March 2015 Moms
Options

GD weekly meal planning

I noticed an awesome weekly meal plan floating around the board. Unfortunately, those of us that have GD can't really enjoy a lot of the delicious meals posted. I know I'm getting so bored with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. It's time for some fresh ideas.

Plus I know a lot of us are struggling with eating all of our meals, so maybe this will help inspire.

If anyone is interested would you prefer to do a weekly meal plan or a daily meal plan since their are so many meals to post. I think daily might be better, that way we don't have so much to type at once. Ideally, I'm interested in ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner and 2 snacks.

So who is in?

Re: GD weekly meal planning

• Options
    I'm not a huge taco fan myself. Last night I had an odd dinner. I mix low carb yogurt with my plain oatmeal.... It makes the texture better for me, I also had a peanut butter and jelly English muffin and an instant breakfast. I'm going to work on an actual meal plan today, and I'll try to post it either later today or tomorrow morning.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been eating LOTS of tacos. I agree w/ @whitfry, the corn taco shells don't bother me. I like my tacos w/ beef and cheese so its perfect :) 

I love the idea of the daily meals thread. I struggle on what to eat. Its getting kind of boring. I always have eggs, turkey bacon and 35 calorie bread as an option but I get bored. 

I love my Lil' Dreamer bars for snacks. Wish I could have more than one though. 

Not sure what to have for dinner tonight. But breakfast is definitely my hardest meal. 
  • Options
    Great idea! I love the tacos for dinner suggestion! That will have to be a meal this week for sure.

Breakfast recently has been omelettes and toast(sometimes a waffle instead). I buy the skillet frozen breakfast starters (meat, peppers, onions, potatoes), cook a small portion and add it to the omelette with cheese of course!

Lunch.....this is tricky everyday. Today I'm eating Quaker Oat fruit and cream oatmeal. Only one packet or my numbers will spike. I'm having really good luck with the oatmeal at lunch and it helps my sweets craving. If you decide to do oatmeal packets be careful with the one you choose! The fruit and cream seem to be the lowest carbs I've found so far.

Dinner tonight- left over ribs we made last night! I'll probably make some pasta and cauliflower as sides. ****side note-the ribs...Oh the ribs....I tried Stubb's Honey Pecan bbq sauce for the first time on them and let me tell you...heaven!

Today's snacks- 1. sheep's milk cheese cubes and peanut butter on a slice of bread. 2.drinking a V8 and maybe me cheese cubes. 3. If my numbers are good after dinner I'll have a little dreamer.

My new indulgence- I switched from regular milk to unsweetened almond milk(not the best first sip but I'm used to it now) and can indulge in it all day. It's got <1gm carbs per cup which is one less thing I have to worry about quantity.
    BFP - 6/28.....Unofficial(waiting on u/s) EDD - 3/9

image    image

July Siggy Challenge. Summer Fail. March 2015 Group
    baby development
  • Options
    Btw! I think this is awesome & it has helped me so much having somewhere/someone to talk to & keep me motivated! You guys are so wonderful!
  • Options
    @anniehearts‌ are you getting in all of your carbs with those meals? Personally I would try to skimp on carbs thinking less carbs would equal out to better numbers. Then I found out that if I got in all of my carbs my numbers were much better. All your meals sound yummy though. Sorry about the bed rest hopefully the lack of exercise can E made up with diet so you don't have to do insulin.
  • Options
    Does anybody know what the deal is with almond flour and carbs? One of our local restaurants makes paleo waffles with almond flour, and I would kill someone for a waffle. But I'm not sure if almond flour and tapioca waffles would be okay or not.
  • Options
    I like making a big frittata with veggies and potatoes (works ok for my levels). Then I can refrigerate/freeze it for quick breakfast.
    A yummy snack I found is to blend 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup almond milk, 1/2 tbsp cocoa, 1 tbsp peanut butter and a little ice.
  • Options
    My almond flour bag serving size: 1/4 cup
    Calories: 160
    Fat: 14g
    Carbs: 6g
    Dietary fiber 3g
    Sugars 1g
    Protein 6g

I use it in meatloafs, quiches, & breading meats. I have made breads with it but I couldn't tell you about waffles or other baked goods. Just an idea of carb count. :) hope it helps with your decision to DO IT! ;) sometimes we need a little "cheat meal"
  • Options
    Whitfry said:

Does anybody know what the deal is with almond flour and carbs? One of our local restaurants makes paleo waffles with almond flour, and I would kill someone for a waffle. But I'm not sure if almond flour and tapioca waffles would be okay or not.

I think I have some in the cupboard, if so I will let you know. You can totally have waffles though. I can have 4 pieces of French toast for lunch if I wanted. You just have to use sugar free syrup. When I want waffles it sooooo isn't eggo . It is full on belgum waffles with fruit and whipped cream.... Maybe some chocolate chips for good measure.
  • Options
    I think I have some in the cupboard, if so I will let you know. You can totally have waffles though. I can have 4 pieces of French toast for lunch if I wanted. You just have to use sugar free syrup. When I want waffles it sooooo isn't eggo . It is full on belgum waffles with fruit and whipped cream.... Maybe some chocolate chips for good measure.
    You would think so. I can do potatoes, but if I have white toast it spikes my numbers. I can have half an english muffin when we eat out, but thats the limit on white-flour stuff. I can eat the bread I have at home, and could make myself french toast out of that. But DH loves to go out for breakfast, so thats been the trickiest thing. But it sounds like the almond flour waffles might work for me.
  • Options
    Where do you normally go for breakfast when you go out? Bob Evans had really good multi grain cranberry pancakes. Like I said, if you load up on lots of protein too it really does help. Also, I buy extra protein oatmeal English muffins. More than one packet of oatmeal spikes my numbers but I can eat a while oatmeal English muffin, no problem. I have never eaten them without peanut butter though.

Funny, not funny story...... I seem to be getting massive heartburn from pbj for the past two days and that is what I have been living off of. Ugh. Life is cruel.
  • Options
    I'm not sure where you live, but I'm in Michigan and we have Kroger. The yogurt is called carbmaster and it is a store brand, it's only 4 carbs and it tastes great.
  • Options
    Lots of flavors to choose from. I like the blueberry muffin flavor.
  • Options
    jarrard1983

We don't have a Bob Evans, I've never even heard of them! Typically I just get eggs/hashbrowns/bacon for breakfast. There are a couple of really good locally owned places in my town that have options I can eat outside of the standard boring fare. I like Denny's, as ghetto as that is, because I can do one of their skillets or their grand slam. My favorite local restaurant used to do a flaxseed whole grain pancake, but the mix was made locally and the lady went out of business. *sad* On the plus side, I can do hollandaise sauce which is my favorite. And I'm supposed to eat more fats. So I've given myself permission to gorge on that ish. 
  • Options
    @Whitfry‌ i thought Bob Evans was everywhere. I pretty much eat whatever I want of low carb items. I'll make sure to get in all cards and add as much meat, fats or veggies as I would like.

@etherhay‌ if you have any spartan stores around they may carry them as their store brand ad well.

• Options
    I love these suggestions. Definitely going to try some of these out. Thank you!

We went shopping this evening so we had Outback. I have been able to eat mashed potatoes if I have steak with them. I was so looking forward to the mashed potatoes and they sucked. Blah.
  • Options
    etherhay Noosa yogurts have high protein to carb ratios, and they are so yummy!
  • Options

I love these suggestions. Definitely going to try some of these out. Thank you!

We went shopping this evening so we had Outback. I have been able to eat mashed potatoes if I have steak with them. I was so looking forward to the mashed potatoes and they sucked. Blah.

What a bummer! It's not very often we get to be excited about a carby food & then when it sucks it makes it even worse! Hopefully the steak was really good!

• Options
    jarrard1983jarrard1983 member
    edited January 2015
    Ok I days...

B- 2 pieces of French toast, eggs, bacon
    L- cottage cheese, pineapple
    S1- pepperoni, cheese, crackers
    D- steak, brown rice, brocolli and cheese
    S2- popcorn

B- bacon and egg sandwich
    L- grilled cheese and tomato soup
    S1- mock frosty, cheese and crackers
    D- roast, potatoes, carrots
    S2- hummus, cucumber, peaches

B- Peanut butter toast, milk
    L- tuna fish sandwich, apple
    S1- apple, peanut butter
    D- cranberry chicken, stuffing, green beans
    S2- instant breakfast, cottage cheese
  • Options
    Made grilled chicken parm-homemade marinara & grated mozzarella so yummy! Side of broccoli & brown rice for an enjoyable dinner.
  • Options
    I just got back my test results that I have GD today. I love that you are sharing your meal ideas! I know this will really help me as I have to start changing my diet! 
  • Options
    anehrkorn said:

I just got back my test results that I have GD today. I love that you are sharing your meal ideas! I know this will really help me as I have to start changing my diet! 

We have a check in thread too. Though I need to start a new one! There's lots of info and support there.
  • Options
    stefmxo said:

If anyone wants something ultra delicious the burrito bowl from chipotle with brown rice, no beans is amazeballs. My levels are always perfect after eating it!

I've never eaten at chipotle. We only have qdoba and cafe rio around here. I do know beans and rice comprise a complete protein, though!
  • Options
    I make similar at home & use my crock pot to cook the meat & I have my lunches (& snacks!) set for a whole week! So good! I tried it for dinner one night & my numbers weren't as good. I just burn more energy during the day to help burn off the carbs!
  • Options
    I like taco bells cantina bowl. I haven't had one since GD though. I have a pamphlet that the dietitian gave me with all the popular fast food restaurants nutritional menus in it. It's pretty helpful.
  • Options
    @stefmxo‌ omg chipotle is the best! I've been able to eat the burritos with no problem. I stuff my face every time I go. I've noticed that I can eat all the burritos and nachos I want with no sugar spikes yet.

I also solved my French fry dilemma....they have to be fresh hand cut potatoes instead of the processed Crap. It makes sense because I can eat a baked potato and should be able to eat fries. I figured that out after a trip to Five Guys for juicy burgers and their fresh fries, which I ate a bunch of...like Seriously....a bunch.
    BFP - 6/28.....Unofficial(waiting on u/s) EDD - 3/9

image    image

July Siggy Challenge. Summer Fail. March 2015 Group
    baby development
  • Options

I like taco bells cantina bowl. I haven't had one since GD though. I have a pamphlet that the dietitian gave me with all the popular fast food restaurants nutritional menus in it. It's pretty helpful.

The crunchy taco supremes at Taco Bell are 15 carbs. Their bean and cheese burrito? 55 carbs. Sigh.
  • Options
    I made pizza quesadillas last night. 40 carbs in 2 tortillas. I'm allowed 45 carbs for lunch and dinner. Wouldn't you know my sugar was high at 137 after 2 hours. I was upset. If I eat the allowed carbs I'm always high. And flour tortillas and I don't work I guess. :(
  • Options

I made pizza quesadillas last night. 40 carbs in 2 tortillas. I'm allowed 45 carbs for lunch and dinner. Wouldn't you know my sugar was high at 137 after 2 hours. I was upset. If I eat the allowed carbs I'm always high. And flour tortillas and I don't work I guess. :(

Flour tortillas kill my readings, but I'm usually good with corn.
  • Options
    @Whitfry‌ thats what I am thinking it is. Going to try corn tortillas next time. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"