Breastfeeding
Options

Question for moms with 2+

Hey mamas! 

First of all, I'm going to start off by saying that I DO know that just because someone else's body did one thing, doesn't mean mine will do the same. But, I've been so curious about this and can't seem to find much by Googling, so I thought I'd ask you all! 

My question: did your fertility return in about the same amount of time after each of your babies? If you had a period at 6 or 12 or 18 months postpartum, did it come back at about the same amount of time the second/third/fourth time? 

I did not ovulate until 13 months after my son was born (he was breastfeeding and continued to until I was about 20 weeks). My daughter is now 4 months and I've been terrible about taking the minipill, but not particularly worried about it since it took me so long to ovulate last time. But I'm wondering if my assumption that it will take roughly the same amount of time to be fertile again is correct? 

To be clear, this isn't something I'm particularly worried about (obviously I'd be getting more reliable birth control if it was!) because we want another kid and would probably try in a year or less anyway. It's more a curiosity thing. Plus last time around I drove myself nuts taking pregnancy tests every few weeks because without a period, I always thought I might be KU. And since I ultimately got pregnant with baby girl before I had a postpartum period, I'm even more likely to be paranoid this time around =-D 

Thanks all!

Re: Question for moms with 2+

• Options
    I got my period at 10 months pp with the first and 12 months with the second.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    I honestly don't remember after the first except that it was well before my son's first birthday because I was disappointed how quickly it came back after hearing all the stories about how breastfeeding keeps it away. This time around DD is now six months and my second cycle started yesterday. I'm not a fan of the mini pill, so I'm just charting this time around. It helps that I've gotten my period already, but there's no reason you couldn't start charting either. You'd just have a longer chart until O is confirmed.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If I remember correctly I got my period 15 months pp with DD1 and 17 months pp with DD2. I was pregnant 2 months later with each. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    With all 3 of my BF babies, it came back between 9-10 months.  With #3, I had bleeding right around 8 weeks, and was super annoyed because I had banked on that 9 month break from AF.  Well, it ended up just being some late PP bleeding which I guess can happen anytime in the first 8 weeks (even though I had stopped bleeding a few weeks prior to that).  GL!

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

• Options
    More or less the same.  With DD it was 15.5 months and with DS 20.5 months.  It seems to correspond to when I drop down to 2 nursing sessions. 
  • Options
    Mine came back around 12 weeks or so after both my pregnancies. With my second pregnancy it came back for few cycles then stopped and started back at 6 months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, all!
  • Options
    Almost 2 yrs with DD. But she was still nursing 6-8 times a day when she was almost 2. Came back the month after I weaned her. With DS3 I got mine back at 6 months. I was not happy. And he was not even eating baby food yet. Completely boob only. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"