November 2014 Moms
Options

Thursday Randoms

Re: Thursday Randoms

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Calling for another 2-3 feet of lake effect here in the next 2 days. Hopefully we get snowed in. On another note, my LO sleeps great at night, but naps during the day do not happen unless she's on me. Don't get me wrong I love the snuggles but I need to shower and get ready for work! Anyone have tricks that would help?
  • Options
    kegcrc said:

dmo1371 said:

Random question and I'm not sure where to post this... DH has the option of moving for work to Memphis. We've never been more than 2.5 hours from our hometown so leaving the familiar is scary. Even scarier are the crime rates in Memphis. I'm sure it's like any city where you're fine if you stay away from the bad parts of town but I was wondering if anyone here has lived or visited there. If so did you like it? It would only be for a couple years...

@dmo1371‌ I live in Nashville, which is different from the rest of the state. Since I've been here I have been to Memphis multiple times. It really does have a crime problem compared to here, as there are more poverty stricken areas and not as much newer infrastructure. I personally wouldn't want to live there as people still tend to "self-segregate" and for me, that makes me uncomfortable. Have you lived in the south? Where are you living now?

I grew up out west (CO) and have lived in NYC, Seattle and now Nashville, so I've moved quite a bit since college. I'd like to think I'm open minded, so I hope you know I'm just speaking openly since you asked. I had a hard transition moving to the south, but Nashville is not textbook "southern" like most areas are, either. I love it now but it's still an adjustment.

Edit for grammar
    @kegcrc‌ - yeah I was worried about what you described about Memphis. We're around Omaha NE now (have always lived in the Midwest). Would you not even want to live in a nicer suburb? Thank you for your honest opinion! It is very much appreciated. DH and I have a lot to talk about.
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    kegcrc said:

@dmo1371‌ I think anywhere is doable if you pick a nicer area. But then you're kind of stuck in that area. If it's temporary for work I think you could get through it. But yes, there are nicer suburbs. I could ask some friends for you if you want? (People who have lived there.)

@kegcrc‌ -that would be fantastic! Thank you!
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    KUinCBUS said:
    [url=https://imgflip.com/i/g5g2z][img]https://i.imgflip.com/g5g2z.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://imgflip.com/memegenerator]via Imgflip Meme Maker[/url] Edit: well that didn't work
    This?! image If so... bwahahaha!

Lol yes thanks haha
    BabyFetus Ticker

N14 October Siggy Challenge: How I feel in the third trimester (especially when DH eats my pregnancy food)

• Options
    @IndianaMommy08‌ so glad it's not the flu! Prayers that the GI test goes smoothly.
    BabyFetus Ticker

N14 October Siggy Challenge: How I feel in the third trimester (especially when DH eats my pregnancy food)

• Options
    Thanks for the feedback on birth certificates! Looks like I need to take some action on that one...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"