Have you spent a night away from LO yet? — The Bump
July 2013 Moms

Have you spent a night away from LO yet?

coco2787coco2787 member
5000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer
edited January 2015 in July 2013 Moms

Have you spent a night away from LO yet? 123 votes

Yes
55% 68 votes
no
44% 55 votes
Sleeping snowflake
0% 0 votes
Me: 32  H: 32
Married: 4/5/13
Hoping for our rainbow 

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
that place where you can still remember dreaming?
That's where I will always love you.  
That's where I'll be waiting."
~Peter Pan 

*TW*
BFP #1: 11/12/12   Baby boy: 7/27/13
BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
BFP #4 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
BFP #5 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/19/19  <3  It's a girl!

Re: Have you spent a night away from LO yet?

• DH has been away overnight, but I have not. I am lucky to have found a job that has set hours and requires zero travel.
  • I've been away over two weekends, two nights each. It was a little weird but I enjoyed my recharge time. Coming home to DH and E was the best. And they did fine without me.

• My parents have DS for two weeks right now.  It was supposed to be a week, but something came up and they couldn't bring him back until this weekend.  I miss him sooooooo much! 
  • redhead610redhead610 member
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary Photogenic
    edited January 2015
    Twice together, each for one night for weddings. DH has also been away on business a few times.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
  • Yes. DH and I have been away a handful of times without E. Maybe even more.
  • Yep. It's never been as great as I thought it might be. I can't ever sleep through the night or sleep in. I don't mind going out for the evening but I like to be home to sleep with my little guy. 
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]Link7913
  • I have not. I'm thinking of planning a getaway weekend for DH's 30th in June. It's scary but I think it'll be great for everyone.

• I've only been away one night for work last March. DH has never been.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • atlvolatlvol member
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    Yes.  One night on Valentine's Day weekend last year, MH had my parents come in and we went to a hotel (so I could come back if I couldn't handle it).  I also had a work trip that DH tagged along to, that we extended, so we were both away for 5 nights last August/Sept.  

• C has slept the night at my mom's quite a few times. If we need a babysitter, she prefers that he just stay the night there, instead of her putting him to bed here. 

He loves it, and we don't mind. 
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Twice DH have spent a night away together. Once was just dinner and a night at a nearby hotel for our anniversary and the other was tacking on a night to a work trip so DH and I could explore New Orleans. One time my parents watched her the other time my ILs watched her.
    DH is away 1-3 nights/week on average and has been since she was 3 weeks old.
    I travel less often but when I travel it's generally for about a week. I have done 3 one week trips at this point plus a couple of shorter domestic trips, and have some more travel coming up at the end of the month. So far I know I'll be going to Tanzania, the DR and South Africa in 2015. When I travel DH usually gets one of the grandparents to come visit for at least part of the week.
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • anr02 said:

My parents have DS for two weeks right now.  It was supposed to be a week, but something came up and they couldn't bring him back until this weekend.  I miss him sooooooo much! 

Aw I'm sorry, that would be really tough! >:D<
    Me: 32  H: 32
    Married: 4/5/13
    Hoping for our rainbow 

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12   Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/19/19  <3  It's a girl!
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]Stacey099MRads
  • He's stayed with DH's grandma several times overnight. He loves spending time with her. I also went on a trip to float the river last summer and he stayed with DH.
  • 2 weeks away when Dad had his stroke & I had to go to Baltimore.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

DenverBride2005
  • DH and I have only been away for one night together. I was at a conference for a week in October. I hated being away from them before we weaned, though. It's much easier now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Not yet, but I am going to ask my sister to watch her overnight in the next few weeks so DH and I can have a fancy date night/hotel stay before LO #2 gets here. 
     AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

F15 Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most After Baby Arrives: BELLY SLEEPING!

photo c433cf4d-aa40-443c-af77-110275d91d89.jpg
    [Deleted User]
  • I've probably had 4-5 work trips since DS was born, so yes. DH and I have also been away together once for just a night. DH has to travel internationally for work and has been on multiple trips that were 1-2 weeks long.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yep, for a total of 3 nights, once just a single night and once for 2. When we found out we were pregnant again we decided we needed to practice him staying at Grandma's because we expect at least a night or two in the hospital and wanted him to be used to it. He did great all 3 nights! In fact we might ask for one more before this little girl gets here next month :)
    imageView Full Size Image

[Deleted User]coco2787JTA2426
  • We have a couple times. She always stays with my parents. They love having her!

• H and I have had a handful of nights together without Ben. I've never left Ben with H overnight. The only time H left Ben with me overnight was when he was in the hospital last winter.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • I shipped both kids out to my mom's on New year's Eve. It was his first slumber party.
  • Nope. All family lives out of state. DH has been away on business trips though. I have an opportunity to go to Florida in a couple weeks for a work conference but I said no. Still nursing to sleep every other night.
    There are three reasons for breast-feeding: the milk is always at the right temperature; it comes in attractive containers; and the cat can't get it.  ~Irena Chalmers
  • I spent 4 nights in the hospital last February, went overseas for a week in September, and just spent our FIRST really voluntary night apart on New Year's Eve. :)
  • Quite a few times, for work. Started traveling again for work when he was four months old :( I do NOT miss traveling with my trusty pump! DH and I spent one night away from the boys for a wedding in November (they were at his mom's, in the same town as us). We are actually going to Mexico for almost a week in March--his mom is coming here to stay with them. I am a little nervous about leaving the country without them, for 5-6 nights, but I think it will be good for DH and I to have some time to decompress and reconnect. The stress of a toddler and a threenager has been getting to us lately.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I think you all know my answer.  All. The. Time.

Bonus: 

grapeskittles4lyfeDenverBride2005Stacey099martyn17
  • DH has been away overnight two times, one night each, for hunting.  I haven't been away overnight.  Probably the first time will be when this baby is born and I already have all the anxiety about it.
  • DH and I have had a few nights to ourselves. But one night at a time. Nothing for a long period. When I had surgery in may it was 2 nights but I got to see her for a little bit during the day before she went from grandma #1 to grandma #2
    July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Anniversary
  • I have never left DD over night. DH has because of work trips and he hates having to travel for work.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • chiboo9 said:

I've only been away one night for work last March. DH has never been.

But you got your baby fill meeting Charlotte right :x that was so fun @chiboo9‌ !!

imageimageimage

• Dani428 said:

chiboo9 said:

I've only been away one night for work last March. DH has never been.

But you got your baby fill meeting Charlotte right :x that was so fun @chiboo9‌ !!
    I want in on this next time!! @chiboo9‌ & @Dani428‌!
    Dani428
  • Nope. I just can't see it happening anytime soon.
  • dinomama13dinomama13 member
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Answers 500 Love Its 1000 Comments
    edited January 2015
    2 nights back to back because I was admitted in the hospital last week. One of them being New Years Eve. Influenza sucks.

ETA Totally forgot about my week long hospital stay when he was a week old cause of my c section infection.

image image

BFP: 12/01/2012      EDD: 07/26/2013    Birthday: 07/25/2013 

• I've been away for 1-2 nights a few times - once with H. I hate leaving her overnight, especially two in a row. I prefer to go out in the evening and come home to sleep in the same house.