April 2014 Moms
Options

Totally random Q about riding a scooter

We want to try and get pregnant again starting March, and I've been invited to go on a trip to Italy in October. Will have to rent a scooter to get around throughout the course of the week there.

Would you ride a scooter while pregnant? This is really random. Of course maybe it would depend on *how* pregnant you were?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD on a recent trip to London. 3 yrs old.
EDD 4/7/18
MC 5/20/17 @8 wks

Re: Totally random Q about riding a scooter

• Options
    I rode a scooter to work- found out I was pregnant and then stopped about a week after I found out, I think I was about 6 weeks when I found out if I remember correctly. My midwife said it was 'probably' fine but I was too nervous. I also had gotten in an accident on my scooter 6 months before I got pregnant.
    Long story short I would not ride a scooter pregnant again- not because of me but because I do trust other drivers, especially in Italy. When I did ride it for the week I was nervous and anxious the entire time.
  • Options
    I spent a semester in Italy - where are going to be scootering? I wouldn't ride a scooter around a major city in Italy pregnant or not. The traffic in Rome is insane, and being hesitant is a great way to cause an accident. We rented a scooter to get around when we went to Bermuda. It was hard enough to get the hang of on mostly empty roads. Couldn't you take public transportation or cabs? I got all over with metro, buses, trains, and the occasional cab.
    Id' be going as part of a group trip where they want everyone to rent a scooter. I think it's more "rural" in the Umbria area instead of in a big city, but still would make me nervous. I stopped riding our motorcycles as a passenger around here with my last pregnancy... 

But I'm like.. I'm not pregnant now! So how to explain that..
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD on a recent trip to London. 3 yrs old.
    EDD 4/7/18
    MC 5/20/17 @8 wks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"