August 2015 Moms
Options

Personal Gender Reveal

2»

Re: Personal Gender Reveal

• Options
    Karlamo said:
    We were team green for our first and will be again for this one.  I agree that being team green meant we got gifts that we could use instead of a ton of clothes.  The clothes are cute but when I was in the newborn haze and I couldn't remember the last time I brushed my teeth, it didn't matter to me what he was wearing.  They also grow out of the clothes so quickly it's such a waste.  I have a bin of newborn clothes that he either wore once or not at all. 
    EXACTLY,  DD I was team green, got lots of basics.  Plus if this is your first you'll still want neutral stroller, carriers, etc so you can use on another child.

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am really excited about the prospect of going Team Green now. If I can't convince DH, then maybe I will do a baby shower reveal. That way, we still find out ahead of time while hopefully getting more practical gifts. 

BTW, you know you're pregnant when you read stories about people finding out the sex after labor and you start crying.
    Aug '15 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Mean Girl from Film/TV: Lucille Bluth from Arrested Development

Married 3/31/2012
    Me: 29 DH: 30
    BFP #1 5.09.2014
    Natural MC 07.09.2014
    BFP #2 12.15.2014
    Stay With Me Precious Sticky Bean! I Love You!
                       BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not going team green, I'm just excited to know as soon as I'm able to. We will still get gender neutral stuff so that it can be reused. I haven't decided if we will do a fun reveal or just find out at the ultra sound.
  • Options
    karnelac said:

I can't handle being Team Green, but I like the surprise to be more special and not just in the u/s room.  Plus, DH can rarely make it to an u/s.

With our 2nd, we did a fun Gender Reveal (realizing that "sex" is the right word, but "sex reveal" sounds weird IMO).  That's here, and you could do a variation since it obviously won't be Christmas:

And I shot this for another photographer friend: https://alex-christine.com/?s=gender  Icecream is always fun.

We are struggling with what to do with this one.  @fogleer Leah is a friend and we must have been on July2011 BMB too.  We are thinking a variation of that with berries.
    I love the ice cream one! I can't believe I never thought of that. Great pictures :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    # 1
    BFP: 9/17/2013, EDD: 6/1/2014
    Welcome to the World, Brielle Lorraine: 5/23/2014 @ 2:01pm, 6lbs 6oz, 19.75in
    # 2
    BFP: 12/12/2014, EDD: 8/25/2015
  • Options
    @quietdownfish, I just LOL'd at your sweet husband and, "I don't want to spoil this moment, but..."   Only my mom and my MIL were in the hospital waiting, and he got to tell them, too. It makes me tear up just thinking about it -- while Mom and MIL were oohing and ahhing, "hi, baby...hi" he finally whispered, "it's a girl." More sobbing ensued.

FTR: I'm DYING to know this time, but am honoring the H's wishes on this. He did for me, last time. EVERY "reveal" is amazing and special, whether it's on scan day, birth day, or anytime in between.
  • Options
    I loved being Team Green with my first, too. There is just nothing like that moment in the delivery room when your husband gets to announce it to the room. Pure unbridled exuberance!

We'll be Team Green again this time around. As much as I always want to know the sex throughout the pregnancy, I never want to find out if that makes sense.

So, all will be revealed around the end of August when he/she arrives!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm still on the fence.  This is #3, our "tie breaker".  When our appt comes i think i'll have them put it in a envelope just incase.   Only 12 week to think about it now.

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    I had conceded to DH a week after we found out I was pregnant to finding out the sex, after reading through this thread I started thinking about how I really wanted that surprise. I was able to use some of the info/thoughts you ladies provided to bring DH back to team green!! Thank you!

Marissa and Michael 0626 

• Options
    I bought these for my sister in laws party. I bought a girl set and a boy set because we did the party the same night as her dr apt. (I was able to return the unused set)

Personally, we found out at the dr appt and invited out parents to come along. They loved being able to see the sonogram in person- it was a really special moment.
  • Options
    aRBe said:
    I'm still on the fence.  This is #3, our "tie breaker".  When our appt comes i think i'll have them put it in a envelope just incase.   Only 12 week to think about it now.
    I think if we had gotten to a 'tie breaker' situation, we'd be team green this go around.  But my husband is going to need some serious time to process if we're having a third girl.  He said he can't handle more than three girls, so if it is in fact a girl, we're probably done with kids.  That is a lot to take in!

With DD#2 we had the sex sealed in an envelope by the tech.  I dropped it off with a friend who bakes cakes.  We then had a gender reveal party and cut the cake and all that. 

https://thedomesticwannabe.blogspot.com/2012/09/our-gender-reveal-party.html

I loved that so much more than finding out in the exam room.  But DH was definitely a little crushed finding out it wasn't a boy, and doesn't want to do that again in front of people.

We haven't decided what route we'll go this time.  But we won't find out in front of anyone, including an ultrasound tech.
  • Options
    Unfortunately being team green might encourage people to buy you a lot of green and yellow cute clothing. Not that it is bad, but just bc you are green means people will buy exactly what you need. They still have the freedom to buy what they want.

We knew we were having a girl and still got everything we needed and them some. And I didn't have a ton of gender neutral clothing on top of it. Not knocking going green, but I felt the need to defend those of us who don't :)

This time around we will find out again bc I am impatient. I'm going to ask the tech to put the sex in an envelope and then bring it to a party store to have them fill a box with pink or blue balloons for dd to open.
  • Options
    For our first baby we had my Sister come along and the tech told her what the baby was after we left the room. She only told my parents and my inlaws. They kept it a secret until our baby shower! She sent out the invitations as late as possible and made sure to note several times it was as surprise. When we cut into our cake it was filled with pink icing. It was truly so special to find out that great news with our friends and family as opposed to in a doctor's office! I'll cherish the memory forever! Of course that is dependent on your friends and family staying tight lipped! Good luck!
  • Options
    melsner said:

I feel like I've just seen the light, lol! I really may consider the green thing now. I didn't think about hand me downs. H has tons of cousins with babies nearby, and they are always trading clothes. I also want more than one child, so gender neutral items are probably important. 

Thank you @Aiming4Telos for the book suggestion. I saw it on Amazon the other day and passed it over. I'll definitely get it now.

Now seriously, I have got to figure out how to bring this up to H. I have a feeling he will think I'm stupid.
    OP before you buy the baby bargain book, google 'Lucie's List registry'
    Free and informative :)

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
    PgAL

• Options
    ajetter said:

aRBe said:

I think if we had gotten to a 'tie breaker' situation, we'd be team green this go around.  But my husband is going to need some serious time to process if we're having a third girl.  He said he can't handle more than three girls, so if it is in fact a girl, we're probably done with kids.  That is a lot to take in!

With DD#2 we had the sex sealed in an envelope by the tech.  I dropped it off with a friend who bakes cakes.  We then had a gender reveal party and cut the cake and all that. 

https://thedomesticwannabe.blogspot.com/2012/09/our-gender-reveal-party.html

I loved that so much more than finding out in the exam room.  But DH was definitely a little crushed finding out it wasn't a boy, and doesn't want to do that again in front of people.

We haven't decided what route we'll go this time.  But we won't find out in front of anyone, including an ultrasound tech.

This is exactly my situation! We go for our first ultrasound next week at 10w4d, and will decide then if we will find out gender or go green this time at our 20 week scan. H has said that he is definitely done if we have another girl, as he isn't sure he can handle giving three of them away some day
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I saw one where the woman had her doctor put the gender in an envelope, then she went to a clothing store and bought one boy outfit and one girl outfit. When she got to the register, she asked the cashier to read the envelope and put the appropriate outfit in a clothing box for her while she waited outside. She opened it with her husband that night at dinner. It was very sweet
  • Options
    @runningmommy519‌ I didn't think about telling DD! While we won't go a gender reveal thing at a party or whatnot, I'm loving the idea and telling DD with a cupcake or something. Thanks for the suggestion!

Last time, DH and I found out at the NT scan. We asked and the tech was 99% sure but told us not to hang our hat on that until the A/S. We told no one until it was confirmed. I'm actually hoping our tech this time can tell us again that early. I love knowing early. And it's special enough for us. :)

image    image

Harper Grace 08.31.12                        Sibling Expected 08.30.15

Aug 2015 - January Siggy Challenge - Fav mean girl from TV/Film

Ellie from CougarTown

• Options
    I have watched a ton of YouTube videos of gender reveals and there are so many awesome ideas. Personally I have to know what the gender of the baby is. I would stress so much if I didn't know but that's just me. As for going green I'm sure DH would have no problem with it. As for gifts from people at a shower I would let people know what I want. Like the more practical stuff and they wouldn't have a problem with it.

P.S. if you watch the gender reveals on YouTube be prepared to cry your eyes out. :)
  • Options
    Since this is baby #3, we have most of what we need (if its a boy we will need some clothes, but I love shopping so that won't be a problem haha). DH and I decided to do a combined gender reveal party/baby shower! We're going to have the tech seal the results in an envelope to give to the baker who will make the cake for us (but pie sounds much more delicious so the cake will be for show and pie will be for eats!) And we will be finding out along with all of our friends and family!!
  • Options
    I also am looking for ideas. I have no desire to be Team Green. I have different nursery ideas based on gender and I want the nursery done before babies arrival. We're also providing the first grand baby and great grand baby for my side of the family. They want to be able to buy practical stuff and cute stuff and I have no problem with that. We are keeping the name a secret until delivery though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"