Baby Names
Options

Baby girl : Johanna

Baby girl due in April. We just had a different name idea.. Now we are considering Johanna Lynn or Johanna Ann

Dh late grandma's name was Johanna. And we also saw that it is the feminine variant of John, which is the name of my dh late brother.

Re: Baby girl : Johanna

• Options
    I really like Johanna. Lynn is the best MN choice.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Love: March 2010  Marriage: July 2013  Debt Free: October 2014  TTC: April 2015
     BFP: April 10, 2016 EDD: December 19, 2016 Team Blue!
    Oscar born November 20, 2016 at 35w6d

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you, I agree Johanna Ann just does not sound right. We would most likely go with Johanna Lynn.
  • Options
    Johanna is beautiful. Not too common either.
  • Options
    Johanna is beautiful and my Gram's name too. She was Johanna Adelaide. We were going to name DS Johanna Kate if he had been a girl.
  • Options
    I love Johanna. I think Lynn would be better than Ann.
  • Options
    Johanna Lynn is lovely!  
  • Options
    Johanna Lynn
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I love Johanna! Johanna Lynn is lovely

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Love Johanna
  • Options
    Love love love Johanna! It's such a lovely name that you rarely see anymore.
  • Options
    Thanks for the positive feedback!! Lynn is my grandma's name and my mom's middle name so it does have family significance. I am not the biggest fan of it but I want to honor my side of the family too. I also like Elizabeth as a mn but my husbands grandma's full name was Johanna Elizabeth and I don't want to copy that exactly.
  • Options
    I really like Johanna Lynn!!
  • Options
    Thanks! I'm worried people will mispronounce it as Joanna. I really like Johanna- do you think she will be constantly correcting others?
  • Options
    bromios said:

Nacho521 said:

Thanks! I'm worried people will mispronounce it as Joanna. I really like Johanna- do you think she will be constantly correcting others?

It's an easy enough correction to make - after the first day at school people won't mess it up, and who honestly cares if telemarketers mess up your name? It's amazing, I love it - go thou and use it!

Actually, on that note, I loved having a constantly mispronounced maiden name. It made weeding out telemarketers muuuuch easier. So that would only be a benefit;)

In any case, I agree. I don't think it'll be mispronounced.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"