Done!

LeilaniMommyLeilaniMommy member
edited January 2015 in February 2015 Moms
Move on to the next post!

Re: Done!

• Options
    jennjilljojennjilljo member
    edited January 2015
    I'm Ftm 35weeks +3 I was wondering if I could ask my doctor at my next appointment to be induced at 39weeks
    Why would you not want to carry longer than 39 weeks? 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm guessing you can always ask but she's probably not going to without some serious questioning.
  • Options
    And keep in mind, while I'm sure you're tired of being pregnant and you're super excited to meet your baby, remember what's on the other side. Enjoy being pregnant for now, back pain and all.
  • Options
    AF9211AF9211 member
    edited January 2015
    We're starting with these already? I thought we had a few weeks until people asked to be induced... Wishful thinking. image
    I'm surprised there haven't been more "how can I induce labor at home/on my own" posts!  8-|

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    MommalawyerMommalawyer member
    edited January 2015
    Here's my two cents. I'd have a damn good reason for it because being induced before baby is ready is no cake walk. I was induced with DD at 39 weeks. Why? Because I was so swollen I was starting to lose feeling in my arms and legs. It had been a week since feeling my hands & feet. Not that I could feel them, but I couldn't even put stretchy flip flops on my feet due to the swelling. I was also in excruciating pain from a hernia as well. Labor was very, very difficult. There were HOURS of zero progress. ZERO. Finally, after a bunch of meds, body was ready. I PUSHED for 2.5 hours. PUSHED. There were 2 contraction cycles where I had to take a break because I had absolutely no energy. It was exhausting. I nearly had an emergency c-section. Now, DD was difficult due to her size, but I suspect that had I waited for her AND my body, I may not have been in the position of "hey you're minutes away from a c-section. Your baby has been in the birth canal way too long." I'm no doctor or medical expert, but I feel pretty confident in saying that DD wasn't ready to come out & that's why my labor was so long.

So yeah. Wait for baby and your body to sync up.
    Me: 38     DH: 36
    Married: July 21, 2013
    TTC#1 (between us): June/July 2013

DX: MFI (low count and motility)
    Charting/OPK/CBFM July 2013-present
    1st RE Visit: January 2014
    Cycling: 
    March 2014- 75iu follistim + trigger + progesterone + IUI = BFN and OHSS
    (8 million post wash 47% motility, 18mm/17mm/16mm/16mm/14mm follies)
    April/May 2014- Benched due to cysts/enlarged ovaries
    June 2014- 50iu follistim + trigger + progesterone + IUI = BFP!!
    (10 million post wash 60% motility, 20mm/19mm follies)
    Beta 1- 85 Beta 2- 2,752 - EDD 2/27/2015

Everyone welcome. Strength in numbers!

• Options
    AF9211 said:

We're starting with these already? I thought we had a few weeks until people asked to be induced... Wishful thinking.

I'm surprised there haven't been more "how can I induce labor at home/on my own" posts!  8-|

Brace yourself. They're coming.
    Dr. ACPruchnik, TVMD & SBE

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward To After Baby's Born

Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Inside babies are much easier than outside babies. 

Psh. Nuh-unh. Cause then I won't have all this back pain and pelvic pain and pushing and shoving. And I can DRINK!
  • Options
    I heard castor oil really gets things moving if you know what I mean ;)

But for real, you baby will come when they are ready to be in this world. Everyday inside is essential for a healthy LO. Please ask your doctor the importance of 40 weeks.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    My dd was a c section at 39 weeks for various health reasons. Luckily she didn't have to go to nicu and wasn't jaundice but she also wasn't ready. I'm suffering from hg and completely awful at being pregnant and I'm still going to let this little guy cook as long as I can!

There is no reason that isn't medical necessity to induce early. Please don't do this. If I could've kept Dd in longer I would have. Take a look at our nicu babies, their momma's fought so hard to keep them in and wish everyday they could have stayed in longer, then look at our momma's fighting to keep their babies in as long as possible. What you're asking is selfish and unnecessary.

My sil induced her second son early because my brother was home for two weeks on deployment, it went terrible. He wasn't ready and it caused a lot of complication for her. Just don't.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

But for real, you baby will come when they are ready to be in this world. Everyday inside is essential for a healthy LO. Please ask your doctor the importance of 40 weeks.

NO, please no castor oil. Out of the umpteen birth stories I've read on TB, I can't think of one that started with "so I tried castor oil and it worked!" The likelihood of severe dehydration alone should be enough to steer people way clear of that one.
    I was under the impression that castor oil was more likely to make you crap yourself than to start labor. Might want to google that one...
    Me: 38     DH: 36
    Married: July 21, 2013
    TTC#1 (between us): June/July 2013

DX: MFI (low count and motility)
    Charting/OPK/CBFM July 2013-present
    1st RE Visit: January 2014
    Cycling: 
    March 2014- 75iu follistim + trigger + progesterone + IUI = BFN and OHSS
    (8 million post wash 47% motility, 18mm/17mm/16mm/16mm/14mm follies)
    April/May 2014- Benched due to cysts/enlarged ovaries
    June 2014- 50iu follistim + trigger + progesterone + IUI = BFP!!
    (10 million post wash 60% motility, 20mm/19mm follies)
    Beta 1- 85 Beta 2- 2,752 - EDD 2/27/2015

Everyone welcome. Strength in numbers!

• Options

NO, please no castor oil. Out of the umpteen birth stories I've read on TB, I can't think of one that started with "so I tried castor oil and it worked!" The likelihood of severe dehydration alone should be enough to steer people way clear of that one.
    I was totally being sarcastic. Sorry I should have made that more clear. I wouldn't recommend any form of home remedies to start labor.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    I have had a previous full term loss and in two subsequent deliveries my doctors and midwives WOULD NOT (repeat: would not) induce at 39 weeks absent an indication of medical necessity. Thank g-d I had no issues and those babies were born healthily at 39 w 5 d and 40 w 2 d.

Repeat c sections may be scheduled at 39 weeks, because in that instance doctors are trying to thread the needle of baby being mature enough to deliver without mom actually going into labor (there are valid statistics that demonstrate moms do better in RCS if they do not labor first).

Unless you develop some issue such as pre-eclampsia or your baby has some issue develop, your care team likely wouldn't entertain an induction at 39 weeks. I hope your pregnancy proceeds in good health.
  • Options
    My OB will induce at 39 weeks as long as she deems baby healthy., which is rediculous to me. I have had several friends do it only because they were uncomfortable! There is no reason not to wait until baby is ready. The only reason to induce is if it's medically necessary or you have gone over. I am being told I'll have a big baby (just a estimate from doctors of course) but I would gladly wait til my baby and body were ready, and push out a 9-10 pound baby, if that means she's healthy. Don't induce just because you are impatient or uncomfortable. God forbid anything bad should happen but if it did you'd never forgive yourself.
  • Options
    And if you are still stubborn after reading these replies and try at home natural inductions please atleast stay away from castor oil, as PP have mentioned. I know an idiot who was trying to force her baby out at 34 weeks,34 f-ing weeks, cause "she couldn't take it anymore". This was her experience: she drank about 1/2 a cup of the crap and about 5 minutes later her baby went crazy. Kicking and squirming like she had never before, then nothing. She just stopped kicking and squirming. The girl went up to L&D and had an emergency c-section due to rapid dropping of baby's heart rate. In the 1 1/2 hours it took her to get to the hospital baby had apparently pooped alot in the womb and had swallowed so much of the toxin in feces (starts with an M, not sure on exact name) that she fought in the NICU for almost a week before passing away from the toxin. DO NOT BE SELFISH!!! WAIT!!
  • Options
    My OB will induce at 39 weeks as long as she deems baby healthy., which is rediculous to me. I have had several friends do it only because they were uncomfortable! There is no reason not to wait until baby is ready. The only reason to induce is if it's medically necessary or you have gone over. I am being told I'll have a big baby (just a estimate from doctors of course) but I would gladly wait til my baby and body were ready, and push out a 9-10 pound baby, if that means she's healthy. Don't induce just because you are impatient or uncomfortable. God forbid anything bad should happen but if it did you'd never forgive yourself.
    That would actually make me question my OB's general competence! I kindof want to ask my OB group now just to see what they say, although that would probably just make me nervous and finding a new group wouldn't be good at this point.  
  • Options
    SNail312`SNail312` member
    edited January 2015
    @HayleyBug55‌ Oh my gosh, I had no idea that could happen :'( it's absolutely heartbreaking. I had a class with a girl who was 37 weeks and induced because it was a convenient time for her. She was finishing her last final then moving to the next town over. I'm sorry, but I'm not inducing when it's convenient, birth isn't supposed to be a "I'll put it in my planner" thing. (NOT including Medically necessary inductions obviously) Also, no clue how reliable this is, but they're looking at links between autism rates and induction rates. Could be an interesting study?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @flyster‌ my OB seems to be a hot spot for very young mothers (her youngest right now is 12) but yes that is crazy. It's so late in the game for me I'm not switching again but if she ask if I'd like to induce it will be a big, fat NO.
    @maasybaby‌ & @SNail312`‌ It is sad and it was selfish. If castor oil makes us violently have the craps then why would it not affect the baby in the same way? ( I had someone explain it to me that way.) I was in no way trying to scare mothers who want to try to induce at home rather than have it done medically. Just do it with labor inducing exercises. The ones I know of are laying flat on the floor and raising your hips up as far as you can, squatting to allow gravity to do the work, lunges, and walking. I understand if you want to induce at home, I'd much rather do that than be medically induced, just stay away from castor oil. That girls experience has definitely made me decide I am not trying that crap.
  • Options
    I've seen a ton of "Healthy babies are worth the wait" PSAs since I've been pregnant. Apparently the message is not getting across.
  • Options
    Yeah, you go ahead and get induced. Pitocin is loads of fun!
    OMG! You aren't kidding! My water broke with my first and no contractions started, so after 4-5 hours of nothing, the doctor put me on pitocin. That stuff was made by Satan himself. 
  • Options
    The only good thing about Pitocin was the kickass pain medication they gave me. Do not induce if you don't have to, nothing is worth putting your baby's health at risk. The last days of gestation are crucial to lung development.
    F15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Decoration Fails

Natalie Ann is on her way!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Girl bye I didn't ask you for all that its a simple damn question either answer the question in a respectful way or Stfu!
  • Options
    With all that being said u can kiss my ass way goes on with yu is your buisness while all yall trying to critisize me for asking this question just know its a good reason I'm asking this that I don't have to explain to y'all ignorant dumb asses.
  • Options

I'm Ftm 35weeks +3 I was wondering if I could ask my doctor at my next appointment to be induced at 39weeks

So you're being selfish while there are several of us with preterm babies in the NICU and many others fighting to keep our babies in the full 40 (including myself trying to cope with knowing I'll be lucky to make it 3 more weeks). Yeah, that should go over really well for you here.

So, hello and goodbye. You won't last long in this group.

Kiss my ass is all I have to say to you...
  • Options

Girl bye I didn't ask you for all that its a simple damn question either answer the question in a respectful way or Stfu!

Qfp.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"