October 2012 Moms

First Weeekend

What's everyone up to this 1st weekend of the new year?
Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

Re: First Weeekend

• I'm going to the doctor at 1. Can't stand this crap anymore. I thought I was feeling marginally better yesterday morning. Well now I have this terrible tasting mucous in my mouth. DH keeps arguing with me that I don't need a hospital. That's why I'm going to my doctor's office, moron! He tells me it's the same thing. Ummm. No. He doesn't know anything about doctors and offices since he refuses to go to them when he's sick. A medical office is for non-urgent care.

We were in Charleston until 8:30 last night, so we didn't get home until after 11. I felt so awful for my poor pup! But he made it without an accident. I was trying to get DH to move his butt with the stuff he wanted to do but he's such a perfectionist. I wish he would have just made certain things look acceptable. Like he complained I did a shitty job painting the deck but it was 1) dark and 2) RAINING. It wasn't supposed to rain but he is probably going to have to go back again to repaint it because of the rain. We had to paint though because it had white blotches all over it from the spackle. Oh well.

• We just got home from target. Bought another one of those cube shelves to organize more and lots of other stuff to tackle the clutter in the house. After lunch the Christmas decorations are coming down and the cleaning will begin.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Loading the player...
  • We went to storytime and Lakeshore today. Headed home for naps and me cooking for the week
    My girlfriend canceled our plans to see Selma after i put B to bed tonight
    So i plan to snuggle with hubby and drink wine instead oh well
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Went to the doc. Sinus infection. Amoxicillan, work some wonders!

• Went to the new house with plans to paint my bathroom, repaint the girls bathroom (hate the color!), the living room, and finish up the kitchen where FIL spackled. Finished both bathrooms and then BOOM. migraine hit. drove home (always a bad idea) and slept for a few hours. Head still hurts but not nearly as bad. Now I'll be tired and in a fog for at least a day :(

• Un-Christmas ing the house. I'm really anal about how stuff gets put away, so it takes forever. The girls were both cranky this morning, I'm hoping its bc they were up late with their cousins and a long nap will take care of it. I'm hoping to just chill out with mh tonight and have a cocktail.
  • @mbm1983 Dragon Age. Duh! LOL This is my third playthrough. I may be slightly addicted.

@BandEddie A loves to whine "Moooommmeeeeeeeeeeeee" at me. For some reason Mommy being whined at me grates on my nerves so much more than Momma being whined at me does. I think it's the "eeeeee" sound that makes me want to stab out my ear drums.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Hubs and I had a day date. Sis watched the kids.
    Now I'm waiting to watch some college bb.

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• DH decided that E didn't need a nap today since he's been staying up until 10 at night some nights. So, here we are at 6:40 trying to play the "keep-the-toddler-awake" game until 8. He was falling asleep as the table for dinner. I'm fuming because DH basically insisted I was stupid and don't know anything about my children since I was insisting he needed a nap. Now he looks stupid.

• @mbm198 E likes to hide all the things under the couch. Every cup he finishes ends up there so I just always look there when something is missing.

• @mbm1983‌ that grey banister looks amazing!

• @NeedUtonite‌ , my H is also a pronoun switcher for his benefit and it makes me bonkers. "We" are not cleaning, I am. "We" didn't did not wake up the baby, you did. But *he* has been watching the girls allll day. Or for like an hour, while "we" clean.
  • Husband lasted 20 min at the museum before he said A got bored so he went to his mom's. Bless his heart i know he is trying. But i said I needed a day of him being Alpha parent. I got 3 hours. Now he's taking another nap. Yes, another. He got up with her at 7, thrn went and laid down as soon as I got up at 8:30. Slept for 45 min then had to run into work. Took the girl for a few hours, now napping again. I'm still pissy.

Oct Angel Babies

• CnAnA said:

I'm still pissy.

For good reason...

20 min? SHUT THE FRONT DOOR.

Yep. He said they left after 20 min. It was nice to have 3 hours alone but dude. So now I'm seriously letting her do pretty much whatever she wants. We are watching youtube videos and i just put on a movie. Not dealing with it today.

Oct Angel Babies
  • Aaaand now hes sick. Fantastic.

Oct Angel Babies
  • @NeedUtonite‌ agreed. But at this point it's not even worth the fight to call him on it.

Oct Angel Babies
  • @needutonight and you can be damn sure this subject will be revisited. LOL

In all fairness, I have taken over his computer.  I left them in the living room and I'm hiding in the bedroom.  

Oct Angel Babies
  • @scrumpfy  love tit for solidarity

Do you think your H is doing it on purpose?  I've talked to mine before about and he acts like he doesn't even know he's doing it.  The thing that scares me about it is it seems like a slippery slope to a complete loss of my identity (I only exist as part of a couple) - which is how his parents work.  His mom is basically his dad's assistant/backup/understudy.  Since that is what he grew with, I think that is the behavior he is falling into now. Not cool (obvi).
    Nah, I don't think mine does it like that. I don't feel like I'm only half a couple, and that's definitely not something he'd pick up from his parents - they have zero shared interests and barely see each other.

I think it's just more for his ego. He does something awesome= he is awesome. scrumpf does something awesome= WE are awesome. He does something lame = WE did something lame. Deflecting blame for bad stuff, taking credit for good, etc.
  • My kod slept until 8am today! THEN she actually took a human sized bite of her egg! Best morning ever!

Backstory, my kid hates most protein. Especially for breakfast. Even bacon, the little weirdo. LOL so i had her help me scramble an egg, then told her she could have the pepperoni she asked for if she took a bite of her egg. I win!

Oct Angel Babies
  • I am rocking this first week of 2015, despite my sinus infection. I lost 4 lbs since last Sunday when I recommitted to my weight loss, took the tree down and put all of Christmas away, dusted, vacuumed, paid all the bills and sorted mail, and finished the laundry. (My bathrooms are in desperate need of attention, but I'll get to it.) I got DH to set up all the new storage cubes in the boys' room for books and stuffed animals and moved the old small shelves into the nursery room and play room. That was a big project!

After 24 hours of antibiotics, I have the organization bug to get things done since I mostly layed around for 4 days other than our day trip to Charleston.

• Speaking of losing weight, if anyone wants to join in on myfitnesspal or fitbit/be one of my friends, send me a PM with your email (for fitbit add) and screen name (for myfitnesspal) :) I need as much motivation as possible.

• Bye bye Christmas vacation..... Work starts again tomorrow :-<

I'm not looking forward to having to go back to work tomorrow and thenworking all week.

• @piffley‌, C never falls asleep on me anymore, and I think if she did I would sit there as long as possible to soak up the snuggles.
  • Love the floors @stephcarter can't wait to come over when your all moved in to see all your renovations!
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• @NeedUtonite‌ I really think we're married to the same dude. That happens here all the time. "Where did you hide xyz??????" I just want to tell him to STFU. Since when does putting away=hiding? Half the time it's his own fault. The rest of the time I can usually logically remember where I stored something. It's a rare occasion where I put something away and can't figure out where.

• @mambonumber5 is that good or bad if thry move it up?

Oct Angel Babies
  • @CnAnA‌ , I struggle with the lack of sun in iowa during the winter, so I can only imagine! I think I need a lamp. I had a mole removed in a September and the dermatologist scared the shit out of me but tanning was good for the sad. I have a billion moles or I'd probably tan anyway.

I think Norah's having nightmares. She wakes in a panic asking for me and insists I sit in her chair. Half the time I fall asleep but I'm not getting the sleep I need. I feel bad as she acts terrified, but I'm so tired. H let me sleep in today which helped....

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• @Cnana hugs to you. It sounds like a good plan and i hope it helps you! We are here whenever you need us but i know its not the same as being in person!

@WanderingStars23‌ hugs for tomorrow and tonight. I hope you find a new job that you love so its not so bad for you!

@mambonumber5‌ hope you get ood news regarding the move.

• @CnAnA‌ Before you quoted Elle Woods, I was just going to mention endorphins! I think you'll feel a lot better working out!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"