June 2013 Moms

Nail Clipping Strategies

Help! Benjamin's talons are really out of control, and I don't have a good game plan for getting him to cooperate with a trimming. What do y'all do?

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Nail Clipping Strategies

• I sit him in my lap with cartoons on and he usually sits still long enough for my to clip his finger nails and toe nails.  If he is antsy then I'll do one hand, close the clippers, and let him pretend to do his own nails.  Then I take them back after a few minutes and continue and repeat that process if I need to. 
    image imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I just make my husband do it. :-)
  • I wait until he's sound asleep, cuddled up against me. I have even managed to file down the sharp edges a time or two. Maybe my kid is just a heavy sleeper?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TTC Baby Rob #1 05/07, BFP 06/07, EDD 02/22/08, Baby Jackaroo born via c-section after 22 hours of labor on 02/27/08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC Baby Rob #2 06/11 BFP 11/06/11 EDD 07/16/12 Natural M/C 11/25/11 @ 6w3d
    Baby Rob #2 (Sloane), in our hearts always.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here comes Baby Rob #3
     BFP on Cycle 17 09/27/12. EDD 06/04/12! Please Stick Baby! A/S 01/22/13 Baby looking great. Officially TEAM BLUE! Jack is getting a Baby Brother! RCS scheduled for 05/29/13. William Daryll born at 9:59am on 05/29/13. Left ovary and tube removed due to peach sized tumor found during RCS. Pathology came back benign!

• First thing in the morning while he's still groggy and I put on Sesame Street. Sometimes I do his toes in the high chair.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • On the changing table. I give her a wipe to play with. She loves those. She's obsessed with washing her face. When she gets bored with that I give her another thing she loves, like the vicks container or a diaper. I have learned to get pretty fast at it while she is distracted.
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • I sit jameson on the bathroom counter with his feet in the sink. I give him his toothbrush and clip away.

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • He is pretty good at falling asleep in his car seat. I actually keep his clippers in the little 'instruction compartment' in his car seat. If there is a day he is sleeping I got at either his hands or feet and he wakes none the wiser
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"