Multiples

Travel with 8 month old twins

I'm sure this has been discussed a bunch but I'm not able to search. Here's the gist:

Traveling when they're 8 months old on a ~3 hr flight. We're doing lap seats, but we will get one extra so we'd have the whole row.

We will likely be renting car seats down there. But what do we do about a stroller? What kind of stroller would you recommend (side by side, tandem, umbrella)? Or should we rent a stroller too and stick with carriers through the airports?

We're going to disney so we will be doing a lot of walking.

Any other tips or experiences?

Baby Boy #1 born 1/15/2010

Babies #2 & #3 arriving Spring 2014 (EDD June 18)

Re: Travel with 8 month old twins

• You will have to let me know how it goes. We are going the disney thing too in the fall. They will be 1 years old. I know we will do umbrella strollers because they are my preference.
  • Are u going to disneyland or disney world? Have u been before?

What about your diaper bag, is it something you can easily carry all day or are you going to want to store it under the stroller?
    Diagnosed MFI- low sperm count  
    DS-Born 7/27/11 After 2 years of IF we have our little man
    TTC#2 January 2013
    11 Medicated cycles gave us
    B/G Twins born 10/8/14 @ 32 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Are u going to disneyland or disney world? Have u been before?

What about your diaper bag, is it something you can easily carry all day or are you going to want to store it under the stroller?

We're going to Disney World. I've been twice, but when I was younger (10 and 17).

Our diaper bag is something that can easily be carried around. It's the Ju Ju Be BFF that I use predominately as a back pack. We would likely also need a cooler bag of some sort for bottles and baby food that I'd prefer to store.

Baby Boy #1 born 1/15/2010

Babies #2 & #3 arriving Spring 2014 (EDD June 18)

• Just lurking :). I can't relate with twins bc I have a singleton but I just wanted to say you'll def want a stroller! I took DS around that age and brought both a stroller and a carrier for when we were waiting in long lines.

Do some research on the baby care centers. They're in every park and are amazing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • You may want the stroller in the airport so at least one of you (you or partner) have hands free to do something else, like go get food for everyone. Or say you have to bring both babies into the bathroom for a diaper change. 

We got the whole row and that was great. On the way back, we decided to bring on board one of our car seats, which worked out wonderfully as the babies could take turns sleeping in it and again left one of us with a free set of hands to make bottles, etc. 

By the way - strollers and car seats are all free to check at the gate. We brought the two car seats, and our frame Jovvy Roo Twin, and checked it at the gate. (except on the way back when we didn't check one of our two car seats.) 

A friend recommended the playtex drop ins bottles for travel - great idea! easy to make a new bottle. I used the Tommee Tippee nipple/pacifier wipes to clean the nipples when I couldn't get to a bathroom. 
    ********************************************************************************************
    Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
    Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
    Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
    Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
    We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board