Rants/Raves/Etc: 
GTKY: How did you and your SO meet?

Re: **TWW Wednesday**

• rayschickyrayschicky member
    edited January 2015
    Cycle/Month: 4/5
    CD/DPO: 19/5
    Timing: -4,-2,-1,O

Testing Plans: Probably on Monday at 10DPO (LP is only 10 days) 1/2 way there!
    Rants/Raves/Etc: rave is that my stuffed nose is pretty much gone. rant is that my throat is now killing me - definitely a better deal though lol 

GTKY: How did you and your SO meet. He was friends with my older brother - we met when we played on my brother's baseball team together in a tournament at the local summer festival. He got deployed 4 weeks later but we got together when he got back the following summer :)

ETA - fx for you @cnf2013 - you're not out yet!

TTGP Jan Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails

Workout FAIL!. .. actually about 1% of the male population CAN

So THAT's how you get into baby-making position!

imageDjhffrz4XcU3vY8JaKJ0mg2KTyzMU4IW_lg.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • Good luck @cnf2013‌, you're not out until you're out! Your story of how you met your H is adorable!
    12/2007  Engaged  *  1/2010 Married  *  2/2014 Started TTC
    4/2014 1st BFP  *  8/2014 Caleb Emmanuel became an angel  *  11/2014 Started TTC Again
    1/2015 BFP * 9/21/2015  EDD 

• Fx for you @cnf2013‌ !

Cycle/Month: 3/4

CD/DPO: 39/8

Timing: -3, -2

Testing Plans: Sunday or Monday possibly.

Rants/Raves/Etc: nothing at the moment.

We met at a WHL hockey game. He was a friend of my little sister. We're both fairly shy so she "made" him ask for my number. We started texting... I asked him on a date and here we are almost 5 years later.
    Married since 9-27-14 
    TTC since Oct 2014
  • @cnf2013 sorry for the BFN 
    @rufus426 I'm glad you had a good experience at the RE and the insurance thing worked out!

Cycle/Month: 5

CD/DPO: 18/5 FF changed my O day

Timing: now terrible! -4

Testing Plans: not till AF is due

Rants/Raves/Etc: I am mad FF moved my cross hairs... now timing is terrible and my hope for this cycle went way down. I know I am still not out till AF but we shall see.

GTKY: How did you and your SO meet? Mutual friend, his friend attended my college and DH was visiting him and we met when he was visiting.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTGP December siggy challenge
    workout fail

Married 5/22/10, DD born 8/24/11, ttc #2 sept '14
     5wks

• Cycle/Month: 5 (3 AL)/7

CD/DPO: 30/11

Timing: -1, O

Testing Plans: tomorrow

Rants/Raves/Etc: I just don't think this was our month. My chart is the prettiest it's ever been and I know it doesn't mean crap. I'm expecting my period this weekend when I go to visit my family :(

GTKY: How did you and your SO meet? Marching band in college. And yes, we hear "this one time at band camp" ALL the time.

image  image 

BFP #1 11/26/2012, EDD 8/7/2013, Elise Anne born 8/1/2013
    BFP #2 8/21/2014, EDD 4/11/2015, M/C 9w5d, D&C 9/17/2014
  • Ooooo I'll play here now!

Cycle/Month: 5/5

CD/DPO:  23/6

Timing: -5, -1

Testing Plans: None yet.  At least not before AF is due

Rants/Raves/Etc: Meh.  Snow.  We're venturing out today but the windchill is going to be below freezing I think.

GTKY: How did you and your SO meet?  Boring - just had some mutual friends.
  • Cycle/Month: 4/4

CD/DPO: 23/8

Timing: Pretty good

Testing Plans: Not until missed period

Rants/Raves/Etc: My boobs aren't as sore this morning as they were yesterday so that's nice I don't have to walk around holding them all day. I'm getting close to when I tested last month and saw my squinter. It's making me really nervous because I want to test early but I don't want to see something and then have it end like it did last month. It's a total emotional roller coaster. I've been going back and forth trying to decide if testing on 13dpo would be better. I think that's what I might end up doing.

One of my sorority sisters grew up with him and introduced us my senior year of college. I had just gotten out of a really bad relationship so I was in know state to date. So after meeting him one night out with a group of friends, I decided that it wouldn't be so bad to talk to him and hang out. After a couple of group get togethers, he asked me out to dinner and it was all done from then on.

Love: April 2012
    Married: November 23, 2013
    TTC #1 September 2014
    **BFP January 12th 2015  EDD September 22nd 2015**
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @cnf2013 Thanks so much for this GTKY - this is actually one of my favorite questions to ask couples!

@alexkylee Our LOs have the same birthday! Were you on the July 2013 bump board as well?

Cycle/Month: 5/4
    CD/DPO: 23/9
    Timing: Good

Testing Plans: This Sat if no AF by then, but not optimistic as temps have plummeted 4 days in a row.
    Rants/Raves/Etc: 
    GTKY: How did you and your SO meet? At a mutual friend's housewarming/leap year day party on Feb. 29, 2008. I saw this tall, nerdy drink of water enter the party and thought he was so cute! I cornered him and the rest ... is history!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since September 2014

My Ovulation Chart 

• loisloan1118loisloan1118 member
    edited January 2015

Cycle/Month: 1

CD/DPO: 24/6

Timing: -2, O

Testing Plans: I was silly and tested yesterday afternoon.  Obv BFN.  I reached for a test this morning but was able to stop myself.  I'll test Sat or Sun morning. 

Rants/Raves/Etc: Well, that whole testing at 5 DPO is pretty crazy.  I've been a little more emotional than usual.  I get a little weepy & extremely bitchy 2-3 days before AF.  This it's much earlier than usual. 

GTKY: How did you and your SO meet?  We worked together at a music store.  He was the boss, we dated on the DL for a couple of months before I got a new job.  We later found out that everyone knew.  oh well!

ETA: Sorry about the BFN  @cnf2013.  FX for you!

• hovenb said:
    @Ali_P7 First month trying can be exciting to test, but I wouldn't even think of testing until at least 8 dpo, even that is a stretch.  Implantation takes 7-10 days so it is pretty much impossible to get a positive test at 6 days.  If you go into the newbie blog, it shows HPT accuracy.  It only starts at 10dpo which shows only 35% being accurate.  Trying to save you some money!

Thanks @hovenb I do appreciate the advice :)

The craziest part is: I've read the newbie blog & have been lurking here since March when I thought maybe I was pg (so I've seen the accuracy chart as a response in many threads).  I know there's no way to get an accurate result on 6 DPO.  And yet, I simply couldn't stop myself from peeing on that stick!  I'd better get my "TWW craziness" in check or this will be a loooong journey!

• Sorry for the BFN, @cnf2013 - fx you're not out this month! (Love the GTKY question, too!)

Cycle/Month: 11 

CD/DPO: 24/9 

Timing: -2,-1,O,+1 

Testing Plans: Not until next week

Rants/Raves/Etc: I couldn't temp today because our dog woke me up once an our from 1-4, when MH's alarm went off (he doesn't usually have to go to work that early), and what sleep I got from 4 to 6:30 was nowhere near good enough to think my temp would be accurate. I know we're all still adjusting to my BIL moving out (BIL usually got home from work after midnight and would be up a while so he'd take care of the dog if he had to go outside), but still.

We met at a bar. He was there with his coworkers for happy hour, I was at the same bar with mine. Turns out one of my coworkers is an old friend of his, so she introduced us. He would occasionally leave his coworkers to chat with us, and eventually just ditched them entirely to hang. Funny thing is, the mutual friend wanted to set me up with his brother, who was going to be joining him later in the evening. :P

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.
    Follow your heart, kid, and you'll never go wrong."
    ~The Sandlot

TTGP January Signature Challenge: Workout Fails
    The Simpsons

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @14joa31‌, I was actually on the Aug13 board since I was due 8/7. I'm not going to lie, I did lurk quite a bit on the July13 BMB.

image  image 

BFP #1 11/26/2012, EDD 8/7/2013, Elise Anne born 8/1/2013
    BFP #2 8/21/2014, EDD 4/11/2015, M/C 9w5d, D&C 9/17/2014
  • @longhornwino0907 That's awesome! I had my account set up for only in the US. When I switched it to a worldwide search he was one of the first guys to appear. He had almost nothing in his profile (which I later learned is just because he doesn't really say much) but it seemed real. And then I saw his pictures and I was like, "Well, I guess I can reply to the wink." Glad I did!
    Married: July 2014
    Me: 33  DH: 33 (He's a couple months older, love to rib him about that)
    TTC #1: December 2014
  • Cycle/Month: 3
    CD/DPO: 8 dpo
    Timing: -3, -2
    Testing Plans: Not sure
    Rants/Raves/Etc: Bright red spotting this morning. Obviously hopeful it could be implantation but it doesn't seem likely. I've had long LPs up until now, so I'm hoping it's at least just spotting for a few more days! My temps look ok, but I haven't been sleeping well the past two nights so I'm not even confident in those. Meh. 
    GTKY: How did you and your SO meet? We met in high school. We didn't start dating until later, but we've known each other since high school. 
  • Cycle/Month: 2
    CD/DPO: 26cd/13dpo
    Timing: -2, 0, +1
    Testing Plans: was trying to wait until this weekend when af was due but may be testing tomorrow
    Rants/Raves/Etc: TMI...had a bit of spotting yesterday when wiping and am going to get HPT after work today to test either tonight or tomorrow morning...please chartstalk me please.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5525ef
    GTKY: How did you and your SO meet? we were set up by mutual friends on a blind date who thought we were perfect for each other.  I agreed if they would never set me up on another blind date again.  7 months later we were engaged and got married 2 years later.  Have been married 10 years this coming summer.
    Married: 6/11/05- TTC #1 since October 2014

• 14whitney said:
    @longhornwino0907 That's awesome! I had my account set up for only in the US. When I switched it to a worldwide search he was one of the first guys to appear. He had almost nothing in his profile which I later learned is just because he doesn't really say much) but it seemed real. And then I saw his pictures and I was like, "Well, I guess I can reply to the wink." Glad I did!
    LOL I read that as "had almost nothing on in his profile picture"
    @14whitney, you dirty minded person!   ;)
    4/2014 1st BFP  *  8/2014 Caleb Emmanuel became an angel  *  11/2014 Started TTC Again

• Cycle/Month: 4/4

CD/DPO: 32/13 based on patterns from previous months.

Timing: Decent, but not perfect.

Testing Plans: I will wait till Sunday if AF does show by them.

Rants/Raves/Chartstalks: I am getting anxious about getting a BFN/AF again this cycle. I hate that feeling. I really want to be pregnant... obviously lol

GTKY: How you and your SO meet? We met in our first class at college. We were both music majors and were in the same music theory class. We didnt start dating until sophmore year and 5 1/2 years later we will married a year in March.

• 14whitney said:
    @longhornwino0907 That's awesome! I had my account set up for only in the US. When I switched it to a worldwide search he was one of the first guys to appear. He had almost nothing in his profile which I later learned is just because he doesn't really say much) but it seemed real. And then I saw his pictures and I was like, "Well, I guess I can reply to the wink." Glad I did!
    LOL I read that as "had almost nothing on in his profile picture"
    Hahaha. Well, there were a couple pictures with him with some short bathing suit shorts on and nothing else. Does that count? That *may* have influenced my desire to message him a little. They were cough nice cough photos.
  • Lbear94Lbear94 member
    edited January 2015

Testing Plans: Jan 8/15

Rants/Raves/Etc: When women who have had TTTC get pregnant and all of a suddenly are full of complaints about being pregnant (the acne, the bloating, sensitive smell, unable to drink coffee/wine/cold cuts of meat etc..) and how hard it is..... BE THANKFUL! Many women would give ANYTHING to be in your shoes.. morning sickness and all. ~~ rant over :)

He knew who I was through my older brothers.. we ran into each other at a bar and he asked me to dance, we partied and stayed up all night. The next day, he surprised me and dropped off breakfast and a coffee at my work (knowing how hung over I would be) and asked me out for dinner that night. We've been BF's ever since <3<3

• So I think I'm probably out.  Just got some brown spotting in my underwear... but none when I wiped.  Oh well, I figure AF in the next few days is inevitable now, at least I have a clue now and the crazy can disapate.

• Sorry to hear that @mrsemutavi

• Lbear94 said:

Testing Plans: Jan 8/15

Rants/Raves/Etc: When women who have had TTTC get pregnant and all of a suddenly are full of complaints about being pregnant (the acne, the bloating, sensitive smell, unable to drink coffee/wine/cold cuts of meat etc..) and how hard it is..... BE THANKFUL! Many women would give ANYTHING to be in your shoes.. morning sickness and all. ~~ rant over :)

He knew who I was through my older brothers.. we ran into each other at a bar and he asked me to dance, we partied and stayed up all night. The next day, he surprised me and dropped off breakfast and a coffee at my work (knowing how hung over I would be) and asked me out for dinner that night. We've been BF's ever since <3<3

Jic
    Princess- 5yo  

MC- 13w 12/14/10

Dare Devil- 3yo 

MC- 8w 01/18/12 

Wheezy and sneezy- 1yo

MC- 7w 11/29/13

TTC #5 since 7/14

CP- 12/27/14 confirmed 12/29/14
    Benched until further notice

• Sarah77361Sarah77361 member
    edited January 2015

​Hi, guys I am a newbie so this is my fist time participated on the TWW thread

Cycle: 2

CD/DPO: 20/7

Timing: Not great, O

Testing Plans: Probably Sat (10 DPO)

Rants/Raves/Etc: H got the flu a few days leading up to ovulation!! So that really messed up our timing. I am new to temping (so if you would like to chart stalk please go right a head) I also have dotted CH so I am hoping FF got it right this is my first month temping. I didn’t realize how much waking up at different times affects your temp. So I started setting an alarm on the weekends and my off days so that I could temp at the same time and that seemed to even out the crazy temps and open circles. I think I have it all worked out now. Not really feeling much of anything. I thought for sure I was pregnant last cycle even got a false positive so I am not playing into symptom spotting at ALL this go around.

GTKY: We are high school sweethearts. We started dating in 9th grade and separated for a few years, got back together as seniors and the rest is history!!

Me: 28 DH:27

Married my highschool Sweetheart: 05/16/2009

BFP # 1 11/16/11- EDD: 08/02/2012- Sweet Baby Girl Born: 07/29/2012

Started TTC baby #2: December 2014

My Ovulation Chart

• Cycle/Month: 4

CD/DPO: 28/7

Timing: not good...-3

Testing Plans: none. Ok- Sunday.

Rants/Raves/Etc: based on my last few cycles (post BCP, not temping) AF was due today. So glad I'm temping or else I would have turned into one of those 'zomg I'm two days late am I totes prego?!'

We went to high school together and were good friends. He dated a few of my really close friends but lost touch after HS. Ran into each other randomly years later and started hanging out but then lost touch again. He called me out of the blue one day a year later and that's the day I knew I was going to marry him. He proposed after we'd been dating for three months, and we just celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary.
  • Cycle/Month: 4/5

CD/DPO: 26/6

Timing: -4, -2, 0

Testing Plans: eh, maybe next week

Rants/Raves/Etc: Jury duty this week.

NYE 2008/2009, my sister and I were at her boyfriends house party. I noticed a skinny guy in a blue hoodie walking around and singing along to Sweet Caroline. I told my sister I thought he was cute. Her boyfriend set us up on a 'semi' blind date for January 2nd. We've been together since then.

DH 28, Me 28
    TTC September 2014
    Moderate-Severe Endo
    Hypothyroidism
    Surgery 2/10- successful

• Cycle/Month: 8/9 (2/3 AL)
    CD/DPO: 52/4
    Timing: O-4, O
    Testing Plans: None to speak of.
    Rants/Raves/Etc: Nada.
    GTKY: How did you and your SO meet? We met through meetup.com. Best decision ever. 

Married: June 25, 2011 
    Our beautiful girl came into our lives October 15, 2012 
    TFAS: March 2014 
    BFP #2 July 2014 Miscarriage (6 weeks) August 2014 
    BFP #3 September 2014 Chemical Pregnancy September 2014 
    Seeing the RE: February 2015 
    Diagnosis PCOS: February 2015

BFP #4 April 2015 Chemical Pregnancy April 2015
    BFP #5 June 2015 EDD: 3/5/16
    Our rainbow baby came into our lives February 27, 2016
    BFP #6 January 2018 Miscarriage (7 weeks) February 2018
    BFP #7 April 2018 EDD: 12/23/18

• alexkylee said:
    Lbear94 said:

nandaboob06, this is pretty shitty. Hyperemesis gravidarum is real. Some women are in the hospital every day getting fluids because they can't eat or drink anything. They are risking their health for their precious bundle and not one of them would say they aren't thankful. I don't wish ill on you, but this is a ridiculous statement.
    A good friend of mine was so sick during her second pregnancy that she couldn't care for her first daughter. I don't think her complaints were off base...

Kind of seems like we should all be supporting each other regardless of how long it takes for someone to conceive and how easy/hard the pregnancy is.
  • Lurking...

@rufus426 I'm so glad your RE appointment went well. He/she sounds like a keeper!

expatmama11

Hey @thechickencoop, I'm just curious, what's with the big temp drop for you today?

No clue.  I'm thinking I need a new thermometer because I've had quite a few 97.0 EXACTLY this cycle and isn't that the 'my battery is about to die' temp?  I'll give it a few  more days and see and maybe pick up a new one for next cycle.  ::shrug:: 
  • I LOOOOVE reading all of the meet-up stories!!!  H's and mine is just sooooo boring; sometimes I wish we had that random/funny/fairy-tale to tell to kids/grandkids when they grow up. 

Side note too - my sister met her husband (just got married in October) on Match and one of her good friends gave her a bunch of shit about meeting someone on the internet, blah blah blah.  WTF?  Gah that made me so freakin angry that she did that.  Luckily she got her senses straight.
  • I LOOOOVE reading all of the meet-up stories!!!  H's and mine is just sooooo boring; sometimes I wish we had that random/funny/fairy-tale to tell to kids/grandkids when they grow up. 

Side note too - my sister met her husband (just got married in October) on Match and one of her good friends gave her a bunch of shit about meeting someone on the internet, blah blah blah.  WTF?  Gah that made me so freakin angry that she did that.  Luckily she got her senses straight.
    Very good friends of mine really railed on me for meeting MH in real life after meeting him on the internet. I don't really know anyone who didn't think I was out of my mind. I don't see how it's that different than meeting someone in a bar.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"