September 2015 Moms

Bump Pictures

Anyone planning to take weekly (or just frequent) bump pictures? Got any great inspiration from Pinterest or around the web? Anything special you're planning to do for them (like take them in the same place, wearing the same thing, etc.)? 

Re: Bump Pictures

• I took them weekly with DD starting at 6 weeks.. I didn't have a bump until 17ish weeks but I liked to document them for myself.. I just kept them in an app . I didn't do anything cutesy I think I will this go around since they may be our last kid !  I would like to do the chalk board thing , a few of my friends did that and I've seen it on pinterest .

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • edited January 2015
    I was really inconsistent with my first, and wish I had more.  I'm hoping to do weekly ones with this one, although I switch on Wednesdays, so its just an added thing to do in the morning.  I probably won't wear the same outfit or anything, just a pic in front of a wall and will add the weeks with one of the photo editing apps I have.  

ETA: I probably won't start until around 9 or 10 weeks.
  • I took a couple in all black but I didn't end up doing it each month. I still had a beginning pic and fully pregnant pic.
    imageimage

• I want to take one every week.  But I've already missed my 5 week photo.  I generally suck at trying to keep on top of stuff like this.

Also, with DS, all my weekly photos are bare belly and usually in my underwear.  I have NO IDEA what I was thinking because I'll never show those photos to anyone.  Just no.

BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • I took a picture once a month starting at the beginning of my second trimester and then every other week at the beginning of my third. I didn't put on special outfits or stand in the same place, but it was still nice to see how I was progressing. After DS was born, I made a little accordion book from Mpix with the pictures. It's 11 belly pics, and the last picture is of me & DS in the hospital. It's just a tiny little thing, but DS likes looking at it, and I like having a little memento of my pregnancy.
    January Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1: 10-25-11, MC: 11-1-11 @ 5w5d
     BFP#2: 12-29-11, DS born September 2012
    TFAS: July 2014, BFP#3: 12-29-14
    , EDD 9-9-15

• I plan on doing a weekly belly photo. I say that now, let's see how long it lasts. I am a FTM and very excited! Week 4 was just a plain old belly shot. Nothing fancy. And I think that's how they will all be. On the pics I will make a note of how big baby is, with an editing app. But mostly these are for me and someday baby, I just want to remember it all
  • DorkyMama said:

I don't plan on doing the cutesy thing with the chalkboard that's all the rage on Pinterest... or really anything, for that matter. I'll probably take random photos during normal events (I have a few weddings to go to in March, family gatherings over the summer, etc.), just like any other day or point in my life.

Sometimes I feel like a pregnancy grinch when I see posts like this.
    This is pretty much me. I didn't do anything special with my first and I don't see myself doing it now. I'm not super photogenic and I don't love most pictures of myself, so I have no idea what I would even do with all the pictures if I did take them. But I always love seeing other people's :smile:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @dragonmommy422 girl don't worry about taking them on the exact day, just choose a better day for you & stay consistent! I switch on Fridays but we decided to take them Sunday mornings because we know that 99% of the time we will be getting dressed and going to church on Sundays :) The other days of the week are totally questionable, ha!
  • We plan on taking pictures to document the progression of my bump but not to share on social media or anything.  We will put together a creative announcement of some to post but nothing outside of our usual posts after.

While I love a lot of the ideas on Pinterest, it has become so popular I feel like I've seen them all time and time again.
    "S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • mandy522 said:
    I took a picture once a month starting at the beginning of my second trimester and then every other week at the beginning of my third. I didn't put on special outfits or stand in the same place, but it was still nice to see how I was progressing. After DS was born, I made a little accordion book from Mpix with the pictures. It's 11 belly pics, and the last picture is of me & DS in the hospital. It's just a tiny little thing, but DS likes looking at it, and I like having a little memento of my pregnancy.
    I love this!! Totally similar to what I'm thinking.
  • jamers601 said:
    We did HDBD on DDs birth month board and I usually shared a picture but TBH some were bathroom selfies, nothing Pinterest worthy

ALL of mine were.... To make it worse it was usually work bathroom selfies to share on my BMB HDBD !

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 

• @dragonmommy422 girl don't worry about taking them on the exact day, just choose a better day for you & stay consistent! I switch on Fridays but we decided to take them Sunday mornings because we know that 99% of the time we will be getting dressed and going to church on Sundays :) The other days of the week are totally questionable, ha!
    But, but, but then the pics would be HALF week.  Like 10 1/2 weeks.  Not an even week.  <-----Issues.  I know.  
  • I plan to do weekly pictures. I did with my son. With him I didn't do anything fancy. With this one I hope to do something a little more creative. I will start today at 5 weeks since I forgot last week.

* Mom to DS November 2008 *
                                   * Due September 2015 TWINS!!! *
  • I tried to take them every other week with my first and I tried to do it in the same spot but it didn't always happen. I don't think I started until 13 weeks. I will try to do the same this pregnancy.
  • Buy the Belly Book! Love mine from my son. I look at it often
  • I'd like to do weekly pictures.  I just found out I'm pregnant though and hoping some of this bloating goes down before I take the first one!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @dragonmommy422 haha I totally get that! I was a little iffy about it at first too, but just had to convince myself to think of it as "this picture was taken during my 6th week of pregnancy" or something like that (as opposed to I am exactly 6 weeks today), ya know? I feel like if we consistently take them on the same day then they'll show the week by week changes. Honestly though, the most motivating thing was that I knew I could actually count on doing my makeup that day!
  • Okay this is the last fluffy I'll share, I promise (I'm looking at you @Dorkymama)

I really like these two ideas also:

• I'm doing something like the one you posted. I just added a simple number and weeks in Photoshop. For now it's just a white tank. I wanted a starting point picture and later my moms ordering me the tshirt that has the weeks you cross off. I'll probably do it every week once I start to show.
  • @caityrose fun! I've seen those shirts, super cute!!
  • I took one weekly with both kids. I plan to do then same :-)
    This was with DS
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I took pictures every other week with my dd1. I will probably do the same once I get past 15-16 weeks and start actually showing. Nobody needs to see my bloat bump, seriously. 
    I like the idea of the same outfit, never thought of doing that...now just to find something that doesn't ride up and show my stomach at 40 weeks like everything I owned last time!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • With DD, my husband scribbled the week number on a piece of paper. I posted a couple on FB, but they were mostly just for us to have.

I wish we had done something more, so this time I bought a white board. I am the least artistic person ever, so they will not be very good looking. However, my weeks change on Tuesdays, so I will post these in HDBD. Please no one make fun of my horrible artistic skills.

I didn't take my 5 week photo yet, but I made the sign. imageimage

imageimage

• True confession: I had no clue what HBDB stood for last time so I never opened those threads.  I definitely want to take more pictures this time so I can see the progress, but I don't have the time or craftiness to do of the Pinterest type projects. I have a feeling most of my pics will be mirror selflies since I feel silly asking DH to take them for me every week.
    Edited because I am an English teacher and that's what we do.
    Pregnancy Ticker 

BFP: 7/20/14  MMC: 8/29/14  D&C: 8/31
    BFP: 12/27/14 MMC: 1/26/15 D&C: 1/29
    Anniversary

• I took one about every one to three weeks with the first kid. Not cutsy, just to reflect back on. Helpful now to gauge when I will show.
    DS 7/6/09
    DD 9/4/11
    EDD 9/1/15
  • I took them weekly with both girls. Nothing special or cutesy, but it's fun to line them up afterwards to see the progression and compare between pregnancies. I'll start on Thursday with a 5 week pic this time around.
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • I'm going for blood work tomorrow. Once all is a "go" we'll start weekly pictures. Right now I'm too nervous to jinx myself haha

BabyFetus Ticker

• I'm a pregnancy grinch, so I have a handful of work bathroom selfies from my last pregnancy.

I just can't get it up to do cutesy stuff like that
    BFP #1 - Mango - 6/11/12, EDD 2/22/12 Natural MC 7/15/12
    BFP #2 - Nacho - 10/14/12, EDD 6/20/13, MMC 8 weeks, D&C 11/16/12
    All testing shows both H and I are perfectly normal. Baby Nacho had triploidy. 
    Back to normal business December 2012
    BFP #3 - Froggy - 1/15/13, EDD 9/27/13 TEAM GREEN
    It's a girl! Alice - Born 9/20/13, 8lbs 2oz

imageimage
  • Anyone kinda showing at 5wks???? I could be somewhat bloated.....but I think I have a lil' bump too....my regular pants are even uncomfortable.....just don't wanna feel like I'm over exaggerating!
  • @CruiseGirl28‌ That looks awesome! The white board is a great idea!!
  • Anyone kinda showing at 5wks???? I could be somewhat bloated.....but I think I have a lil' bump too....my regular pants are even uncomfortable.....just don't wanna feel like I'm over exaggerating!
    You have what we call  a blump !

• I did this, but inconsistently with my daughter. Ive got my " omg its positive" pic and im getting my hair done today so i can finally squeeze in my 5 week picture!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Yep planning to do weekly pics in leggings and t shirt but already look 3 months pregnant as always had a bit of a belly so let's hope I don't see a huge change between now and actual 3 months haha
  • @tsmith312‌ @mandy522‌ thanks Ladies! Yea, I'm definitely bloated then
  • @rogersb5500I felt bigger yesterday and was wondering the same thing, my pants were fitting tight, and I was up 2.5 pounds since my early December weight. But today my weight was down 1.5 pounds and my pants fit. Maybe you're bloated? I wasn't sure because I wasn't gassy, but it seems like it was just bloat. I'm FTM so I'm pretty clueless about these things.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"