One & Done: Only child
Options

Valentine's Day

Does anyone do anything special with LO on Valentine's Day? Or does Grandma watch the baby while the parents have a romantic evening? I'm asking because my SO will be out of town for work and I want to do something nice with my DS. Any suggestions?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Valentine's Day

• Options
    You could do a day "date"-- take him to breakfast, then go to an indoor play space.  My DD loves those bouncy house places.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    You could do a day "date"-- take him to breakfast, then go to an indoor play space.  My DD loves those bouncy house places.
    I love this idea.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD was a baby last year so we didn't do anything with her.  We might just have a fun family day this year because DH and I typically do our valentine's date the weekend before or after.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Options
    DD has a build and grow at Lowes on V-day (what the heck kind of planning was this, Lowes?!?) so she'll do that with my husband.  We never ever go out that day, I think it's insanely busy, hectic and crowded and I think many places jack their prices up with some special menu that day.  We will probably order in (maybe pizza?) and the 3 of us just spend the night together. Maybe watch a movie or play board games?
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Options
    We don't do anything. DS gets cards from grandparents. I was thinking maybe this year, now that he's older, of doing some sort of "love" themed activity. That's about as far as my thinking has gone, though. :))
  • Options
    I make sure to do something special with DS. We've done this since his Dad passed in early Feb in 2011 and I just wanted to make it through the first holiday without him.

Two years ago I made dinner with him at home. We made heart shaped gluten free pizzas and some gluten free dessert that he chose.

Last year we went to Starbucks where he got a hot chocolate and I had coffee. Then we went to see a movie. He loves the special one on one time and I do too.

I'm not sure what we will do this year. Still thinking of ideas.

SO and I don't celebrate Valentine's Day. We get cards for one another and that's it. We will use it as an excuse to go out to a nice dinner as a family sometime in Feb though.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    We haven't done anything yet. DS is 3.5.

I'm curious to see whether his preschool does anything but I probably won't know until the February newsletter in a few weeks.

DH basically works 9am-11pm on Saturdays (2 jobs) so there won't be any plans there. It's always a really minor thing for us anyway though. We'll take advantage of a special menu if it's something really appealing, but no cards or gifts or anything.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Um, yeah...I'm gonna be at the movies seeing *cough* "shmifty shmades of shmey" with my best gal pals. 

I know, lame! But I was told there would be champagne in a backpack and good pizza right before. 

I'll do something nice for my husband on Sunday. Sometimes Mama just needs to do something for herself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"