June 2014 Moms

FFFC

Friday Flame Free Confessions

C'mon you salty hoes. We haven't done this in a few weeks so we should all have something to confess. Spill it! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • I'm with @Miss Renee
    I have read research on both sides of CIO -- those that say babies can self sooth and the other that says baby's who bed share or don't CIO actual sleep better as toddlers bc of the confidence built by their parents always attending to their crys.

I know they're almost 2 separate things as you can do No CIO and not bed share.

No judgement on those who use CIO but for us, bed sharing is less crying and more snuggles which I prefer as a mom who works full time. I'll admit I miss her when she's in her crib. (Following all recommendations for safe bed sharing btw.)
  • Not going to engage in a back and forth fight here, but My post came from an internal struggle I have with MYSELF on whether to use CIO or not with MY kid.

I'm not passing judgement on others at all. Cheers to any mom out there doing whatever she choses for her own kid!

And I don't give a shit what the few of you who can't look past one post from months and months ago! I post and participate with the ladies on here who want to participate with me. Haters can go fly a fricki'n kite for all I care.
  • I apologized for making the crap comment and I meant it. I value this board and the women on it. Those with opinions the same and different than mine.

I'm not passing judgement. Believe if you'd like. I've considered trying CIO myself and follow the sleep easy thred. I'm just not able to commit to it myself bc I get super anxious when I try. Any judgent is aimed at myself; not anyone else. Others have their LOs sleeping in their cribs....I don't and can't decide on forcing the crib or figuring out safe bed sharing with an almost 7 mo who is about to crawl.

jmar2011 said:
    Sooooo.... on another note.... you CAN judge me on this one: 1.ibate an entire box of velveeta mac and cheese by myself for supper on New Years Eve, ok I shared 2 noodles with P.... 2. I still have a pumokin on my porch and it is falling apart.

I feel like I could eat a box of mac and cheese by myself right now. 
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • FFFC: We are rehoming our cat. She was a rescue to begin with, and not the nicest of cats but we always swore we wouldn't re-home a pet because of kids. Between always biting me, destroying a few door frames and carpets, spitting her hair balls everywhere, and somehow getting poop on things, I have been done for a while. She went into the nursery, hid under the rocker and pooped which put DH over the edge. We simply can't giver her the attention she deserves and frankly we can't afford the cost of replacing the things she destroys (we don't own) and the medical bills I'm sure that would be coming along with her aging.

TL;DR DH and I have decided that someone who can love our cat and take better care of her deserves to have her. I'd rather her be loved and with someone who can take care of an aging cat than keep her with us because we don't want to be the couple who re-homes after having kids.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • I can't imagine letting my baby watch TV. I can't put my finger on it--but maybe it seems irresponsible and lazy? At the same time, if I had a toddler and an infant maybe I would change my tune and let the toddler watch because I can imagine being extremely overwhelmed.

• I know many of you do not like me on this board and would rather I just leave, but I am truest sorry if I offended or hurt anyone's feelings with my post about CIO. I went back and re-read my original post to see what I specifically wrote... I never said it was "cruel." I agreed with the prior post in regards to not being comfortable doing CIO myself. My point is that I never meant to offend anyone and I apologize if I did.
  • It was just an unfortunate choice of words. There are many things that parents can do to be criticized as being lazy and irresponsible, I just don't see TV as being one of them. Ironically enough, I think that most parents take advantage of that time to do other things that need to get done that could take attention away from their LO.
  • Taymiller said:

DH says it best, the studies that involve TV and it being bad are the parents who literally use the TV all day and all night and use it as a babysitter 24/7. It is not bad to let your kids watch a little TV. That is from a doctor.
    Thank your DH.  That is how I feel.

image        image

• jmar2011 said:
    My son loves Mickey Mouse. I apparently fail as a mother. Funny how his doctors don't agree with you. I'm bitchy this morning.
    @jmar2011 - I heart you so much.  Even when you say you're being bitchy, you're still not even being that bitchy <3 

image        image

• I think Sid the science kid is a cute show! Also my LO loves sitting with his dad and watching football. Usually only for a few minuets, but it is nice to just take a moment of quiet.
  • @mullenem My LO loves football too!! Its so weird.  The first time I vividly remember her kicking last year was during the Super Bowl too.
  • I have been not enjoying chocolate as much as before. I even have been choosing the salty, buttery goodness of popcorn at the movies over chocolate. That's just crazy for me.
  • It was just an unfortunate choice of words. There are many things that parents can do to be criticized as being lazy and irresponsible, I just don't see TV as being one of them. Ironically enough, I think that most parents take advantage of that time to do other things that need to get done that could take attention away from their LO.

I think y'all are probably right...which is why I said I couldn't quite put my finger on my thoughts about it.

• lest12 said:

I can't imagine letting my baby watch TV. I can't put my finger on it--but maybe it seems irresponsible and lazy? At the same time, if I had a toddler and an infant maybe I would change my tune and let the toddler watch because I can imagine being extremely overwhelmed.

If I didn't recognize the avatar, I would call you a troll.  I can't imagine a member of this board posting this, especially after the whole "CIO is cruel" convo. 

I don't understand what is happening in this thread.

Well things have been a little slow lately...I thought it was a good FFFC to spice things up. Clearly I think y'all are great mamas and have taken so much of your advice over the last year.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"