Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Intro. 40 week loss mentioned.

fuss444fuss444 member
edited January 2015 in Late Term and Child Loss
Hello ladies! A couple others steered me to this board..it may be where I belong. 5 years ago at age 22-23 my daughter was still born at 40 weeks. At my 40 week appt, no heartbeat was detected (she was moving the day before..but she was never a very active mover). After a scan, it was determined I had NO amniotic fluid left (I must have been slowly leaking...I remember having to wear panti liners, but was told it was normal as long as I wasn't filling a pad quickly). After induction, my daughter was born with umbilical cord around her neck and it was supposidly "extra long". I don't know which came first or if one caused the other but the cause of all this was never determined...I had a normal by the book pregnancy (unless doc was witholding some details from me throughout). Now here I am pregnant again (12w4d) and scared to death (and super paranoid about SIDS..as my friend lost her son a few weeks after my loss) but trying to get excited. I want to join to offer support and maybe learn a few things. Thanks for reading!

Re: Intro. 40 week loss mentioned.

• Options
    Welcome to the board. I'm sorry for the loss of your daughter. My son was also stillborn at almost 40 weeks. 

It's scary being pregnant after a loss. There is a pgAL check in posted on the board weekly, usually on Fridays. You might want to check it out.
    Abigail Grace 9/7/10
    Nathaniel Willis born sleeping 2/6/14
    Felicity Hope 4/6/15

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss .
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry to welcome you here. Did you name your daughter?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Options
    Aliyah Jade
  • Options
    I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter Aliyah Jade. I lost my son at 39 weeks due to a cord accident. Fine one minute and gone the next. So unbelievable and yet it happens - I never knew it was possible. PgAL can be very challenging, but we are here for you when you need us. ((hugs))
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Married my rock - April 29, 2011
    BFP - June 4, 2011 EDD February 3, 2012
    Super T born @ 37 weeks - January 13, 2012
    Super T diagnosed with stage IV high risk Neuroblastoma nmyc-amp - January 2, 2013
    Super T cancer free - June 19, 2013
    Super T relapsed - January 2, 2014
    Super T earned his angel wings - January 3, 2014

TTC for #2 beginning November 2014
    BFP #2 - Chemical Pregnancy - Confirmed May 29, 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS; HSG - Clear; SA - Clear
    Clomid #1 - BFN
    Femera Cycle #2 - BFN
    Femera Cycle #3 - BFP 11/10/15 - EDD 07/14/16

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad to see your intro over here and wish you the most uneventful pregnancy possible with a beautiful rainbow at the end.
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Options
    Beautiful name :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Options
    So sorry for the loss of your daughter, Aaliyah Jade. What a beautiful name! Welcome and best wishes for 27 more uneventful weeks.

TTC since 10/2010
    IUIs # 1-5 = BFFN
    IVF # 1(July 2012) = BFN
    IVF # 2 (November 2012) = BFP (MIssed MC D&C @ 8w3d on 1/10/13)
    IVF # 3 (June 2013) = BFN 
    IVF # 4 (September 2013) = BFP Fraternal twin boys! (Loss at 21w6d due to IC on 1/26/14...devastated.)
    3/21/14--TAC (transabdominal cerclage) w/Dr. Davis in NJ
    IVF # 5 (May 2014) = BFN
    FET (August 2014) = BFN

• Options
    Someone mentioned MFM.what is that?
  • Options
    fuss444 said:
    Someone mentioned MFM.what is that?

Stands for maternal-fetal medicine, also known as a perinatologist.  They specialize in the care of high-risk pregnancies.
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Options
    ****siggy warning

I'm so sorry you lost Aliyah Jade.
    I hope you have an uneventful pregnancy, and can extra monitoring to calm your nerves.   
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss.
    TTC since August 2013 BFP #1 1/15/14...MMC 2/24/14...D&C 3/3/14 BFP #2 5/11/14 ... severe pre-e placental abruption our angel born sleeping at 22 weeks Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss of Aaliyah Jade. Congratulations on your new pregnancy! I second what PP said, you definitely should push for extra monitoring if they aren't doing it already and to be considered high risk. Welcome to the board.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    **ticker**

I am so sorry for your loss.  We hate "welcoming" new mothers here, but know we are here for you!  I run the PgAL check in on Fridays, if you would like to join us.  The women in the check in are incredible :)
  • Options
    I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter Aliyah Jade (such a beautiful name).  
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"