April 2015 Moms

Registery Stalking

JaneShopsJaneShops member
edited January 2015 in April 2015 Moms
DH & I went to BuyBuyBaby yesterday to pick out the infant car seat & try on different wrap style carriers. Anyways, while adding these items to my already started registry, I noticed that there were items already purchased. There was even an item I never requested that was added, then purchased as well. So thoughtful! I came home, & was adding some other items to Amazon (I priceshop), I noticed More items purchased. This time, there's a link to a "thank you manger" that'll show me who purchased it. Curiosity got the better of me. Sigh..

I've decided that from now on, I think I will only check registry status (make sure there's enough unpurchased items) sporadically so I can really enjoy the baby shower.

For those with a baby registry, do you find yourself checking the status? Maybe to see what items were already purchased? Possibly to see who purchased them? Or do you like surprises too much? Feel free to comment on how you feel about this
J+J 05.12  .  N 04.15  .   No.2 due 06.17
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Registery Stalking 229 votes

Yes, I totally stalk my registry
41% 95 votes
Haven't, but planning to
6% 16 votes
Sort of, I was editing my registry and noticed some items were purchased
20% 48 votes
No
12% 29 votes
I don't have a baby registry
14% 34 votes
SS
3% 7 votes

Re: Registery Stalking

• I've peeked when editing but no one has bought anything yet. Shower invites only starting to go out now.
    Together since 5.16.05 (16 & 19yo)
    Married since 3.6.10 (21 & 24yo)
    Baby Olivia coming 4.14.15 <3 (26 & 29yo)

January Siggy Challenge: Fitness Fails

• Loading the player...
  • My baby shower invites haven't even gone out yet and I check my registry at least once a day. Mainly to make sure nothing has been discontinued, like the sheets we registered for.
  • I noticed some gifts were purchased while I was modifying the registry. Now it takes all I can to not stalk it. I do look once a week or so though!
    January Siggy Challenge--Exercise Fails

Met: 2/27/10 Married: 2/16/13 1st LO EDD: 4/10/15
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • JaneShops said:
    @jk3610‌ my shower invites went out last week, and I'm so surprised people are buying gifts already. The procrastinator in me can't believe it. Hehe
    I go shopping as soon as I get an invitation, baby or bridal shower. I like to get first choice when choosing what to buy. I received my friends baby shower invitation on a Tuesday and went shopping the next day.
  • Purple&7 said:
    JaneShops said:
    @jk3610‌ my shower invites went out last week, and I'm so surprised people are buying gifts already. The procrastinator in me can't believe it. Hehe
    I go shopping as soon as I get an invitation, baby or bridal shower. I like to get first choice when choosing what to buy. I received my friends baby shower invitation on a Tuesday and went shopping the next day.

I need to be more like you!! I'm always scrounging to pick up gifts I like off the registry. & that's possibly why I plan to update mine for other last minute shoppers like me

Pregnancy Ticker
  • klingspwn said:
    Speaking of registries, is anyone else still having trouble with their target registry and signing in?

:: :Raising my hand: ::
    Went to the store twice, cuz they couldn't even log me in.  Password reset & all

Pregnancy Ticker
  • JaneShops said:

klingspwn said:

Speaking of registries, is anyone else still having trouble with their target registry and signing in?

:: :Raising my hand: ::
    Went to the store twice, cuz they couldn't even log me in.  Password reset & all

It lets me log into mine on the mobile registry app. It's been working fine... Weird!
    Together since 5.16.05 (16 & 19yo)
    Married since 3.6.10 (21 & 24yo)
    Baby Olivia coming 4.14.15 <3 (26 & 29yo)

January Siggy Challenge: Fitness Fails

• My registry right now is private but with DD I did stalk. But nothing was purchased until a day or two before my shower. 
  • @jk3610‌ gotta retry target. Been so frustrated that I've added all the target items onto my BuyBuyBaby. But of course, target is more convenient for shoppers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I semi-looked because I was adding some things.  Our families were incredibly generous for Christmas and purchased all the big ticket things between them.  There have been some other random things purchased, however there is no way for me to tell who bought them.  I believe my shower invites for the one up north go out next week sometime.  I am going to try and not peek but I have little self control.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Jan Siggy Challenge: April 2015

image  image

Started dating: 7/4/00
    Married: 6/9/07
    TTC #1: 7/14
    BFP: 8/9/14

• @klingspwn‌ I'm in my target.com registry! Woo woo

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @klingspwn‌ when I had DD 4 years ago I remember having a lot of issues with my Target registry. Hopefully they figured it out by now!
  • mrsfleming12mrsfleming12 member
    edited January 2015
    klingspwn said:
    I still have trouble a lot on the computer, but through my mobile app I never have a hard time, viewing, logging in, adding or editing things. I've pretty much just stuck to using mobile since I created it because it was less hassle.

I haven't really paid much attention to my own registry yet...but invites just went out so I'm sure I will be stalking it as my shower gets closer. I did the same when we got married....it was almost a disappointment at the showers because I wasn't ever surprised, but couldn't keep my eyes away from looking at what was already purchased!
    Married 07/27/12 : BFP 8/23/14 : EDD 4/30/15 : IT'S A GIRL!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Half my invites got delivered by hand Friday and the other half are going out tomorrow... We used golden books as invites and they were pricy to send so that's why the hand delivery. Anyway, my family had had the registry in their hands since thanksgiving because I just put it up on the website. That way they can see baby pics and get updates from dr appointments. So much easier than contacting 30 people who actually want to know and I hate blasting FB. And a few friends have asked for the info so they've had it. But my mil has bought a lot of stuff and has been sending it to my house since October.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I picked special snowflake because this was totally me last time. This time I have a private Amazon registry for the completion discount.

Pregnancy Ticker

• I already had both showers and was really surprised by how little was purchased off the registries.  Don't get me wrong, I now have lots of nice clothes, blankets and pacifiers, along with about 10 bottles of baby wash, but not much in the way of actual things I need and registered for.  I used BabyList because I thought it was easier, but turns out most people didn't like it or take any time looking at it.

It took me by surprise because our wedding registry was heavily used, but I guess people would rather buy cute little clothes to sqee over at the shower than a changing pad.  I get it, but I will definitely keep that in mind when my friends have baby showers in the future. 

BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP! - 8/15/14
    EDD - 4/28/15
    It's a Boy!
  • I stalk mine very often haha. But I am finding, as everyone warned me, no one is actually buying me anything from my registry. Why did I stress over this thing so much if no one bothers to use it??
  • The only thing purchased off my registry we bought ourselves because it was on sale and my mother in law bought our travel system. I haven't looked recently but I don't think any invites have gone out for any of my showers. My friend mentioned twice throwing a shower but hasn't gone any farther, my MIL is throwing one for her family, and I'm getting one at work but I don't think anything concrete has been decided on any of them.
    BFP 8/9/2014
    Baby Boy wolowizard due 4/14/2015
    Greyson Robert
  • Purple&7 said:

My baby shower invites haven't even gone out yet and I check my registry at least once a day. Mainly to make sure nothing has been discontinued, like the sheets we registered for.

This. A bunch of the stuff has been discontinued since we registered so I always look to make sure people can actually purchase the items on there. We've had to change our diaper bag, crib, some clothing, and a few other items bc they were no longer available.
  • klingspwn said:

Yep. I've decided targets registries just suck. I can't even log in when I'm in the store!!
    BFP: 8.13.2014
    EDD: 4.23.2015

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I didn't even know you could see if things were bought already. Mind blown. Thanks now I'm for sure gonna stalk it haha.
  • Went to edit and saw some items had already been purchased. I have become a crazy registry stalker since then...
  • Prpljade said:
    Yep. I've decided targets registries just suck. I can't even log in when I'm in the store!!

I also am having trouble with my target registry! I think it's because before I had a photo account too and somehow I think it's confusing them. I haven't tried on my desktop but it's very annoying and I'm thinking of complaining about it to them!
    ***********siggy warning **********

Me: 26 DH: 27
    TTC #1 Since Aug. 2013
    Cycle 1: O CD 25=bfn
    Cycle 2: O CD 48=bfn
    Cycle 3: Anovulatory/Provera =120 days!
    Cycle 4: Anovulatory/Prometrium=127 days! RE consult 6/16
    Me: Anov/poss. pcos?  HSG=normal/SA= Normal 
    July/Aug. 2014= Femara+trigger+TI=BFP!!
    Beta #1@ 16dpo=626!! Beta #2=1510
    Ultrasound @ 5w6d=heartbeat at 110!
    Ultrasound @ 6w6d =heartbeat at 131!

Pregnancy Ticker

• I wasn't done even editing mine (I still had three of some items while trying to make decisions) and saw that some things had been bought. I quickly finished it and have been stalking ever since, but nothing has been bought since then. Just got my invite for my first shower though.
  • klingspwn said:

I'm having issues too. I can only log in on my phone, I've not been able to log in on the computer at all.
    ~
    Married May 18, 2013
    Expecting our first child April 3, 2015
  • I already had both showers and was really surprised by how little was purchased off the registries.  Don't get me wrong, I now have lots of nice clothes, blankets and pacifiers, along with about 10 bottles of baby wash, but not much in the way of actual things I need and registered for.  I used BabyList because I thought it was easier, but turns out most people didn't like it or take any time looking at it.

It took me by surprise because our wedding registry was heavily used, but I guess people would rather buy cute little clothes to sqee over at the shower than a changing pad.  I get it, but I will definitely keep that in mind when my friends have baby showers in the future. 

My family is constantly talking about how much they have bought. I was on my registry to change the car seat we wanted and noticed that nothing has been purchased off my registry.

I also have three tubs of clothes and blankets from my sister in law so I have asked my family to please not buy more clothes and blankets; but they all just say to give the hand me downs back because they would prefer to buy clothes and blankets for the baby than other items. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for everything we are receiving, but I can't help but feel frustrated that they are mainly getting items I already have.
  • klingspwn said:
    @klingspwn‌ I'm in my target.com registry! Woo woo
    Mobile or desktop?? I'm so frustrated!

Sorry for late response, but I got on using Safari on my iPad :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Totally stalking! My mom told me to not to stalk when I had my bridal shower because the shower was a surprise (note: um, it totally wasn't) and if I saw a lot was bought around a certain time then I would know the shower was soon. 

Well, this shower for sure isn't a surprise so I will be checking away! My invitations haven't gone out yet but when I was editing I saw two items had been purchased already. I'm excited. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    EDD: 4/23/15   Team Pink!!!
  • I think the target registry only seems to work on my phone! I hate it!
  • klingspwn said:

Interesting, it let me in on mobile using my original password, even after I've tried resetting online several times. Glad I'm not the only one having issues.
    Me (29), DH (30), Married 6/16/07
    #1: BFP 8/02/14, EDD 4/11/15

~~TEAM GREEN~~

BabyFruit Ticker   

****** April '15 January Siggy Challenge: Exercise/Workout Fails ****** image
  • I actually just had my first shower today. So about 2 weeks ago I decided I couldn't look at the registry anymore so that I didn't totally ruin the fun! It was fun to be slightly surprised :)
  •   No, I don't want to not look excited when I open it.  I made a pact with a friend to edit each other's registries especially clothes since so many of them sell out before they can be purchased.
  • For those with target registries... I noticed I cannot login if using internet explorer but can with Firefox or google chrome. Maybe try another browser? I have a lot of website issues with internet explorer in general.

This. The past few (specifically baby girl) showers I have attended were all clothes and almost nothing off the mom-to-be's registry. One friend of mine literally received all dresses and 3 diaper genies! 

I hate to sound ungrateful, but I really hope people stick to my registry because I really need the items on there. Lately for showers I attend, I have been buying the changing pad/cover/diaper/wipes because I know it is needed. I will cross my fingers each time I creep on mine.
  • Bluetiff said:

This is a tiny part of the reason I wanted to stay Team Green for this baby (our first). I think (hope) it'll force some of our family to actually shop from the registry for stuff that we actually need, not just a bunch of cute clothes. My MIL is the WORST non-registry shopping offender & it makes us crazy!

We are team green and this is the bonus. People are a bit more forced to go with the registry. Of course, any gift is appreciated but people who go all rougue and get things you will NEVER use (thanks grandma for the polar fleece sheets) irk me. If I wanted those things I would have registered for them. It doesn't bother me as much with personal items or clothing. It's the big ticket items that annoy me. No--I didn't register for a RNP because I registered for a mamaroo instead. But thanks for the gift I may not be able to return.

January Siggy Challenge--Exercise Fails

Met: 2/27/10 Married: 2/16/13 1st LO EDD: 4/10/15
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • I kind of stalk mine. I've only received my stroller which my parents bought back in October. I'm not expecting much to be bought off mine, its more of a reminder list for things I plan on buying. For example, I put the car seat we want on it back in October, it wasn't bought over the holidays or anything so I ordered it when I got back from vacation, it could take 3 months to get out here so better be safe and get it now. Next pay check I'll order my diaper bag and bassinet and keep going down the list of things I really want/need now. Living overseas and have baby showers is more like a big get together and you usually get a few things, at all the showers I've been to people receive diapers and baby clothes.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • When I had a registry with DD, I kind of stalked it...more because my shower wasn't until after baby came, so I bought a lot of things ahead of time as thy went on sale.

BabyFruit Ticker

TTC #1 since July 2010
    July 2011: Referred to RE, started Letrozole
    August 2011: BFP #1! M/C @ 5wks
    September 2011 - September 2012: test, after test, after test... S/A, HCG, B/W... Diagnosis: unexplained infertility. Letrozole, Metformin... nothing.
    September 2012: Diagnosed gluten intolerance; now living strict GF diet.
    November 2012: BFP #2! MM/C @ 6wks (discovered at 8wks). 2 rounds of Misoprostal - nothing. D&C December 2012.
    May 2013: BFP #3! Hoping this one sticks! 4x prometrium/day EDD: 01/25/14
    06/03/13: 1st u/s We have a heartbeat! Team green!
    01/24/14: Team green turned team pink. Baby girl was born!
    08/05/14: Surprise BFP #4! (Unmedicated, no pp period, EDD unknown)
    08/15/14: 1 u/s We have a heartbeat! Measured 6wks 2 days. EDD 04/08/15. Team green!
    04/08/15: Team green turned team pink. Baby girl was born!
    03/29/16: BFP #5! (Unmedicated, 1 cycle TTC) EDD: 11/09/16

• My OB said having a boy is an advantage when it comes to useful shower gifts and I can see why after reading some of these posts, especially @chicsugar‌. I'm having a hard time not being super prepared and buying things myself, but I've been ordered to wait for my shower :-\ I'm blaming the holidays for getting in the way of a sooner shower.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"