February 2015 Moms
Options

Laziest thing you've done this pregnancy

Stolen from M15. Share your laziest moment here!

Re: Laziest thing you've done this pregnancy

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I second what @usmcwife89‌ said. If it can't be picked up with my toes it normally stays on the ground until DH gets to it. Also, DH just built a stand for the washer and dryer (front loaders) bc I refuse to bend down to do laundry anymore... whoops.

• Options
    I have DH put my shoes on every once in a while. I also have him feed the cats because I hate bending down to get their dish.
    Anniversary 

• Options
    These are all just so awesome! Makes me feel like I really have not taken advantage of being pregnant. I'm 36 weeks tomorrow and I still pick things up off the floor, wake up at 4:30 in the morning to make SO breakfast and I've only asked him to put my socks and shoes on once.
  • Options

I have DH put my shoes on every once in a while. I also have him feed the cats because I hate bending down to get their dish.

I made him take off my socks lol ridiculous
  • Options
    Between my hubby and my son I never have to pick anything up or put on my shoes. I must admit, I do take advantage of them slightly.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    My husband has been putting on my socks for weeks mostly because he gets frustrated watching me try and take 10 min to do it (we commute to work together) and he cuts my toenails and shaves my legs. I'm totally spoiled lol but I'm fairness I really can't bend over much without puking.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    It's only been a few times, because I hate wearing socks(especially with these swollen feet), but my husband puts them on for me and he also cuts my toenails for me. Also, if I drop something, I pretty much just call out to my hubby, as well.

Edit: Because I can't get the tag right for some reason. I blame just waking up.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've used up kleenex boxes in the bathroom because I'm too lazy to get more TP. This is the downstairs bathroom, and the TP is in the upstairs closet. DH apparently doesn't see the need to take it upon himself to bring the TP down either.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Alygohome said:

I may or may not call my husband to
    Walk up two flights of stairs to turn the water off in the bathtub so I don't have to learn forward and turn it off myself. Annnnd he also comes avd unplugs the tub for me when I'm done.

Lol. I do all of this with my toes now. I will call him for help getting out. I need the help, and he gets a laugh.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    DH painted my toes because...ugh...they needed to be done before "this one" arrives and I was so not bending that way. He also carries the big loads of laundry up and down the two flights if stairs for me <3

@Maple403‌ I'm sorry your H doesn't do you little favors when you ask. That makes me sad.
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• Options
    @Maple403 Same here. I am still doing everything myself that I used to do, with the occasional back rub. FI will get me drinks and stuff if I ask, but I just find it easier to do it myself than ask him and have to wait for it to get done (for example, taking out the garbage). Then he's all, "I would have done that!" Pff.... All your H's seem very sweet!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I pretty much gave up on carrying anything up and down the stairs- this includes all the kids laundry (dirty and clean), all the Christmas gifts which I wrapped in our upstairs office and all the boxes and trash generated from the gifts.

I have also seriously contemplated a chair in the shower.

I definitely put my boys to work fetching things for me or picking up stuff I drop. (I'm convinced my belly has it's own gravity which causes me to drop things way more often). 

When I had a pinched nerve in my hip, DH would help me put on my shoes, but I'm able to do that again. 
    Son #1: 12.27.08 (6 years)
    Son #2: 02.06.12 (2.5 yrs)
    Baby #3 due: 02.10.15 (It's a girl!)
    GD with all three pregnancies

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have not done much of anything since mid 2nd trimester. DH and my mom do pretty much everything for me. Cooking, cleaning, shopping, helping to put my shoes and socks on, doing my toenails, etc.

I don't mind admitting that I've been extremely spoiled. Pregnancy is only a short period of time. I say take the pampering while you can get it.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Alygohome said:

I may or may not call my husband to
    Walk up two flights of stairs to turn the water off in the bathtub so I don't have to learn forward and turn it off myself. Annnnd he also comes avd unplugs the tub for me when I'm done.

Lol. I do all of this with my toes now. I will call him for help getting out. I need the help, and he gets a laugh.
    I have short little legs or else I would do it with my toes lol it's funny to watch me try
  • Options
    DS is my biggest helper. Between him and DH I don't do much around here
    imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers

DS-1/27/04 DS-11/5/12 MC-5/7/14 BFP: 5/27/14 

imageimageimage

• Options
    I can't think of anything incredibly lazy I've done just because I didn't feel like doing something. I'm pretty stubborn and get mad at myself if i cant do something on my own. But I do time my grocery shopping trips so that I know DH will be home so he can unload the car. I still refuse to let the baggers help me load my car up, but I think I may have to give in next time because I had cramps afterwards last time. DH has also been helping load and unload dishes and laundry when I have too much back pain.
    I'm the exact same way. I actually should be more lazy because often times I feel like I went through battle by the end of the day. Today is the first day I asked DH to vacuum because I knew it would hurt my back too much to do it. It's not that he doesn't want to do things for me - he would if I asked - but I am just too stubborn.

And also - your husband's sound amazing! What a lucky bunch of ladies!! ;)
  • Options
    My hubby or kiddo pick up anything I drop because bending over is a chore . They also assist me into my socks and shoes. I've also delegated grocery shopping to them since my sciatica is epic at this point .I occasionally feel kinda silly about having to have help doing basic things .
  • Options

I am lazy, yet I am not. It just depends. My hubs will clip my toenails, put my shoes and socks on, shave my legs, pull me from laying to sitting/standing position, and pick things up off the floor that I drop, and clean up all my spills because I am a freakin clutz now. He also carries the laundry downstairs to the laundry room for me so I don't fall to my death. But I still do some things like make dinner for us, get up with him to pack his lunch for the day, and clean for the most part. He works longer shifts than I do, plus he's an awful cook and I would rather die than eat a meal he prepared! Can you say crunchy instant mashed potatoes?? How does someone even do that???

• Options
    I use my three year old to get things for me or pick things up when I drop them. He's lower to the ground, it's way easier for him! He gets rewarded with hugs and kisses, so it's a win/win.

Last week, I wore my slippers to my nieces birthday party because I was too lazy to bend over and put on actual shoes.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Xoxolicia‌ Omg I want a shower chair too! I love long showers but I get so tired standing. I found one on Amazon for $21.......I might just buy it:)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I just asked DH to get me a tissue from the box on the floor near the chair my feet are on, so I wouldn't have to put my feet down. Elevating to relieve swelling yo.
  • Options
    I'm wearing crocs. The old school ones that are 10 years old (and from my last pregnancy). Easier to put them on than any other shoes.
  • Options

One of my blankets definitely fell off the bed in the middle of the night and I was freezing but was also way too lazy to reach down and get it. My husband is working nights or else I maybe would have accidentally woken him up to get it for me and tuck me in.

January siggy challenge: Tying my own damn shoes again.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm wearing crocs. The old school ones that are 10 years old (and from my last pregnancy). Easier to put them on than any other shoes.

Lol.....made me laugh. DH works for crocs and I always have to show him funny memes about it.
  • Options
    I have two 3 year olds. I don't get to be lazy this pregnancy. In fact, I am probably doing more now that I am pregnant because DH is working more to make up for the money we'll be losing with me not teaching the spring semester.
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Options
    I am currently unemployed (not by choice) so I have become the laziest pregnant woman on the planet. Some days I get bursts of energy to do things. Those are the days I clean, vacuum and do dishes. Most days I stay in bed until I feel like getting up. SO works during the day, and up until just recently I have been able to still put my shoes and socks on by myself with a little bit of struggle. I have become really lazy in the shaving department too. Dogs take care of things I drop on the floor even before I can bend over to pick them up. Then I have to chase them to get them to drop it unless its food. It's fun times in this household.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"