April 2014 Moms
Options

Sunday Fun Day Chatterbox

didn't see one, semester starts tomorrow and I'm dreading it. I haven't had a class in the morning since my first year in college.

Go!

Re: Sunday Fun Day Chatterbox

• Options

Best of luck with your semester @deidremaria‌! Stay positive...it will go fast, look at how fast the past 9 months have gone!

You're right. Thanks girl. Last night I was just all mushy and staring at dylan thinking about my very first ultrasound. He looked like a gummy bear dancing around in there. Now he's so big and independent and funny.
  • Options
    We are currently living in about 600 sq feet, I don't recommend it. Much to small for 2 mobile kids and a dog. Winters are tough.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm in full on dread mode about starting back to work tomorrow. Gonna bask in my laziness for a while then go into panic-prep mode later to hopefully have everything packed.
  • Options
    My parents moved into a 500 sq ft guest cottage with my then 14 year old sister for a year while they built the main house. The previous house had been 3200 square feet. It didn't go over very well with my sister.
  • Options
    @Roufi‌ the transition was much easier than I expected, even after a year. Was even kind of nice to get away from the baby for awhile. I filled my freezer with meals last weekend and that helped a lot. DS didn't get his homework done (oops). It is nice to ease in though, I'm on my doing 2 days a week until my maternity runs out at the end of the month. Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm hosting book club tonight, and my house is a wreck. Cleaning is item number one on the agenda after church today.

Photobucket imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Roufi said:

I'm in full on dread mode about starting back to work tomorrow. Gonna bask in my laziness for a while then go into panic-prep mode later to hopefully have everything packed.

It just clicked you mean for the first time since baby, not just ugh it'll be Monday. Oh, Canada!

Good luck! I was dreading it, but it was actually nice to put on that different hat and be me not in mommy mode for a little bit.
    Yup I'm definitely grateful to have had this long but I'm still not ready. Hopefully it'll be a smooth transition at daycare and Shea'll take a bottle or sippy, he hasn't wanted to lately.

I'm mostly not looking forward to having to go back & possibly being laid off again or having to do publicity sales rather than my actual job because their isn't enough work for both me and the new hire, and he's prioritizing her. It's just a shitty situation and I really resent my boss right now.
  • Options
    @Roufi that has been our week, both days at day care Ais drank about 2 ounces in 9 hours, and made up for it by drinking all night long. Finally Friday she drank a good amount with DH so hopefully she is getting the hang of it. I'm sure Shea will too.
  • Options
    CalinAZCalinAZ member
    edited January 2015
    Evan only ate twice again last night! Woke up engorged for the first time in ages (because, you know, 4.5 hours without feeding is crazy....). However, he then made up for it by nursing 4 times between 8am and 10:30, plus eating some solids. Sheesh!

@Roufi - Good luck! Sorry work isn't a more positive place to return too. Hopefully it'll go better than you imagine. 

@deidremaria Best of luck starting the new semester :)
    TTC #1 since August 2012 |  BFP August 17th, 2013  |    EDD April 25th, 2014
    Living with Vestibulodynia (Chronic pelvic pain)

• Options
    @celticlullaby‌ & @CalinAZ‌ thanks for the love. I hope to be pleasantly surprised, and hopefully I won't be too rusty.
    @Jessimax‌ that drinking all night long thing sounds frustrating, I hope she'll gift you with some decent sleep soon. And I'm glad that you get to ease in part time for now :) I figure he'll figure it out when he's hungry, and it'll help maintain my supply worst case! Do you pump at work?
  • Options
    @unofficiallyLO - Congratulations! Your dress is one of the loveliest I've ever seen :)
    TTC #1 since August 2012 |  BFP August 17th, 2013  |    EDD April 25th, 2014
    Living with Vestibulodynia (Chronic pelvic pain)

• Options
    Absolutely stunning, @UnofficiallyLO‌ Hope you had a wonderful day!!
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You look amazing @UnofficiallyLO‌ !!!! Congratulations!
  • Options
    Wow I love your dress @UnofficiallyLO‌ ! Congratulations!
  • Options
    Congratulations !!@UnofficiallyLO‌
  • Options
    Your dress is gorgeous! @UnofficiallyLO‌
  • Options
    My boys still haven't gotten their Christmas presents from DH side of the family. First his mom said she was sick so couldn't send them out, now supposedly the post office roof collapsed so she can't send them out I don't care about the actual presents, but I hate it for my DS1, we are the only family out of state so my boys are always forgotten. DS1 birthday is Feb 1, so maybe his christmas presents will make it in time for his birthday?
  • Options
    @UnofficiallyLO‌ lovely photos, congratulations, I have some questions about 9 month baby and wedding, mines in around 4 weeks time! I'll pm you if you don't mind :)
  • Options
    Been sat here feeding lo for the last hour, he's had around 4 oz ...?!?! Come on baby mamas got things to do !
  • Options
    Congratulations @UnofficiallyLO‌! Gorgeous!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @dani+california‌ that was me talking about the preppers. Think prepping is a fascinating idea but I hate guns.

Last night was horrible at work. Left with a full ER and 3 to be triaged. It's made even more complicated by not having any written protocols at this hospital. Half way through the shift I went to the doc and told him I was going to start ordering crap and if he objected. Should have done that sooner but I'm paranoid since they have said they will start writing up nurses for practicing without a medical license for missed EKG orders. As I was leaving the night doc said he was thinking of not showing back up tonight. :( hope he's kidding...
  • Options
    @UnofficiallyLO‌ you look GORGEOUS! Your dress is perfect. I hope your day went well! Can't wait to see more pictures!
  • Options
    Roufi said:

@celticlullaby‌ & @CalinAZ‌ thanks for the love. I hope to be pleasantly surprised, and hopefully I won't be too rusty.
    @Jessimax‌ that drinking all night long thing sounds frustrating, I hope she'll gift you with some decent sleep soon. And I'm glad that you get to ease in part time for now :) I figure he'll figure it out when he's hungry, and it'll help maintain my supply worst case! Do you pump at work?

So far pumping once at lunch. It's hard where I work though. I work for an agency and go all over, so finding a place is challenging, got walked in on twice on friday. I was hoping to give her only breast milk but we'll see.
  • Options
    @UnofficiallyLO‌ ! Ohhh myyyy! Congratulations!!!!

February SIggy Challenge: Fav Movie/TV Couple

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Congratulations @UnofficiallyLO‌! Looks like a beautiful day for a wedding.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options
    Lurky lurking to catch up.
    Congrats @UnofficiallyLO‌ !
    All the best to all the working / scholarly / in need of good vibes mommas!
  • Options
    Oh @unofficiallyLO you looked amazing! Congrats!! 

Omg Kerry Washington's dress is so bad. 
  • Options
    I like seeing Melissa McCarthy dressed up because she has played such frumpy roles lately but that dress is just not good....
  • Options
    lia619 said:

So I'm the hotel parent for my daughters travel softball team. I find the hotels, set up blocks, send the information out to the families for every tournament that is out of town. Probably 5/year. I try to stick to hotels that aren't too expensive, have free breakfast and a pool. So this weekend I made arrangements, but several families thought the hotel I booked was too expensive so they stayed at another hotel that was very cheap, but didn't have the extras. Those families showed up at the hotel I booked for breakfast BOTH mornings to eat FOR FREE. Also came to swim. The use of the pool doesn't bother me as much as the meal. I find it tacky and I don't want our team to get a bad name. We stay at this place at least once a year. The families that chose not to stay there are newer members of the team. I am I crazy to think that's wrong?

It's wrong and weird. I don't even know how I would approach that situation!
    This! It's also technically considered stealing. I worked at a hotel for 9 years, that is (or should be) built into the room rate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"