July 2015 Moms
Options

Panorama Test Results?

Did anybody else get their blood drawn for the panorama test just before Christmas? Any results yet? It'll be two weeks tomorrow, and the suspense is making me a teensy bit crazy. I'm deciding if I should call and bother the doctor today, even though it's a super busy Monday, or if I should wait until tomorrow?

Re: Panorama Test Results?

• Options
    yes-- i got mine drawn on christmas eve, and they didn't have the results back yet (i was at the doctor this morning). they said they'd probably have them wednesday.

my doctor does the traditional screening bloodwork in addition to the fetal free DNA testing, so they already had that bloodwork back and said it looked fine. do you know if your doctor is still doing the older testing, too? they'd probably have those results back already.
  • Options
    I did and I got the call about 10 days later.  They told me two weeks too when I got the blood drawn.  I'd call them to check to see if they got anything-can't hurt!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had my blood drawn on 12/22 for my Panorama testing.  I finally caved and called my OB's office this afternoon; they still don't have the results.  I wasn't questioning that too much until I saw 7-10 CALENDAR days listed on the Panorama website.  Seems like even with the holidays- they should be getting them soon.  

I'm on pins and needles in the meantime!  I didn't expect a result prior to today, but really, really am anxious to hear!
  • Options
    I had mine drawn 12/16, no results yet. It is driving me crazy!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats on your healthy baby boy! @traceface2‌ and good luck to all the ladies still waiting!
  • Options
    OMG ME!!! I had mine the monday before Christmas, they said a week but now Im getting so nervous.  I hope its just the holidays backing them up.
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• Options
    I guess putting it out in the universe made the stars align. I had my blood drawn 12/23, and the OB JUST called me and let me know everything is fine, showing low risks, and it's a boy. I have a 4-year old girl, and all of the big stuff was gender specific. I can't wait to go shopping! 

I didn't have the traditional screening yet. From what I understand, the traditional screening will only tell risk-factors as well, and the cell-free DNA has more accurate risk factors for the chromosomal abnormalities. I will still have it done later to check for non-chromosomal stuff, but I think that's between 16 and 20 weeks.
    A healthy baby boy such great news! congrats!
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• Options
    Thanks everybody! Good luck and let me know what you find out.
  • Options
    I had mine on the 23rd and it took a full 2 weeks for results.  They said it would likely be delayed because of the holidays. 

Married - April 2014  |  Miscarriage - June 2014
    BFP - Oct 2014 - was scheduled for IVF, but discovered we did it naturally instead! - first baby!  EDD July 8

image  image
  • Options
    I had the Harmony test on the 23 and just got my test results in yesterday the 5th. Everything was good & I found out it's a boy!
  • Options
    I had mine done on the 15th and got the results on the 31st.  The holidays slowed everything down.  But when they werent in on the 30th, my nurse called and asked for them to be done ASAP.  Low risk baby girl.  
  • Options
    Ugh. I had mine done on December 30th and I haven't been waiting very long but I wish it would come back faster!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Mine was not around the holidays, but I had mine drawn on a Monday and I called the lab the following Tuesday and they had faxed my results to the doc the previous day. However, had I not mentioned it to the doc (had an appt that day anyway), I would have been waiting a while. They had to search for it.
    Me - 26 
    DH - 27

TTC #1 since July 2014
    BFP! Oct 18, EDD July 2, 2015

It's a GIRL!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I did mine on the 27th and nothing yet. Waiting is hard!!! Yesterday my genetic counsellor said probably by the end of the week or early next week.
  • Options
    The wait is killer but usually you have had the NT by now, which if that is normal than your results will more than likely be normal.
  • Options
    I'm sure I'm driving my doctor nuts, but I called to check today :)  My results are back (low risk for everything), but they said the gender results would take an additional two days.  Hence...why they hadn't called yet.  

The low risk is obviously the more important part, but I can't wait to find out the gender.  
  • Options
    DocTaco said:
    I had my blood drawn last Monday (12/29) and got a call first thing this morning. I was mid dirty diaper change and wasn't expecting to hear until next week! Healthy baby brother for my DS :)
    @DocTaco - I got my blood drawn on the same date. Which company/test did you use? I'm so eager to find out everything!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats on your healthy baby boy OP!!! Be sure to announcere sex in our "Announce the Sex" thread!!!
    This signature is all for YOU. I'm on mobile and can't see crap.
    MMC EDD: 1/5/2015  D&C: 5/31/14
    MC    EDD: 4/21/15 Lost: 8/24/14
    BFP for my Rainbow!! 11/6/14
    EDD: 7/20/15

• Options
    I had mine done on 12/19 and found out on 1/5. It can take a while due to the holidays. Everything is normal and we're having a girl! I'm ecstatic!!!! I'm a FTM.
  • Options
    I just called (tested on Dec. 30th) and they said that blood was only picked up Mon, Wed, Friday and with Wednesday being New Years Eve they weren't sure it was picked up so it might have went out on Friday! So we are a week into it and it might have only been sent out 2 days ago. Urgh, I guess I won't be finding out this week.

• Options
    We did Informaseq on 12/23, was told it would take 10 days but they didn't specify calendar or business days, just said the holidays would slow them down. Got the results yesterday, healthy BOY! :)
  • Options
    Drawn on 12/29 and I check every day. Luckily (or unluckily) I work in the hospital where I'm seen so I have access to my records. I limit checking morning and afternoon. Still nothing. :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I got my results as I was reading this!!!! It's all low risk an it's a girl!!!!! Ahhhhh!! Now just to figure out a way to surprise DH tonight :)
  • Options
    I had my blood drawn on 12/16 and my OB's office called this morning and told me that the lab never ran the specimen due to an error with the specimen. I am so mother effing mad and upset! I have a family history of persons with cognitive impairment (mental retardation) and have been waiting and anxiously wondering for 3 weeks for nothing!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    amc1087 said:
    DocTaco said:
    I had my blood drawn last Monday (12/29) and got a call first thing this morning. I was mid dirty diaper change and wasn't expecting to hear until next week! Healthy baby brother for my DS :)
    @DocTaco - I got my blood drawn on the same date. Which company/test did you use? I'm so eager to find out everything!
    My OB does Verifi by Progenity.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had my test done on 1/2 and I heard back on 1/8 that unfortunately there wasn't enough baby DNA in my sample and they couldn't do the test :(  Now I'm considering whether to do the other tests but guessing now i won't be able to find out gender until 20 weeks?
  • Options
    @allisonatroy‌ can't they just repeat the test?
  • Options
    @babymcdonnell2015  There are different names for the same testing. Maternit21, Harmony, Panorama, Verifi, etc depending on what your office offers.

Some insurances cover the majority of the costs, the others don't so you would need to call. Some have limitations like you have to be high risk or over a certain age.

My doctor let us know it was an option and we did the blood test for Verifi.

• Options
    draeraydraeray member
    edited January 2015
    @babymcdonnell2015 I can tell you that the tests are relatively new. My first child is turning 2 next month and it wasn't available for him when I was pregnant at the time.

You could call your office and ask them what test they offer and then set up an appointment. They are available, maybe they haven't made it a routine to start telling their patients about them or maybe they flat out forgot to mention it.

• Options
    Insurance won't pay for the NIPT unless you are over the age of 35 or have a family history of genetic disorders. If you do not fall into those categories you are not the target demographic for the testing and your OB probably won't mention them. The tests cost around $2000.
  • Options
    @michmoms I'm not high risk nor am I over 35 and my test is costing $25.00.

• Options
    Had mine done on 12/23 got a call on 1/7 everything is fine "low risk" and baby boy :x
  • Options
    I had my blood drawn on the 29th and got results Monday, 8 days later. I would call. A friend of mine had results lost somehow and needed they needed to be resent from Panorama.
  • Options
    The cost for Panorama is $795 USD. In Canada it's only available if you pay out of pocket, you are over 35, carry an chromosomal disorder or tested positive on CVS or Amnio. I wasn't aware of it until a met with a genetic counsellor because I have a chromosomal disorder and considered 'high-risk'. In the U.S. It is covered by some insurance plans but not all.
  • Options
    I live in Melbourne Australia. And did the verifi test. It cost $600, out of pocket. My preggy colleagues did Harmony, same test different provider. Took about 2 weeks to get results back bc we have to ship to US for testing. I wish I would have gotten some Money back, but still happy we did it bc I wanted to know the sex so bad. It's a boy!
  • Options
    I had mine the Monday before NYE and I caved and called Friday and they still had nothing back yet either. I'm REALLY hoping they have the results by my Dr. Apt on Tuesday. It is KILLING me! I have friends that got there's back so much quicker but I think with the holidays they must be a little backed up, I feel better after reading this that I am not the only one! Lindsay #12weekstoday #pinsandneedles
  • Options
    yeah I had no idea about these tests either! My OB didn't mention them at all. I am going to see my MFM on Friday for a first tri screen/NT test. I'm thinking they may bring it up there. I think these are all relatively new?! I don't remember it from my first pregnancy and I think I was screened for everything under the sun since I'm high risk. We have very good insurance, so we will do the test as long as it's covered. I can't see spending hundreds of dollars out of pocket just to find out the gender a few weeks early and I'm pretty comfortable we are on the lower risk for chromosomal and genetic d/o's since we had genetic testing done right before we conceived and weren't carriers for anything.
  • Options
    I had my blood drawn on 12/22 and my doctor is not telling us till our next appointment on 1/19. I could probably call but one more week isn't going to kill me...but I am very anxious to get the results. Good luck everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"