS | Anovulatory | Metformin + Letrozole
  • Options
    I am so sorry. That is beyond sucky. Especially since you feel like you haven't really ben given a shot. I hope the stupid monster cyst goes away quickly. Big hugs!
    ****SIGGY WARNING****

TTC since May 2013

Me: 31, blocked tube
    DH: 35, azoospermia :(
    IUI #1 (50 mg Clomid, Ovidrel) on 9/7/2014: BFN
    IUI #2 (100 mg Clomid, Ovidrel) on 10/3/2014:
    BFN
    IUI #3 (100 mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Estradiol) on 11/1/2014: BFN
    First RE appt. on 11/11/2014
    November 2014: Benched due to cyst :(
    IUI #4 (5 mg Letrozole, Follistim, Ovidrel, Crinone) on 12/26/2014: BFP!!!
    Beta 1 (1/9/2015): 292     Beta 2 (1/12/2015): 843

• Options
    I'm so sorry ... and angry on your behalf. How frustrating!! I agree with @BlueFairy5 that this is not something to be construed as a sign. It's just a shitty roadblock. Just remember that it is temporary and like others said, you should treat yourself well every single day until you get to leave the bench. Whether that means wine, massages or a movie night with hubby. (((Hugs)))
    **Formerly EastBayBride508**

Me 34   Him 33

Me - Left salpingo-oophorectomy at 19 due to large cyst/torsion  and 2 large uterine fibroids found at age 30
    Him - Borderline low sperm count (correcting through Fertility Blend supplement)

Married 8/20/2011
    TTC #1 since Jan 2013
    First appointment with RE 10/2013.  
    April 2014 - Clomid 100mg CD3-7.  HCG shot CD10 IUI #1 done on 4/12/14 (CD12) ....BFN
    May 2014 - Break cycle to repeat saline sonogram and re-group.  Travel to Kauai 5/7-5/12 (Yay!!)
    June 2014 - Clomid 150mg CD4-8.  HCG shot CD14.  IUI#2 done on 6/9 and 6/10 (CD15-16) w/ Prometrium suppositories during TWW .... BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 150mg CD3-7.  Ultrasound CD12 - 4 mature follies! HCG trigger shot CD12 AM.  IUI#3 on CD13 w/ Prometrium suppositories during TWW ....BFN
    July 2014 - Repeat ultrasound done to measure size of fibroid - 8x9cm (the size of a grapefruit!) Surgery referral made.
    August 2014 - MRI done which revealed 2 fibroids: a 13x15cm fibroid as well as an 8x7cm one.  Super freak out mode over surgery plan.  OB-GYN/surgeon said surgery would most likely have to be a laparotomy (open abdominal surgery)
    August 2014 - After a 2nd opinion, plan to take Lupron x 2 months to shrink fibroids then laparoscopic/robotic myomectomy.  Surgery date is set for Nov 21st!  
    November 2014 - Robotic myomectomy done (2 large fibroids removed, mild endo found).  Benched x 3 months

PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Options
    So sorry. IF sucks sometimes, who am I kidding. IF always sucks!!
    Married: 12/15/2012    TTC: 08/2014
    Husband: 26 SA: normal
    Me: 23 Low AMH and damaged ovaries due to chemotherapy.
    No AF or O in 3 years. HSG showed a slight T shaped uterus.

High Risk OB 9/29- got the ok to get pregnant.
    RE Appt:  10/28/ U/S showed follicles, but also small damaged ovaries.
    B/W results CD0: all normal except low AMH at 1.3
    Cycle 1-November (TI)- Femera 2.5mg, 2mg Estradoil, and Trigger=BFN
    Cycle 2-December (TI)- Femera 2.5 mg ,4mg Estradoil, and Trigger= No O
    Cycle 3-January (TI)- Femera 5 mg, 2mg Estra
    doil, and Trigger=

• Options
    Yuck, yuck, yuck. :(. I'm so sorry.
    Me (33), PCOS. Bloodwork normal, AMH slightly high, HSG clear 
    DH (40) SA good 
    Trying since 1/2012, RE 6/2014 
    Letrozole & TI June 2014-September 2014 -BFN
    October 2014 - IUI #1, lertozole - BFN
    November 2014 - IUI cancelled due to holiday, TI & Lertozole - BFN
    December 2014 - TI 
    January 2015 - IUI #2 - ?

• Options

Thanks again for all the love ladies.  It really means a lot to know there are people out there who understand.  I'm trying my best to embrace this whole - drink all the wine I want for the next few weeks mentality. 

The only thing I'm a little uneasy about it having to wait at least three whole weeks before I know if the cyst has shrunk at all.  For those of you who've had cysts, did you get more regular checks to see if they were shrinking?  I'd just hate to be blindsighted again in a few more weeks thinking I'm ready to start cycling again only to find out the cyst hasn't shrunk at all.  I'm thinking of calling and asking for a sort of cyst monitoring appointment...

TTC since November 2013 
    All Welcome

• Options
    I know I'm late but I am so sorry to hear this. Hugs to you. 
    Me: 25 Dh: 25 Married since July, 2011
    Diagnosed with PCOS 2010
    TTC since December, 2011 (SA is Normal)
    2012-tried natural w/Metformin 1500 mg
    11/12 -Saw an OB, bloodwork revealed everything normal except for highish blood sugar levels
    1/13: Clomid 50 mg - No response
    2/13: Clomid 100 mg O'd BFN
    3/13: Clomid 100 MG O'd BFN
    4/13-6/13: Clomid 150/200 mg O'd BFN 
    Stopped treatment because of money issues and began to try naturally again from June-October 2013
    Benched until November 2014 - Started seeing RE, discovered that lining was very thin
    November 2014: Started Femera 5 mg -No response BFN >:(
    December 2014: Upping Femera, injectables are the next step if I respond 
    Also: Changed RE, first appointment on Friday, so treatment is subject to change this month

3T December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Holiday movie scene
    The Christmas Story

• Options
    So sorry :( This whole waiting thing sucks.... that seems like the worst part ever!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"