2nd Trimester
Options

Problem: UTI, Yeast Infection, or just high Sex Drive? (Strange Question... I know... please help!)

Hello Ladies... I'm having a problem and I'd like some insight before I call my doctor...  I'm 14 weeks today with my first baby and I'm experiencing something that I have just never felt before... a very intense tingle in my vaginal area that is so annoying I can't sleep despite the fact that it's 4am and I have work in the morning...

I've never really had a high sex drive... I've also never had a UTI or a Yeast Infection... so I'm trying to rule out what this could be... So I looked up the symptoms of UTI and YI on WebMD and I'm actually leaning towards UTI but I just don't know... this sensation is not a burning or itchy one... it's just a very strong tingle... that being said it is intensified every time I urinate and I have to urinate CONSTANTLY, even if it's just a little bit... This has been happening for about 2 days now and it's driving me absolutely insane.  My husband and I tried having sex to try to fix the problem (again, it feels more like an arousal tingle)... and the sex was more pleasurable than ever before, but despite that I was so super sensitive to his touch we had to use a lubricant because when it came down to it, I just wasn't as "ready" as I thought I would be.

I'm considering asking my doctor but I will just be so mortified if the problem is just a high sex drive and not an actual problem... but again this is keeping me up at night and I fear it will hinder my work today...

Anyone have any insight that you wouldn't mind sharing? Or thoughts on which of the 3 issues it could possibly be?  Thanks so much!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Problem: UTI, Yeast Infection, or just high Sex Drive? (Strange Question... I know... please help!)

• Options
    polynomzpolynomz member
    edited January 2015
    Strange. I guess nobody here can say for sure but I do know during pregnancy theres alot of extra blood flow down there, and can make the area super sensitive or even swollen feeling.
    If youre constantly having to pee and when you do pee not much comes out, you most likely have a UTI.
    I had one a few years back and it was miserable, it was accompanied by a lot of pain though so IDK.
    Hopefully you can figure out whats going on, or maybe its just something that goes away on its own.

ETA: Also, it could just be a high sex drive. Ive noticed even when Im in the mood these days the lady bits wont always cooperate. I wouldn't let the possibility of this being the case prevent you from speaking with your doctor about it.
  • Options
    MathGraceMathGrace member
    edited January 2015
    If it's a yeast infection, you could have some discharge.  White and chunky like cottage cheese (there's a fun visual!).  Has that been happening?  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not sure what this could be, but it sounds strange. Hopefully it fixes itself!
  • Options
    Talk to your doctor, I guarantee they've heard it all. No reason to be embarrassed... Soon they'll have their hands up your vag while you're pushing out a kid and pooping all over the bed. This is nothing.
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies... if it continues into tomorrow then I'm calling the Dr... it actually seems to get somewhat better as the day goes on (maybe with more hydration than at night?)... No discharge though so probably not yeast infection... I am leaning towards maybe the start of a UTI... will see soon!  Would a UTI start out as a burning feeling or could it start out as more of a tingle like this maybe? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Well ive heard utis can be far less painful during pregnancy. So it could be more difficult to identify. Considering you've never had a uti or yeast infection, id get checked. Theres no reason to leave a potential infection untreated.
  • Options
    In case anyone was curious... i had a UTI test and the instant culture was negative... last night new symptom added with achy pains in my back and tummy... but pains gone this morning! Oddly too, the tingle feeling tends to lighten up during the day (maybe more hydration?) And then gets worse at night! Weird... just weird!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Whitfry said:

Talk to your doctor, I guarantee they've heard it all. No reason to be embarrassed... Soon they'll have their hands up your vag while you're pushing out a kid and pooping all over the bed. This is nothing.

Yup. It does sound like a UTI to me though

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"