Breastfeeding

Extended BFing Weekly Check-in- 12/30

For the purposes of this check-in, we will define extended breastfeeding as breastfeeding beyond 1 year. Please feel free to suggest questions for future check-ins! :)

1. How old is your LO?
2. How many times per day does your LO nurse?
3. What is your LO's name for nursing?
Have you had to give up any foods due to allergies in your LO?

Pregnant & BFing Moms: How are you doing this week? Any issues with supply, pain, aversion? Questions for other moms?

Non-breastfeeding question of the week:

Do you have New Year's Eve plans?

Re: Extended BFing Weekly Check-in- 12/30

• Loading the player...
  • 1. How old is your LO?  16 months
    2. How many times per day does your LO nurse? 2x (wake-up and bedtime)
    3. What is your LO's name for nursing? She is just starting to say real words and doesn't have a word for nursing yet.  I'm interested to see if she comes up with one.
    4. Have you had to give up any foods due to allergies in your LO?  No, we haven't encountered any allergies.

Do you have New Year's Eve plans?  Only if "plans" include relaxing on the couch with DH after work and probably going to bed by 10 pm!  We've never been big NYE people, so it's kind of nice to have LO as an excuse not to go out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• vvvvvfee said:

For the purposes of this check-in, we will define extended breastfeeding as breastfeeding beyond 1 year. Please feel free to suggest questions for future check-ins! :)

1. How old is your LO?17 months+

3. What is your LO's name for nursing? Nanas. She will sometimes just sign milk or reach for them too.

Have you had to give up any foods due to allergies in your LO? Initially told she was MSPI so I gave up soy and dairy for a month. It made no difference though. She was just colicky.

Pregnant & BFing Moms: How are you doing this week? Any issues with supply, pain, aversion? I am having some nipple soreness, mainly due to more sessions and her canines coming in on the top. I wish I knew what my supply was like. Is anyone else fielding lots questions about how they will breastfeed?
    Questions for other moms?

Do you have New Year's Eve plans? No plans for NYE just a quiet night at home and hopefully early bedtime. :)

• 1. How old is your LO?
    15+mo

2. How many times per day does your LO nurse?
    Usually 3-4 (plus motn if needed) during week and 5-7 on weekend.

Milk - sounds like muilk

4. Have you had to give up any foods due to allergies in your LO? No, thank goodness!

Pregnant & BFing Moms: How are you doing this week? Any issues with supply, pain, aversion?
    Not preg but planning on TTC in about 3-4 months.

Questions for other moms?
    Any issues with getting pregnant while BFing for anyone? We got pregnant quickly the first two times but a little worried BFing may impact that and/or anyone have an OB not supportive of continued BFing while pregnant ?

Do you have New Year's Eve plans?
    My sister babysat so we could go to dinner. We were home by 9 and in bed by 10. Of course dd wanted in on the countdown so she woke to nurse at 1159am so she was my Nye kiss.

-My step-daughter is 12 years old.

-BFP #1 on 9/2/12, D&C 10/18/12 no heartbeat on US @ 10 weeks.

-BFP #2 on 1/7/13, R was born on 9/22/13 via C-Section

• edited January 2015
    I've been following this board since before my nugget was born but never had anything extra to contribute or ask. But here I am now!

1. How old is your LO? 13 months
    2. How many times per day does your LO nurse? Twice- wake up and before bath time at night
    3. What is your LO's name for nursing? He just reaches up and tugs my shirt collar
  • Don't know why it keeps deleting the rest of my post!

3. I've been using the sign for milk for months but no progress there.
    4. Thankfully no issues with allergies or sensitives

And no special plans last night. I read in my jammies while my H watched football. I did drink some wine though
  • 1. How old is your LO? 6 days
    2. How many times per day does your LO nurse? Every 3_4 hours
    4. Have you had to give up any foods due to allergies in your LO? Nah

Pregnant & BFing Moms: How are you doing this week? Any issues with supply, pain, aversion? Questions for other moms? 
    Starting to get frustrated since.my milk hasn't come in. We're on the 15-15-15 plan where I nurse for 15 mins pump for 15 minutes and she gets 15MLK of formula (now a bit.more). Doctor said yesterday to feed formula to her whenever she wants it and I should nurse her and every 3 hours. I feel like it's Lot of work and honestly going straight to formula feeds is rather appealing. But I'm trying to hold.in there since its still early.
  • @casey78 : thanks for the heads up and thank thInk you for the advice I very much appreciate it :). I am not quite ready to give up so I'll definitely give it a shot. I also plan to schedule a visit with a LC.
  • 1. How old is your LO?  19 months
    2. How many times per day does your LO nurse?  2 (morning and bedtime)
    3. What is your LO's name for nursing?  Boo-boo
    Have you had to give up any foods due to allergies in your LO?  Nope.

Do you have New Year's Eve plans?  Ha. I'm a little late to the check-in. However, we didn't go out. DH and I watched a movie then watched the ball drop in NYC (which was 10pm where we live). We were in bed soon after that. Haven't made it to midnight in several years!

@Cass005  Hang in there! The beginning is SO hard. I too had supply issues at first - jaundiced/sleepy baby led to difficulty establishing an adequate supply and the need to pump and supplement early on. But here we are at 19 months! Good luck!
  • 1. DD is 21.5 months
    2. She nurses on demand (if it's excessive I try to dissuade her) so it can be anywhere over 4 times during the day and at least 2 at night. It's usually more.
    3. She's asks for Bee-bee or Bee Bah-tee when she wants to nurse. Bee-bee/Bee = Breast and Bah-tee = Milk.
    4. Not really. I had to give up coffee bc it was throwing off her nap schedule.

5. Nursing while pregnant is going alright. My nips are still extra sensitive but no pregnancy related aversions. I can usually get her to stop twiddling/asking to twiddle by telling her she has a choice: no twiddling or no Beebee.

6. We went out for sushi but mostly bc neither DH not I wanted to cook. Then we came home and crashed by 10pm.
  • @ejb23
    i did not have any trouble getting pregnant while BFing. we got pregnant the first cycle trying with DS and again with this baby. DS was 26 months and nursing 3x a day when we conceived. i'd gotten my period back when he was 12 months old. my cycles had been long, but relatively regular.

my OB said he thought i should work on weaning DS when i mentioned it at my first pregnancy appointment, but he hasn't mentioned it again. i think he was coming from the perspective of it being an added strain on my body, b/c i felt like death at that first appointment. he's very patient-centered, though, so i don't think he's really going to push it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"