March 2015 Moms

Sunday night's a slow surrender (randoms)

Re: Sunday night's a slow surrender (randoms)

• So, in light of the 3D/4D ultrasound thread that in no way invited others to share or participate in conversation-

Am I the only one not doing one?

What are the pros and cons? Why or why aren't you choosing to do one?

While I would love to have a 3d/4d ultrasound, I simply cannot afford it. Even if I did have a few hundred dollars to Give up, in my current financial situation, it'd be irresponsible of me to get one.

What goes in must come out so I'll see her in full form when she's ready.
    Pregnancy Ticker
          ---------- For SuzyQ---------

• @krystaloowho I am so sorry about Loki. You are in my thoughts. ((Hugs))

• Loading the player...
  • Regarding the elective 3D/4D ultrasound, we are not doing one. Money isn't really an issue, but I do feel like it could be better spent elsewhere. I can wait to see LO in person.

• @FLFishOutOfWater‌ yup i totally agree.
    Pregnancy Ticker
          ---------- For SuzyQ---------

• @krystaloowho‌ I'm so sorry about Loki. :(

It's pouring rain but we're heading out to do grocery shopping for the week and pick up some things at Target. After that I'll plant my butt at home for the rest of the day playing with DD, watch The Broncos game and finish my book. I need a low key day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MC: 2/19/14

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @krystaloowho‌ so sorry about Loki :(

I doubt we will do the 3d/4d US either. We will have a 3rd tri US because of the GD, so nonsense in forking over money for another one. I have absolutely nothing planned today except lay on the couch with DH and watch the Cowboys game. It is cold and rainy here today, so no getting out for us.
    image March '15 January Siggy Challenge image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Me - 24    DH - 29      Married 01-20-2014
    Aubrey - 12-14-2011
    Jaxon - EDD 3-16-2015

• Thinking of you @krystaloowho‌
    For Suzy and our M15 Loss Moms
  • jennypm said:

Trying to get caught up as I haven't been on the boards in a few days. 

@lawsonellis Congrats on the engagement!

@krystaloowho I am *so* sorry about Loki! I know just how hard that decision is and I hope you and SO find some peace and comfort today. 

AFM, I'm exhausted. Friday I spent most of the day finishing up some homework while I was working and then attempted to do my PiYo work out. Imagine a cow trying to do yoga. Yeah, that's what I felt like. 

Saturday, I got up and took my Human Resource Management final and am 100% done with my 1st term back in college! I have nothing less than A's, on all of my assignments, so far with only a few more things my professors need to grade!  Next term starts in about two weeks and I will have a baby before the end of that 8 week term! Holy cow! After my final, H and I went to the gym where I walked 3 miles on the treadmill and chafed the shit out of my crotch. Then we headed to Buy Buy baby and finally settled on our car seat and travel system!

We got the Chicco Bravo Trio and I freaking love it. It was regularly $349, but with their 20% off coupon, we paid $279 plus tax. Just the carseat alone typically goes for $185. After that, we stopped by Best Buy and they had an open box stove marked down to $500 from $1099! It's a five burner gas stove with a convection oven. Um, sold! We now have all stainless steel appliances in our kitchen! Oh, the little things that make me happy. 

We walked all over a bunch of stores and I am just worn out. I got crap sleep last night, like most of you, took some Zzzquil this morning and slept til almost noon. I don't plan on moving my ass off the couch today.
    We looked at the Chicco Bravo system yesterday too and it's definitely a front runner for us. I'm 6' tall and worried about handle height on a lot of other strollers. The Bravo stroller actually has adjustable handles!
  • Any body have any advice on cleaning engineered hardwood floors? I've tried everything (Murphys oil, swiffer wet jet, water and vinegar, steam mop, bona) and the floors still look like there is residue. I have no idea if I'm stripping some sort of layer off the top. Should I try a polish?

I know this is ridiculous but I'm so annoyed and just wondering if you guys have any tips. Thanks.

But it's OK. Because:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jnowosielski‌ Do you have hard water or well water? That might be the culprit. I didn't realize that was why I had so much residue on surfaces I was cleaning for months...although a Swiffer wouldn't use water...hmmmm.

@FrecklesInside‌ Hope you feel better and that Pip gets moving more in there. He's probably just hunkering down and resting.

@djoliet I have the exact same pain in my legs and sometimes groin area too.

@krystaloowho‌ I am so sorry about Loki. It's so hard when they are showing physical distress like that. :-(

I'm laying on the floor of the nursery in my pajamas. We got a lot done yesterday, sooo...I'm feeling today will be less productive.
  • Thanks everyone for the get better wishes.

@krystaloowho‌ so sorry about Loki :( I hope you can still enjoy your birthday plans. Happy birthday, lady, sorry you have such a task on your plate today of all days.
  • @krystaloowho I'm so sorry about Loki :(

@FLFishOutOfWater We aren't having one either. I'd rather just save the surprise of seeing what she looks like until she's born, and DH agreed with me.

I slept eleven hours last night...I'm not even sure how that happened but apparently I needed it! Then I got up, cleaned the bathrooms and the kitchen and we made breakfast. Now I'm tired again, good grief.
  • jennypm said:

Trying to get caught up as I haven't been on the boards in a few days. 

@lawsonellis Congrats on the engagement!

@krystaloowho I am *so* sorry about Loki! I know just how hard that decision is and I hope you and SO find some peace and comfort today. 

AFM, I'm exhausted. Friday I spent most of the day finishing up some homework while I was working and then attempted to do my PiYo work out. Imagine a cow trying to do yoga. Yeah, that's what I felt like. 

Saturday, I got up and took my Human Resource Management final and am 100% done with my 1st term back in college! I have nothing less than A's, on all of my assignments, so far with only a few more things my professors need to grade!  Next term starts in about two weeks and I will have a baby before the end of that 8 week term! Holy cow! After my final, H and I went to the gym where I walked 3 miles on the treadmill and chafed the shit out of my crotch. Then we headed to Buy Buy baby and finally settled on our car seat and travel system!

We got the Chicco Bravo Trio and I freaking love it. It was regularly $349, but with their 20% off coupon, we paid $279 plus tax. Just the carseat alone typically goes for $185. After that, we stopped by Best Buy and they had an open box stove marked down to $500 from $1099! It's a five burner gas stove with a convection oven. Um, sold! We now have all stainless steel appliances in our kitchen! Oh, the little things that make me happy. 

We walked all over a bunch of stores and I am just worn out. I got crap sleep last night, like most of you, took some Zzzquil this morning and slept til almost noon. I don't plan on moving my ass off the couch today.
    @jennypm‌ I love the chicco bravo trio, and the britax b agile..... How did you decide on the Chicco?
  • @FrecklesInside‌ just a little PSA, be careful relying on the Doppler. My Dr & March of dimes don't recommend using them because it may cause someone to ignore fetal distress. When the baby isn't kicking as much as she should, there could be something wrong. If you listen to the heartbeat to feel better, you may not pay attention to the kicks anymore, and could ignore distress. If there isn't a heartbeat it's to late, so you want to catch distress with the kicks.

I'm not saying you are ignoring kick counts, sometimes they sleep and you just want to know they are okay!! I just wanted you to be aware of potential issues with relying on Doppler of you weren't already.

I'm aware of this, but thank you. I actually haven't used the Doppler in about a month but I had a rough night last night and it gave me peace of mind while I did kick counts. I certainly don't rely on the Doppler.
  • @lawsonellis‌ So pretty! He picked that out then? Or you had it made? :D

Thanks everyone! And HE had it made, which is amazing to me. He asked for some Pinterest pins of things I liked then got the middle stone from his mom's friend (it's antique mine cut) and had it custom built from there. He's quite an amazing guy :)
    So sweet! It is a beautiful ring!
  • Any body have any advice on cleaning engineered hardwood floors? I've tried everything (Murphys oil, swiffer wet jet, water and vinegar, steam mop, bona) and the floors still look like there is residue. I have no idea if I'm stripping some sort of layer off the top. Should I try a polish?

I know this is ridiculous but I'm so annoyed and just wondering if you guys have any tips. Thanks.

We have to use Bona exclusively to avoid the residue. No water at all. I hate our floors, btw. I would never do engineered/laminate floors again. My advice would be to stick with the Bona for several attempts (and double check that you have the Bona for engineered woods) to get rid of built up residue.
  • @jack12trip‌ hard water

@CoozieInMyPurse‌ thanks that's good to know (kind of) I just ordered the bona polish. Maybe that will help.

Or I'll just stop cleaning them. Maybe then the residue will just even out and you won't be able to tell.

But it's OK. Because:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PHNJenna‌ it's beautiful! If you don't mind me asking, where'd you find it? And I don't see a problem with you wearing it now, like you said, you're already Connors mother. :)
  • Taking a break from the craziness of moving to check my emails and everything I've missed on social media the past couple days. Since our internet service won't be up and running till Monday, I'm relying on the 1-2 bars of cell service I have to get by. Crazy how ancient I feel not having high speed internet lol.
    H & DS will be out all day visiting the IL's in attempts to leave me alone to organize and clean up our new place.
    Happy Sunday ladies (it is Sunday right?! lol).

#1 BFP 11/6/12 EDD 07/19/13 Delivered 07/23/13 - Baby boy Everett John

#2 BFP 07/06/14 EDD 03/12/15

• PHNJennaPHNJenna member
    edited January 2015
    Thanks everyone for your support today. It really means a lot to both of us. Loki is gone now. I thought I was going to pass out right before they administered the shots so I stayed for the first one that makes him go to sleep and then stepped out of the room before they helped him pass. I had to get outside and cool down. The vet was appreciative though- she made a comment about not wanting to deliver a baby today. But he can rest now and even though it's a sad day I feel relief that the poor guy isn't in pain anymore. Now I'm trying to cheer myself up watching the Cowboys game. Hopefully they can give me a win on my birthday and the day will be a bit brighter!
    Take care today and the upcoming week, both of you!  It is such a hard time, our pets are truly a part of the family and loved so much. 

We just had to put our last "family" dog down last week, my sister and I picked her out at the shelter when we were teens. She was a great dog and when we got Stella we were living with my Dad and I feel that Stella learned a lot from her, so that gives me some comfort.
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    TTC since March 2014
    BFP 6/23/2014
    EDD: 3/3/2015 BOY! Connor James

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @krystaloowho I am so sorry lady, losing a pet is so hard. On your birthday makes it much more so. Hugs to you. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Pregnancy Ticker
    image <3 Suzyq 
  • @krystaloowho‌ I'm so sorry. (hugs) I am grateful that Loki had an owner who loved him and cared for him as much as you did. That was very brave to do that for his sake today.

I hope that you are able to find some comfort today and spend the rest of your birthday with loved ones.
  • @krystaloowho‌, you are still in my thoughts and I hope you will celebrate your birthday at some point. In the meantime, this WI woman says go, Cowboys! (please don't tell my family on me).

@lawsonellis, congrats and your ring is gorgeous!

@happymamax2‌, I prefer ransoms to Randoms. Adds some intensity!

We aren't doing any elective ultrasounds - part of me is tempted because I'd like to see our LO, but we can wait for the real thing :).

I feel like baby and I hit a huge growth spurt last week - I'm pretty tall so I had a petite little bump and now all of the sudden it seems so much bigger. I know that's the idea but with 10 weeks to go, I'm a little freaked out about how much bigger I will get. It's the first time I feel like being pregnant is defining me, you know?

Of course, if looking really pregnant gets me out of doing stuff, that's a different story ;).

• PHNJenna said:

@coleybug13‌ - Kay jewelers

I got pretty much this same necklace 3 years ago when I was pregnant with my son. I wore it beforehand and even to the hospital the day he was born. I don't think it's weird at all. :smile:
  • nannabee21nannabee21 member
    edited January 2015
    @healthyfor2‌ I don't have a specific going home outfit. I may not use anything fancy because I figure he's probably going to puke on it or something. I'm thinking just a cute sleeper or something. It definitely needs to have legs in the outfit though since the gowns may not work well with the car seat, and that's most important!

Eta @krystaloowho‌ so sorry for the loss of your buddy. :(
    Me(29), DH (29)
    Married December 2011     TTC#1 Since November 2013
    Dec. 2013... BFP! 12/31/13... Natural M/C 1/29/14 (8 weeks)
    July 2014...BFP!... 17dpo beta 581...19dpo beta 1419!!.. stick baby, stick!
    EDD: 3/20/15.. It's a boy!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @krystaloowho  I am so sorry about Loki.  I hope you are able to find a moment to treat yourself today ; you deserve it.  Happy Birthday.

@lawsonellis  Beautiful ring!  Congrats!

Sending all the get better vibes to our sick mamas!

Now, for TMI Corner with your host goofygoff!

So, insane rectal pressure.  That's a new one.  O_O

I also feel like someone punched me in the vag.

For the past few days, I've had the feeling that T has dropped (his movements are super low).  I'm guessing that's what these fun, new symptoms are about?

For SuzyQ and all March 15 loss moms
  • @krystaloowho  I am so sorry about Loki.  I hope you are able to find a moment to treat yourself today ; you deserve it.  Happy Birthday.

@lawsonellis  Beautiful ring!  Congrats!

Sending all the get better vibes to our sick mamas!

Now, for TMI Corner with your host goofygoff!

So, insane rectal pressure.  That's a new one.  O_O

I also feel like someone punched me in the vag.

For the past few days, I've had the feeling that T has dropped (his movements are super low).  I'm guessing that's what these fun, new symptoms are about?
    M has definitely dropped, H can even see it in the bump. Her new favorite game is to elbow me in the cervix, ouch.

Ooh yeah, the cervical punches and/or headbutts are "fun", too.  

For SuzyQ and all March 15 loss moms
  • So, in light of the 3D/4D ultrasound thread that in no way invited others to share or participate in conversation-

Am I the only one not doing one?

What are the pros and cons? Why or why aren't you choosing to do one?

I find any u/s not medically relevant to be...frivolous, I suppose. I would rather wait to meet baby. It isn't about the money, though that's silly too, IMO, so much as an unnecessary procedure for mama and baby.
    This. I had not even thought of doing one but got a teensy but tempted when a coworker got one done at 16 weeks just to find out sex. She didn't have her anatomy scan until this past week and she wanted to know the sex before Christmas. I started thinking about it and suddenly wished I had considered it. Then I realized what for? I've had 3 regular ones already (dating, NT scan, anatomy scan) and I have one at 32 wk to check low lying placenta. I decided that's plenty and we don't want to spend the money. I'm not knocking anyone who gets one, just saying we opted not to do one because in the end there just wasn't a reason. I've had plenty of them and if it's not needed, I don't want to get more.
  • @krystaloowho‌ so many big hugs.

@lawsonellis‌ - love the ring and the car!

@PHNJenna‌ - you are most certainly a mommy. Wear the necklace!

Today is another lazy one for me. I just don't have any energy. We bought paint for the nursery so there's something. I might go ahead and order the crib today too. I'm a little behind - but we have the cosleeper, a glider, a car seat, diapers, wipes, and my drugstore order for pads after delivery and lanolin just came in so I'm all set - right?
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• @chilibeansm0m‌ - I loved Neighbors!

We watched The Business of Being Born this weekend (I think @LBeez13‌ suggested it). It was really interesting - and we are pretty sure our hospital was mentioned as one in the movie with a really high c-section rate. We are going to speak with our doctor tomorrow and also set up a consult with a second doctor and another hospital. After watching the movie we wish we had thought about a home birth earlier - although I don't think I would have ultimately chosen it.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• @krystaloowho‌, very sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is so hard.

Re: 3 D ultrasounds: I guess I'm in the minority but I have absolutely no desire to have one. I think they look creepy and I don't see how people can tell anything about the baby's looks from them! I have to have a regular ultrasound in a few weeks to check on my low lying placenta, so I'm pretty nervous about it. I'm excited to see the baby but I'd rather just wait.

AFM, my kid stopped sleeping through the night this weekend so I'm TIRED. It always causes conflict between me and DH, too, because he makes excuses for her and lets her stay in our bed even when she won't sleep. It drives me nuts and I'm always nervous that it'll create bad habits.

Waiting on the results of my 3 hour GTT still. Should get them tomorrow, and I'm REALLY hoping i passed.

Where is my arm?!? Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Due March 17, 2015

• @krystaloowho‌, very sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is so hard.

Re: 3 D ultrasounds: I guess I'm in the minority but I have absolutely no desire to have one. I think they look creepy and I don't see how people can tell anything about the baby's looks from them! I have to have a regular ultrasound in a few weeks to check on my low lying placenta, so I'm pretty nervous about it. I'm excited to see the baby but I'd rather just wait.

AFM, my kid stopped sleeping through the night this weekend so I'm TIRED. It always causes conflict between me and DH, too, because he makes excuses for her and lets her stay in our bed even when she won't sleep. It drives me nuts and I'm always nervous that it'll create bad habits.

Waiting on the results of my 3 hour GTT still. Should get them tomorrow, and I'm REALLY hoping i passed.

I agree with you on the 3d us. With my dd, they did a third tri us and I didn't ask them to do it in 3d, thinking that they wouldn't if I didn't ask. They did it anyway and though it was kind of cool, I was also disappointed. I would have liked to have waited to see that she has my dad's nose or my dhs lips at birth instead of during the us. And in general they do look kind of creepy lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Kaylin Lanelle Born 9/2012
    Rylee Amelia due March 5, 2015

For SuzyQ

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"