Cloth Diapering

Oh yeah, coffee

We had a two hour delay at work today, so we took our time getting ready this morning. I had boring rainforest blend k-cup, but at least I drank it hot.

Ooh, but this weekend I had decaf at a friend's house, and it was so good! Just Wal-Mart brand ground coffee made in a regular coffee maker. I'm starting to rethink our keurig...
                      PitaPata Dog tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Oh yeah, coffee

• I hate to say it Rugby, but I really do think that drip coffee tastes better than keurig coffee.  It's just a fact.  But for the convenience factor, k cups win out for me.  Now I enjoy breakfast cafe coffee all that much more.

I have a colombian coffee today.  I needed it.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a rainforest blend this morning too. Keurig is soooo nice. I really should just do the brew your own grounds.

We grind our own sometimes, but it's not really any better because of the way the water goes through it so quickly with no steep time. If you grind your own, you might as well do French Press (or drip)
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• I think Kuerigs make horrible coffee. But they are convenient.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @missmimsyy‌ I had a percolator for awhile. There was stuff I liked about it but eventually I felt like there was kind of a metallic taste, and the coffee was kind of gritty.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I forgot to take a pic, but I made MSPI safe hot chocolate with almond milk and hazelnut syrup in a Starbucks "city" mug from the Netherlands. My stomach needed a break from coffee after a failed decaf vanilla syrup almond milk misto attempt here at home yesterday LOL.
  • I had caribou dark roast with stevia and coconut milk. I totally plan to try maple syrup tomorrow.

image imageimageimage

• It's my usual cappucino in my plain white mug. It's helping me wash down the graham cracker Cade just "shared" (aka shoved in my mouth whole) with me.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Keurigs are terrible, just terrible. I've never tried a percolator! We used to do French press, but boy was that gritty! There is nothing better than drip, in my opinion. We have a 12-cup Mr. Coffee and I'm ashamed to say we usually fill it all the way up and drink coffee while getting ready in the morning, and then also in the car on the drive to work. 

We've become completely spoiled for good coffee, we used to be exclusively Peet's but I got a fancy local roastery subscription for Christmas, and when we're out of that we pick up Philz beans at Whole Foods to tide us over. Now we're coffee snobs. I can't stand the free coffee machine at the office, or the creamer cups! Bleh.

• KLXVI said:

I got a grande mocha with my free Starbucks reward this morning. It's a great start to the week!

You need to get the flat white next time
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• For those who think french press is gritty...are the grounds the correct size? And if they are, you can pour the coffee through a paper filter for the grits. That'll also filter out the cholesterol (which the press doesn't)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Mandmeesh said:

KLXVI said:

I got a grande mocha with my free Starbucks reward this morning. It's a great start to the week!

You need to get the flat white next time
    I tried it last week. It was tasty, but I wouldn't pay the extra money for it over a latte. And I like to splurge on a large, sweet drink with my reward since I normally drink lattes and americanos with no sugar or flavorings.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I like the flat whites. I know it's just a pretentious latte, but it's a tasty pretentious latte.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm sticking to my no coffee while pregnant rule. Can I just say I really really really really miss it?
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Guennie said:

I'm sticking to my no coffee while pregnant rule. Can I just say I really really really really miss it?

My T&P for you, and I'm not being sarcastic. I can't see siggys, but I've gathered you are high risk so cutting out anything questionable for your baby's health and your peace of mind will be so worth it in 9 months! I know it's not even close, but I really miss getting any type of espresso drink at Starbucks b/c of my MSPI girl.
  • Guennie said:

I'm sticking to my no coffee while pregnant rule. Can I just say I really really really really miss it?

I'm telling you - try the Swiss water processed decaf by black coffee roasting company! It has saved my life!
    image         image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's totally ok to moderately consume coffee while pregnant (for most women). I am a decaf lover, though.

I always ground my french press coffee coarse but still found it gritty.

I love the aero press because even though it uses a paper filter it is so clean!
  • And I like cold brew, but for hot coffee it never worked well for us.

I have some crio bru coming, which is roasted cocoa beans. I'm interested to see what that's like.
  • @Guennie YGPM.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • @TJ1979‌ back at ya! :)
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Guennie said:

My T&P for you, and I'm not being sarcastic. I can't see siggys, but I've gathered you are high risk so cutting out anything questionable for your baby's health and your peace of mind will be so worth it in 9 months! I know it's not even close, but I really miss getting any type of espresso drink at Starbucks b/c of my MSPI girl.
    Thank you so much! I've had enough first tri losses I'm just not willing to risk it. I just can't.
  • Guennie said:

@TJ1979‌ back at ya! :)

And again.

beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • TJ1979 said:

Guennie said:

And again.

One more time. (Should we get a room?) ;)
  • I got DH a keurig for Christmas because he has one at work and loves it. I'm not super impressed with it so far. Some of the coffees we have aren't even compatible with the machine and you can only get hot water in 4 or 6 ounces. Annoying. Buttttt I did get a package of these chai latte k cups to try (that is my fav Starbucks drink but they are like $5) and they are actually really yummy!

• km_md said:

I got DH a keurig for Christmas because he has one at work and loves it. I'm not super impressed with it so far. Some of the coffees we have aren't even compatible with the machine and you can only get hot water in 4 or 6 ounces. Annoying. Buttttt I did get a package of these chai latte k cups to try (that is my fav Starbucks drink but they are like $5) and they are actually really yummy!

Our local grocery store sells the Tazo Chai Tea Latte mix (just add milk) in the coffee aisle for about $4/carton. It was pretty yummy and definitely a good deal.
  • Guennie said:

TJ1979 said:

Guennie said:

And again.

One more time. (Should we get a room?) ;)
    I sent another. ;)
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • RrrrrachelRrrrrachel member
    edited January 2015
    If you've never made homemade chai it's a fun little project. Not hard.
  • Dyac for chai
  • OMG I was so confused.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Guennie said:

-snip-

Thank you so much! I've had enough first tri losses I'm just not willing to risk it. I just can't.

Creepy internet hugs to you...

• If you've never made homemade chai it's a fun little project. Not hard.

Preferred recipe? TIA.
  • I mix my recipe up depending on what I have. There are sooo many out there. I usually simmer star anise, cinnamon stick, cardamom pod, all spice, a couple pepper corns any color, and sliced ginger for a few minutes, then add like a teaspoon of two of loose tea and let it steep for a few minutes (covered off the heat) then strain and add honey and milk/half and half/whatever. Lately I haven't been adding any dairy or fairy substitute.

Chai tea bags aren't half bad either.
  • edited January 2015

I mix my recipe up depending on what I have. There are sooo many out there. I usually simmer star anise, cinnamon stick, cardamom pod, all spice, a couple pepper corns any color, and sliced ginger for a few minutes, then add like a teaspoon of two of loose tea and let it steep for a few minutes (covered off the heat) then strain and add honey and milk/half and half/whatever. Lately I haven't been adding any dairy or fairy substitute.

I have none of those ingredients on hand so I will probably never make it LOL. Thank God I have "chair" tea bags and that in coconut milk will be my morning drink :)

ETA fairy substitute? Like a pixie?
  • Sorry I have a horrible ear infection (I think) and I'm a little out of it. And even at my best I'm not a careful proof reader.
  • D'oh, now I feel bad for being sarcastic, @Rrrrrachel‌. Hope you feel better soon!
  • I mix my recipe up depending on what I have. There are sooo many out there. I usually simmer star anise, cinnamon stick, cardamom pod, all spice, a couple pepper corns any color, and sliced ginger for a few minutes, then add like a teaspoon of two of loose tea and let it steep for a few minutes (covered off the heat) then strain and add honey and milk/half and half/whatever. Lately I haven't been adding any dairy or fairy substitute.

Thanks for this! I don't have most of this on hand but I like the idea of making my own because I love chai tea.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"