July 2013 Moms

Have you spent a night away from LO yet?

coco2787coco2787 member
edited January 2015 in July 2013 Moms
Me: 35  H: 35
Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
that place where you can still remember dreaming?
That's where I will always love you.  
That's where I'll be waiting."
~Peter Pan 

*TW*
BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 

Have you spent a night away from LO yet? 123 votes

Yes
55% 68 votes
no
44% 55 votes
Sleeping snowflake
0% 0 votes

Re: Have you spent a night away from LO yet?

• DH has been away overnight, but I have not. I am lucky to have found a job that has set hours and requires zero travel.
  • I've been away over two weekends, two nights each. It was a little weird but I enjoyed my recharge time. Coming home to DH and E was the best. And they did fine without me.
  • Loading the player...
  • My parents have DS for two weeks right now.  It was supposed to be a week, but something came up and they couldn't bring him back until this weekend.  I miss him sooooooo much! 
  • redhead610redhead610 member
    edited January 2015
    Twice together, each for one night for weddings. DH has also been away on business a few times.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
  • Yes. DH and I have been away a handful of times without E. Maybe even more.
  • Yep. It's never been as great as I thought it might be. I can't ever sleep through the night or sleep in. I don't mind going out for the evening but I like to be home to sleep with my little guy. 
  • I have not. I'm thinking of planning a getaway weekend for DH's 30th in June. It's scary but I think it'll be great for everyone.

• I've only been away one night for work last March. DH has never been.
  • atlvolatlvol member
    edited January 2015
    Yes.  One night on Valentine's Day weekend last year, MH had my parents come in and we went to a hotel (so I could come back if I couldn't handle it).  I also had a work trip that DH tagged along to, that we extended, so we were both away for 5 nights last August/Sept.  
  • C has slept the night at my mom's quite a few times. If we need a babysitter, she prefers that he just stay the night there, instead of her putting him to bed here. 

He loves it, and we don't mind. 
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Twice DH have spent a night away together. Once was just dinner and a night at a nearby hotel for our anniversary and the other was tacking on a night to a work trip so DH and I could explore New Orleans. One time my parents watched her the other time my ILs watched her.
    DH is away 1-3 nights/week on average and has been since she was 3 weeks old.
    I travel less often but when I travel it's generally for about a week. I have done 3 one week trips at this point plus a couple of shorter domestic trips, and have some more travel coming up at the end of the month. So far I know I'll be going to Tanzania, the DR and South Africa in 2015. When I travel DH usually gets one of the grandparents to come visit for at least part of the week.
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • anr02 said:

My parents have DS for two weeks right now.  It was supposed to be a week, but something came up and they couldn't bring him back until this weekend.  I miss him sooooooo much! 

Aw I'm sorry, that would be really tough! >:D<
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • He's stayed with DH's grandma several times overnight. He loves spending time with her. I also went on a trip to float the river last summer and he stayed with DH.
  • 2 weeks away when Dad had his stroke & I had to go to Baltimore.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• DH and I have only been away for one night together. I was at a conference for a week in October. I hated being away from them before we weaned, though. It's much easier now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Not yet, but I am going to ask my sister to watch her overnight in the next few weeks so DH and I can have a fancy date night/hotel stay before LO #2 gets here. 
     AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

F15 Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most After Baby Arrives: BELLY SLEEPING!

photo c433cf4d-aa40-443c-af77-110275d91d89.jpg
  • I've probably had 4-5 work trips since DS was born, so yes. DH and I have also been away together once for just a night. DH has to travel internationally for work and has been on multiple trips that were 1-2 weeks long.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yep, for a total of 3 nights, once just a single night and once for 2. When we found out we were pregnant again we decided we needed to practice him staying at Grandma's because we expect at least a night or two in the hospital and wanted him to be used to it. He did great all 3 nights! In fact we might ask for one more before this little girl gets here next month :)
    imageView Full Size Image

• We have a couple times. She always stays with my parents. They love having her!

• H and I have had a handful of nights together without Ben. I've never left Ben with H overnight. The only time H left Ben with me overnight was when he was in the hospital last winter.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • I shipped both kids out to my mom's on New year's Eve. It was his first slumber party.
  • Nope. All family lives out of state. DH has been away on business trips though. I have an opportunity to go to Florida in a couple weeks for a work conference but I said no. Still nursing to sleep every other night.
    There are three reasons for breast-feeding: the milk is always at the right temperature; it comes in attractive containers; and the cat can't get it.  ~Irena Chalmers
  • I spent 4 nights in the hospital last February, went overseas for a week in September, and just spent our FIRST really voluntary night apart on New Year's Eve. :)
  • Quite a few times, for work. Started traveling again for work when he was four months old :( I do NOT miss traveling with my trusty pump! DH and I spent one night away from the boys for a wedding in November (they were at his mom's, in the same town as us). We are actually going to Mexico for almost a week in March--his mom is coming here to stay with them. I am a little nervous about leaving the country without them, for 5-6 nights, but I think it will be good for DH and I to have some time to decompress and reconnect. The stress of a toddler and a threenager has been getting to us lately.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I think you all know my answer.  All. The. Time.

Bonus: 

• DH has been away overnight two times, one night each, for hunting.  I haven't been away overnight.  Probably the first time will be when this baby is born and I already have all the anxiety about it.
  • DH and I have had a few nights to ourselves. But one night at a time. Nothing for a long period. When I had surgery in may it was 2 nights but I got to see her for a little bit during the day before she went from grandma #1 to grandma #2
    July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Anniversary
  • I have never left DD over night. DH has because of work trips and he hates having to travel for work.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • chiboo9 said:

I've only been away one night for work last March. DH has never been.

But you got your baby fill meeting Charlotte right :x that was so fun @chiboo9‌ !!

imageimageimage

• Dani428 said:

chiboo9 said:

I've only been away one night for work last March. DH has never been.

But you got your baby fill meeting Charlotte right :x that was so fun @chiboo9‌ !!
    I want in on this next time!! @chiboo9‌ & @Dani428‌!
  • Nope. I just can't see it happening anytime soon.
  • dinomama13dinomama13 member
    edited January 2015
    2 nights back to back because I was admitted in the hospital last week. One of them being New Years Eve. Influenza sucks.

ETA Totally forgot about my week long hospital stay when he was a week old cause of my c section infection.

image image

BFP: 12/01/2012      EDD: 07/26/2013    Birthday: 07/25/2013 

• I've been away for 1-2 nights a few times - once with H. I hate leaving her overnight, especially two in a row. I prefer to go out in the evening and come home to sleep in the same house.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"