Maryland Babies

Cost of Howard Co day care?

Hi folks,

DH and I are expecting our first in September. Can anyone tell me about how much infant care costs in Columbia? We are open to both home care and center-based care. Thanks in advance!

Re: Cost of Howard Co day care?

• I would like to know what the ranges are too as well as any recommendations!

Anniversary 

• All of the centers we looked at were around 1600 a month. Some a little more, some a little less (and I'm talking maybe $50 in either direction).

We looked at: Goddard, The Young School, Celebree, Columbia Academy, and Bet Yeladim.

In home ranged from 200-300 a week.

• Loading the player...
  • We use an in-home daycare in Columbia and she charges $230 for infants.  Centers were way too expensive...in the $350 range.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @junebugrbig do you recommend her? Does she have openings in the next two months?
  • We use an in-home as well. Ours is $250/week for infants (up to age 3 I think). The centers we looked at were just under $400/week.

Me:27, DH:28 - DX: MFI, varicocele repair Nov 2011 
    Post-Op SA: Count- 15 million, Motility- 75%, Morphology- 3% 
    IVF with ICSI - Stimming 10/4/12 - 10/13/12, Lupron Trigger
    ER 10/18/1212 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 5 fertilized
    5 day transfer 10/23/12, 3 frosties
    Beta #1 11/5/12: 453, Beta #2 11/7/12: 1,013, DD born 7/19/13
  • We also looked into infant care in Columbia/Elkridge/Ellicott City. Glen Mar Early Learning was the cheapest, around $1340/mo. Kindercare's are $1550-$1650/mo. Grace Early Childhood Center is $1463/mo. I have a list of other locations if you are interested but I would agree that $1500/mo was about average. We are entertaining the idea of in-home care and nanny share now. Any recommendations for in-home providers with infant openings in the beginning of September are welcome! We are only looking for part-time care Tues through Thursday. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @junebugrbig‌ @pantsarella‌ I have sent you both personal messages inquiring about recommendations for infant care. Hopefully you can offer some insight into places to look.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"