Late Term and Child Loss

PgAL check in 1/2/15

Hi ladies.  I hope you and baby have been well this week!  Please feel free to post any questions you may have for each other.  

How far along are you? 

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones?

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions?

QOTW: Happy New Year!  What are your reflections on 2014 and any wishes for 2015?

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?

Re: PgAL check in 1/2/15

• Hi ladies.  I hope you and baby have been well this week!  Please feel free to post any questions you may have for each other.  

How far along are you? 31 weeks

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Same old, same old - NSTs and Bios twice a week... actually leaving in 5 minutes to go to the OB!

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? Well, I have successfully located the chip aisle in every local grocery store around here. 

QOTW: Happy New Year!  What are your reflections on 2014 and any wishes for 2015? 2014 - you suck.  Seriously. I feel like by moving into the new year, I'm leaving behind the only year that my boys were alive and in my arms.  But at the same time, every year that comes is one year closer to seeing them again. I hope that 2015 brings us a happy, healthy, full-term baby.... but I also hope that we are still able to keep Conner and Benjamin's memories alive next year as well. 

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? Nesting, for sure.  Our house needs some serious cleaning!  Also, the boys' birthday is coming up on the 10th (four days after my 30th!) and I am anxious for what the day will bring. 
  • Hi ladies!

How far along are you? 24w2d

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Jan 16th next OB. Baby boy is officially viable! yayayay!!  

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? Just tired and peeing a lot! 

QOTW: Happy New Year!  What are your reflections on 2014 and any wishes for 2015?Meh, 2014 was hard. TTCAL, losing my grandfather, Mom being diagnosed with cancer and passing away...wew. I am looking forward to 2015 and the joy it will bring with our little rainbow. I am looking forward to being happy, it feels like it has been a long time.  

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? My Mom, Ana, scared about losing our rainbow boy.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Loading the player...
  • @ikrystal... 31 weeks! Wew. I will also be having OB/NST and ultrasounds weekly once I hit 30 weeks. Baby appointments will be my full time job! haha, which is fine with me. :)

My Blog

Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Hi ladies...I'm on mobile soy formatting will be cray but I did want to pop in over here. How far along are you? 4 weeks 5 days upcoming appts or milestones? First us a week from today...it may be too early to see a hb but I've been in that early for my last 2 pregnancies and it was our first clue something was off so I'm nervous for sure. Qotw: 2014 was my first year without bunny...I have come so far and am thankful for that. I'm hoping 2015 finallllllly brings us our rainbow. Open topic: I feel very hopeful and good about this pregnancy but I can't help but be scared to death. We have such a long way to go and several milestones to cross...it can be overwhelming.

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• @ikrystal - congrats on 31 weeks! I'll be thinking of you as you approach your boys' birthday - so many hugs. I've been loving chips too:)
    @shandorfml2 - you've had so many challenges in 2014. So many hugs to you and praying your rainbow boy continues to do well. I think I'll be living at the ob at the end of my pregnancy with the schedule they have planned.
    @bunnybun4 - congratulations!!! Praying your US goes well. PGal is crazy, but we are here for you.
  • How far along are you? 17 weeks

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones?
    A/S in 2 weeks

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions?
    vomitting comes and goes, but it's not everyday which is great

QOTW: Happy New Year!  What are your reflections on 2014 and any wishes for 2015?
    2014 was a hard year. It a great year because my son was born, but so hard because he was not alive. I am so glad that I met him, held him and had the time with him that I did. He meant the world to me. I just wish he was alive. I'm hopeful and nervous for his sibling.
    Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?
    Just waiting for the A/S  - I wish we could fast forward sometimes.
  • ::lurking::

@ikrystal‌ - 31 weeks! So great! Been praying for you and YH and your boys and will continue to do so as the 10th draws near. ((Hugs))

@shandorfml2‌ - ((hugs)) for making it through such a tough year! 2015 has great potential to be a very good year!

@bunnybun4‌ - eek! I am so excited to see you over here! Congratulations!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • @ikrystal‌ : 31 weeks! That's awesome! Thinking of you and your boys!

@shandorfml2‌ :I can't imagine what a crazy difficult year this has been for
    You but praying 2015 will be filled with healing and a new little baby to keep!

@bunnybun4‌ : welcome! Congratulations! So happy for you and pray this is an uneventful pregnancy!

@msunshine123‌ : Ahhh can't wait for your A/S scan! I know what you mean about wanting time to go faster!

How far along are you? 13 weeks!

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? NT scan and MFM appt. on Monday! Can't come Soon enough!

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? Nothing really... Just hungry all the time!

QOTW: Happy New Year! What are your reflections on 2014 and any wishes for 2015? Ughhhh 2014 was tough, I'm kinda glad to have it over! And as much as I often feel like I'm moving further away from Mary, I know I'm also closer to seeing her again!

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? Can't wait for a good appt. on Monday and to see this little nugget and make sure everything is ok. The fear is out of control! I've seriously looked into getting a portable ultrasound machine for home because I get so afraid between appts!
  • shandorfml2 Congrats on reaching viability week!  I know 2014 has been especially hard for you.  Prayers that 2015 brings you health, happiness, and love. 

bunnybun4 Congrats and welcome to the check in!  I know PgAL brain can be especially hard, so please let any of us know if you need anything. FX for a great ultrasound next week!

msunshine123 Hugs to you as we enter 2015.  It is so hard leaving behind a year with conflicting emotions - the year that you had your baby but the year that you lost your baby as well. FX for a great anatomy scan.  I hope the time between now and then passes quickly. 

stefuge Thank you! Hope 2015 is treating you well so far... best wishes that this year, we welcome you into this check in for a happy and healthy 9 months. 

schulme2 Good luck on Monday!  And I love the way you look at the coming year - that much closer to seeing her again :)  I tell myself that as well to get myself through tough days. 
  • I missed last week's check in. It was a crazy week full of bathroom re-tiling, but it is mostly done now.

How far along are you? 24 weeks, 5 days

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Next OB appointment and glucose test in a little over a week. I already did that once at the beginning of this pregnancy. I was hoping I didn't have to do it again.

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? Still have hip pain in the evenings if I have been sitting down for a while. At least it is just in the evening now. I think with Nathaniel it was pretty bad all the time by 24 weeks.
    Also When I eat I want to eat all the food. Salty stuff is preferred.

QOTW: Happy New Year!  What are your reflections on 2014 and any wishes for 2015? 2014 was hard with the end of my pregnancy with Nathaniel complete with lots of NSTs and extra ultrasounds and then his birth and death. But we are getting better slowly. I feel like I'm actually in a place where I can help other people now. 
    I have met some amazing new friends here and in real life. I wrote a book and started a blog. 
    For 2015 I want to continue to remember Nathaniel and include him in things we do as a family. I want to get my book published and continue things that we are doing to help others in memory of Nathaniel.
    Mostly for 2015 I want to carry this baby as long as possible, give birth to her, and bring her home to live with us. Everything else is just extra.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? I'm starting to feel baby girl move a lot more which is good, but somehow it is still not real that she is coming in a few months. I know I'm pregnant, but I seem to be having a hard time convincing myself that she is coming home.
    We did buy some decorating things for the nursery this week and she got some Christmas presents from family members so maybe that will help.

Abigail Grace 9/7/10
    Nathaniel Willis born sleeping 2/6/14
    Felicity Hope 4/6/15

• @shulme2 - good luck tomorrow! I hope you see your little one and that they are doing great. I did get a portable doppler just to check once and awhile - it helps.
    @dadalou - I feel the same way - I know I'm pregnant, but it's hard to imagine this baby coming home because that hasn't happened. So many hugs.
  • @ikrystal I'm always happy to see you report another week along :)
    I feel the same way you do about 2014. Happy to see it go, sad for it to be a new year that Lincoln wasn't alive in, but happy to be another year closer to seeing him again. Loss completely changes perspective on the passage of time, that's for sure.
    Happy early birthday, and I'll be thinking of you on Conner and Benjamin's birthday. I remember my birthday being difficult this year, and I can only imagine how difficult it would be with the boys' birthday right around the corner.

@shandorfml2 I'm glad you're able to see a light at the end of the difficult tunnel you've been in and look forward to finding happiness this year. That's a very healthy way to approach the new year I think.

@bunnybun4 Congratulations!! Welcome to the check in! I hope you can at least get a little reassurance at your first appointment, be sure to keep us posted!

@msunshine123 I'm with you, sometimes I just want to fast forward. I feel bad wishing my time away, but all this waiting is incredibly difficult. I hope you end up loosing track of time and it will just fly by...hey, it could happen!

@schulme2 Good luck today!! Keep us posted, I'll be looking for a fun baby update!

@dadalou I'm so proud of you and everything you've accomplished this past year. You've been incredibly strong, and I have a feeling you'll be unstoppable in 2015.
    As for it not seeming real that baby girl is going to come home, I hope that reality will come for all of us in 2015. My doctor says it's that we're conditioned to expect the worst because it's all we've known. We expect things to end badly. But he promises there is such a thing as a "normal" pregnancy, and people have perfectly healthy babies. I'll be thrilled with just relatively healthy, I'm not even asking for perfection! 

• How far along are you? 27 weeks, 1 day

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Level II ultrasound one week from today. I'm counting down days, I cannot wait to see this little guy again and make sure he's been growing.

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? I overdid it a little with the cleaning/organizing/nesting this weekend so my sciatic pain came back a little, but it was worth it. I still can't brush my tongue without gagging though. 

QOTW: Happy New Year!  What are your reflections on 2014 and any wishes for 2015? Overall I was happy to see 2014 go. I hate for it to be a whole new year that Lincoln never knew, but happy to see this awful year pass and for the holidays to be over. I was out of energy to cope with it all.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? I've been able to enjoy setting up Harrison's room more than I thought. We've changed the layout and that helped a lot. Still have to go through Lincoln's clothes and the items still in bags after being packed from his hospital room, but we're making steps forward and I'm happy with that.
    I'm also going to start a journal to write down everything I remember about Lincoln. I'm so afraid that his brother coming and time passing will cloud my memories. I think writing it all down will help calm that fear.
  • @ikrystal, thanks for the check-in!  I'll be thinking of you this week as you make your way towards the boys' birthday.  ((hugs))  And I just had to say that I clicked on your blog for the first time today, and you and your bump are freakin adorable. Ridiculously so.  Just sayin.

@shandorfml2, congrats on viability!  I feel like your pregnancy is flying by.

@bunnybun4, welcome to the check-in!  I'm so happy to see you here.  I hope your appointment later this week going great and that you get to a beautiful heartbeat or two (you did transfer two, right?)!

@msunshine123 I hope the next couple of weeks pass quickly for you and you have a wonderful anatomy scan.

@schulme2, good luck at your NT scan today!  I hope a great report today will help relieve some of your anxieties and hold you over until the next time you see your LO.  I hadn't even thought about people using portable ultrasound machines at home.  Do you have a doppler?

@dadalou, ((hugs)).  I'm still very early in pregnancy and fighting the first trimester worries but I know that as I hit milestones like the second trimester, viability, and full term, I still won't feel much confidence that the baby will be coming home.  Until he/she is in my arms with a clean bill of heath, I don't think I'll be able to exhale.  I'm glad you're preparing for her arrival; hopefully at some point all of the preparations will train your brain to believe that this is your rainbow.

November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• How far along are you? 6w5d

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? I had my first appointment with my OB on Friday.  We got to see our LO's heartbeat!  He/she measured a couple of days behind, and I know my dates are not off, but my rational side still knows that this is completely normal.  I know that some babies are just a little behind, just as some babiesa re always a little ahead.  And I know that measurements are going to vary based on who is taking them and based on what picture they freeze to take them.  My irrational side is still freaking out a little though.  My next ultrasound is the 14th, so I'm hoping the next several days fly by.

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? I don't feel sick at all yet but I'm having a lot of moments where food sounds dreadful.  No other symptoms really. 

QOTW: Happy New Year! What are your reflections on 2014 and any wishes for 2015? 2014 is a year of such mixed emotions.  It was the year I found out I was pregnant with Layla.  It was the only year where her heart beat and I got to experiece her alive inside of me.  And it is the year that my world collapsed.  I'll never be able to call it the worst year of my life since it's the only year I had with her and the only year I got to hold her in my arms and kiss her sweet face but it's the year containing the worst moment of my life -- when her heart stopped beating.  Like so many of you, I'll try to view the new year as one year closer to seeing her again, and the year I hopefully get to bring my rainbow home.  2015, please be kind to all of us on this board.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? I have no appointments this week, so this week is filled with ideas for how to distract myself and pass the time! :)
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 

• @cheesypeas Hooray for a healthy heartbeat! Babies measure a few days one way or the other all the time, no biggie at all :)
    I hope you can get distracted and this week passes quickly!
  • bunnybun4             Congrats!!!!!  :)

Brooke Elizabeth born Feb 17, 2013 grew wings May 9, 2013 @ 11 weeks & 4 days old from SIDS

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• CheesyPeas            Congrats on the heartbeat!

Brooke Elizabeth born Feb 17, 2013 grew wings May 9, 2013 @ 11 weeks & 4 days old from SIDS

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• @cheesypeas YAY for a hb. When I had my first u/s it was 4 days later than what FF said. I FREAKED haha, but obviously things are going well. The u/s with DD was I believe ten days off what FF said! Try not to stress to much :)

My Blog

Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Thanks @shandorfml2, that makes me feel a lot better.  One of my friends told me how her 3 year old measured behind at every ultrasound too and she too charted and knew when she ovulated.  It helps to have people reassure me that my rational side isn't just trying to trick me into false hope! :)
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 

• Back at work, so I can actually use a computer and respond! 
    How far along are you? 31w5d

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Not this week

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? Heartburn, trouble sleeping, super emotional, you know, all the fun stuff

Even with the good things of 2014 (getting pregnant again, buying a new house, etc.), it better be the worst year of our lives.  At least I have perspective now, nothing is as bad as losing your child.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? I cannot believe that Q would be turning 1 in 6 days.  I am so incredibly emotional and sad about it.  We have decided to celebrate his birthday by asking friends and family to do something good in his honor, whether that be making a donation to a nonprofit, volunteering, or some other random act of kindness.  We have already gotten a great response so far, and that makes me really happy :)

Me 32 (Stage IV Endometriosis, short luteal phase) DH 38

Married 5/2010

January 2014- DS born healthy at 35.4 weeks

February 2014- DS passed away due to complications from adenovirus

February 2015- Rainbow baby DD born at 36.3 weeks

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/42fd32 

• ikrystal : I feel the exact same way about leaving 2014 behind.  It makes me sad to be in a year that Q doesn't exist, but I am also glad to be starting a new year that has to be better.

shandorfml2 : Yay for viability!

bunnybun4 : Congratulations!

schulme2: Hope your NT scan went well!           

@cheesypeas  Yay for a heartbeat!

Me 32 (Stage IV Endometriosis, short luteal phase) DH 38

Married 5/2010

January 2014- DS born healthy at 35.4 weeks

February 2014- DS passed away due to complications from adenovirus

February 2015- Rainbow baby DD born at 36.3 weeks

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/42fd32 

• @Mel&amp;John2013 - I'm glad you are enjoying setting up the room for Harrison. I can only imagine how it will feel going through Lincoln's clothes as I know I will have a hard time too - so many hugs. Hoping Harrison's level II ultrasound goes great!
    @CheesyPeas - glad you got to see LO's heartbeat - it's the best. Hoping the next few days fly by so you can see your LO continuing to do well.
    @erinel - I love how you have chosen to celebrate Q's 1st birthday and I'm glad your family and friends are being supportive. So many hugs to you as anniversaries are not easy.
  • Ladies, you have NO IDEA how much it warms my heart to see how supportive this group is.  Everyone supports each other during the check in and I really love that. Thank you :)

dadalou Glad the bathroom is almost done and you can relax at home.  I agree with your thoughts on 2015 - healthy baby, and everything else is extra.  I have no doubt that you will continue doing great things for Nathaniel this year and for years to come. 

Mel&John2013 Thank you for your support.  FX for a great next ultrasound.  And I think starting a journal is a great idea - I did that (wrote a letter to my boys after they were born - I think it is 44 pages long. Yeesh) and it eventually became my blog.  Time always clouds our memories, and having something to remember our babies by is something we can cherish.  I wish you the best on your journey to writing it :)

CheesyPeas Aw you are just the sweetest! And thanks for checking out the blog.  I am so glad you got to hear the HB.  What a great moment!  I hope this helps calm you - but I know our exact due date because we did IVF.  Baby girl is meauring 1.5 weeks behind, but she is, from what we can tell, healthy. She is rocking her NSTs and bios every week.  What you said about 2014 - you can't call it the worst year because you got to have your baby, but it had your worst moment - that was perfectly said. I've been trying to think of a way to describe 2014 and you nailed it. Best wishes for you in 2015 :)

erinel The similarities in our dates are something that I appreciate - we are both the same gestational week and our boys were born so close together last year (Conner and Ben are in 4 days).  We are also doing RAOKs for their birthday and I will be thinking of you and your family and doing something nice for your angel on hsi birthday :)

• schulme2schulme2 member
    edited January 2015
    @dadalou that's so awesome about wanting to publish your book! Keep us posted on how that goes!

@mel&amp;john2013 can't wait to hear how your next ultrasound goes! I'm so glad your getting things ready for Harrison's room. I think journaling is a great idea!

@cheesypeas congrats on the HB! And I think a couple days behind is totally normal. I think this little one was a few days behind in the beginning but yesterday was like 4 days ahead of that!

@erinel praying for you as you approach Q's birthday! Random Acts are a wonderful way to honor his life!

Thank you for all the good wishes for my appt. NT scan went well yesterday! Well, not super well because this little crazy would not stop standing on its head so they couldn't get the measurement but that just means I get to see him/her again on Friday for another try! Everything else looked great though and was actually measuring a little bit ahead of where she/he had been!
  • @schulme2 yay for a good NT scan. Sounds like you got a little monkey!

My Blog

Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• @ikrystal I just wanted to throw in that I agree. I feel so lucky to be part of such an amazing support group. You ladies are awesome!
  • schulme2 So glad everything went well!  FX for another great ultrasound tomorrow!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"