Late Term and Child Loss

RAOK for my twins' first birthday

ikrystalikrystal member
edited January 2015 in Late Term and Child Loss
I'm not sure if this is okay to ask about or post here, so let me know if this is not okay. 

Conner and Benjamin's first birthday is this Saturday.  I am anxiously awaiting it and I am not sure how I feel about it.  I keep getting flashbacks on what it was like to say hello to them, say goodbye, and leave the hospital without my babies.  I know so many of us have gone through this major milestone before and many are close to their baby's first birthday, so I know that many of you know what I am talking about.  

My husband and I have chosen to see our boys as the biggest blessings of our lives.  Their birthday, also the day they went to heaven, was easily the best and worst day we have ever had.  But I do not want their legacy to be pain and sadness, so we are doing Random Acts of Kindness in their names this weekend. 

If anyone would like to participate, I would be forever grateful to you. I have cards that can be emailed as well if you are interested.  There is also more information here on my blog: https://xobenjaminandconnerxo.blogspot.com/2014/12/random-acts-of-kindness-for-conner-and.html. Thank you to everyone helping us celebrate our boys' lives :)

Re: RAOK for my twins' first birthday

• Would be honored to remember your babies in such a positive way!
  • We will do something to remember them too. I love this idea!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I love this idea! We are planning to join you! Hang in there mama. Colton's first birthday was hard, very hard, but you will get through it, which seems impossible I know.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • You can count me in! What a wonderful way to celebrate those sweet boys.
  • I love this idea.  You can definitely count me in.
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• This is a wonderful idea, and I'm honored you would ask us to participate! We will join you in RAOK for your boys this weekend!
  • *sig

I love this idea :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Thank you all so much :) it really does help make getting through such a huge milestone easier knowing that I have so much support on this board. I dont know what I would do without this group! If anyone wants a copy of the cards we are using, I'd be happy to send a digital copy to you - just PM me your email address :)
  • Love that you are doing this too!  Between our three boys, there are going to be lots of RAOK going on this weekend!

Me 32 (Stage IV Endometriosis, short luteal phase) DH 38

Married 5/2010

January 2014- DS born healthy at 35.4 weeks

February 2014- DS passed away due to complications from adenovirus

February 2015- Rainbow baby DD born at 36.3 weeks

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/42fd32 

• ikrystal said:
    Thank you all so much :) it really does help make getting through such a huge milestone easier knowing that I have so much support on this board. I dont know what I would do without this group! If anyone wants a copy of the cards we are using, I'd be happy to send a digital copy to you - just PM me your email address :)
    I would love a copy!
  • Are the cards what you have pictured at the beginning of your blog post?  I printed a few copies off of there but if there's something additional that goes along with it, I would love a digital copy.
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• ikrystal said:
    Thank you all so much :) it really does help make getting through such a huge milestone easier knowing that I have so much support on this board. I dont know what I would do without this group! If anyone wants a copy of the cards we are using, I'd be happy to send a digital copy to you - just PM me your email address :)
    I would love a copy!
    Sending you a PM now :)
  • erinel   Yes there will be!  Thinking of you this weekend and sending love. 
    CheesyPeas  Yep, that is the card!  If you want, I have pdf copies of it that I can email you and I have been sending a list of RAOK examples for people who want them as well. Thank you for doing this :)

• Love this idea and will be happy to participate!
    Baby Boy - 03/29/10
    Baby Boy - 08/02/12
    Baby Girl - 04/19/14 Missing her everyday.

• MeNV said:
    Love this idea and will be happy to participate!
    Thank you!  :)
  • I think this is a great idea. I would love to hear about all the acts of kindness everyone performs. I've been thinking about how to honor my daughter's birthday and was thinking about doing a day of service, but this sounds great too!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    BFP #1 DS born 10/16/12 at 39w6d
    BFP #2 DD lost 11/17/14 at 17w2d
  • Love this too!  

We have an appointment at our clinic on Saturday, but I'm going to print a card from your blog today and try to do this at some point if we get out again.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Manada said:
    Love this too!  

We have an appointment at our clinic on Saturday, but I'm going to print a card from your blog today and try to do this at some point if we get out again.
    Thank you :)
  • Count me in ! I would to love to honor the boys on their birthday. Big (( hugs)) to you
  • You are all amazing :)  I have to say, the support we got yesterday from friends, family, and all of you ladies here made the day.. dare I say... good?  I loved knowing that the boys were making a difference in the world, one act of kindness at a time, through everyone who loves and remembers them.  Thank you all so much.  If you would like to share what you did, I would love to hear!  I am making a scrapbook for the boys, and I'm including the RAOKs in there.  Thank you all again - you ladies truly helped make a difficult day much easier. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"